Current Events Wano is disasterclass

I saw many comment that is defending wano is good arc . In terms of what ? Design , story , logical events , which one ?

Oda had to introduce supernova cuz of stupid his editor and he has been dealing with to write stop for them . And this cause just bullshit . Wano supernova thing just shit . The only reason that big mom came wano is to give fight for kidd and law . Has been 4 years. Therefore yonkou image has been destroyed .
Think about kid and law lack of advanced coc . Luffy has learned how to use coc to beat kaido . But big mom does not use her coc against two non adv coc user . Drake = Punk Hazard Smoker . What is contribution of supernovea into story why we read hawkings deake apoo . Clear beast pirates vs strawhats thing would work more than this shit . Nearly half of wano composed of no contribution to story . And nobody die no matter what at least wci had consistent and decent story and awesome design of world

I like this thread, everybody is venting their anger about slow progress and filler characters. No hate, just reasonable criticism. The point is, we all read OP, and still enjoy characters that we love. But, we also need to make it clear that we are not dumb to not understand how Oda is dragging this arc and series as a whole.

No need to hate or be toxic to others, just state your opinion and if some users agree with you, good, we are not here to convince others to drop OP :cheers:

If there's one thing I didn't enjoy about Wano was the overexertion of complexity when all considered most content involving the particular local areas of the country alongside their side characters could be replaced by adding more deepth into some fights like Jack vs Inu as well as adding more on King's and Kaido's past. My personal opinion.
As Randy Meeks said there is beauty in simplicity otherwise you start losing your audience which is the problem with OP Part 2.

Also the lack of Smoker and Tashigi is the biggest problem of this arc.

No need to hate or be toxic to others, just state your opinion and if some users agree with you, good, we are not here to convince others to drop OP
Precisely. You can admit a story is bad and still follow it for whatever reason.

As Randy Meeks said there is beauty in simplicity otherwise you start losing your audience which is the problem with OP Part 2.

Also the lack of Smoker and Tashigi is the biggest problem of this arc.
kurt cobain's philosophy was to write a song that was as simple as possible too. Simplicity that leads to questions or different interpretations is how i would define a good story.

LMFAO you used the events nonchronoligicaly. You made it seem like zoro learned from king to hit kaido. What a pitiful thing to do.
:noo:You cant be serious. Nothing in my post states his fight with kaido took place after his fight with king. I even made a whole rundown of how Zoro came to fight King in the first place and the secret to mastering enma was foreshadowed with his fight with Kaido.
"Zoro got trouble from a sword because someone else was playing an instrument." Go tell that to any non one piece fan and see how they react. Absolutely shambolic can not believe you are actually defending this stupidity.
:usoprice:
Rubber boy defeats warlord through the power of water
Rubber boys crew have an emotional dilemma and cries over a ship
Rubber boy lost his entire crew from a guy that's eaten the paw paw fruit
I can tell that to any person who knows nothing about anime and it will sound like Im taking crazy pills. But I dont care because I enjoy the stories and crazy shit like that just comes with the territory. How did you make it past the guy who uses 3 swords by gripping one with his teeth???
Look dude if you can not manage to understand how uncool and plainly stupid is for Zoro not to get the full usage out of enma during a life/death situation when as per your admission the most precious thing zoro seems to have is his precious captain who was NEARLY DYING then i do not know what to tell you. All it amounted was fake tension and zoro not knowing what conquerors haki was which was the most anticlimactic thing i read in wano up to that point. Then Zoro V King happened. Zoro always seemed to have trouble with enma and Zoro even stated that enma could have killed him. Wouldn't it be more reasonable for enma to be more likely to kill zoro when he gave his all against kaido? This is a bunch of insignificant idiotic stuff and you just do not want to admit it.
Zoro still had to preserve his haki usage to an extent because BIG MOM was there to back Kaido up. It was then when BM got separated and Luffy was knocked unconscious next to Kaido ready to gouge his eyes out did Zoro went all out in his Asura form. And we saw the consequence of that when he couldn't even stand and Kaido shattered Zoros bones leading to him being OOC for 10 chapters. Zoro knew what conqueror was he just wasn't aware of the implementation of infusing his attacks with conquerors.
Lmfaoooo. You literally brought up pre ts luffy v kuzan to make your point. Luffy knew he was too weak to compete in the new world that is why it took him 2 years to set sail again. Plus luffy never had the goal to fight kuzan. Zoro stated that he wanted to cut kaido to pieces and even started using coc haki.
This IS pre ts Luffy and based on kuzan comment Luffy definitely did thought he could beat him as status and strength didn't stop Luffy from attacking and beating Arlong, Crocodile or even Enel as he had every intent to win those duels from the start. If anything losing this fight was the start of him realizing the true gap in strength and his decision to go train wasn't realized until several arcs later.
Oh the glorious zoro v king the fight where zoro might have died because he could not hurt king because of king's race but hurts king anyway even if he does not know king's race beforehand
Yeah he hurt him when King lost his flames thus weakening his defense and Zoro hadn't come to that realization yet.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english
Nah your english is great don't sweat it!

Rubber boy defeats warlord through the power of water
Rubber boys crew have an emotional dilemma and cries over a ship
Rubber boy lost his entire crew from a guy that's eaten the paw paw fruit
I can tell that to any person who knows nothing about anime and it will sound like Im taking crazy pills. But I dont care because I enjoy the stories and crazy shit like that just comes with the territory. How did you make it past the guy who uses 3 swords by gripping one with his teeth???
Luffy did not defeat crocodile through water but with water. He did have to be strong enough for the punches to matter.
I do not want to go how other things are misinterpreted.

Zoro still had to preserve his haki usage to an extent because BIG MOM was there to back Kaido up. It was then when BM got separated and Luffy was knocked unconscious next to Kaido ready to gouge his eyes out did Zoro went all out in his Asura form. And we saw the consequence of that when he couldn't even stand and Kaido shattered Zoros bones leading to him being OOC for 10 chapters. Zoro knew what conqueror was he just wasn't aware of the implementation of infusing his attacks with conquerors.
Again Zoro, based on what is portrayed and shown in the story had no reason absolutely no reason not to awaken enma and king of hell in the presence of kaido. Based on how swords have been shown to work there is no reason for the shamisen to control it unless Komurasaki has a devilfruit or the shamisen has eaten a devilfruit that does that which has not been confirmed whatsoever. You can make a case that ashura does not happen because of enma but it happens because of kitetsu the third since sandai kitetsu and enma basically had the same built up (sandai kitetsu in water 7/enies lobby and enma in wano). King of hell has to be a special trait of enma since enma is the blate who cuts through hell or whatever. Zoro did not know what conquerors haki was as per panel. Either the translation is a failure or the author wrote that.

This IS pre ts Luffy and based on kuzan comment Luffy definitely did thought he could beat him as status and strength didn't stop Luffy from attacking and beating Arlong, Crocodile or even Enel as he had every intent to win those duels from the start. If anything losing this fight was the start of him realizing the true gap in strength and his decision to go train wasn't realized until several arcs later.
Jesus christ. If luffy thought he could have won he wouldn't have all his crewmates leave and ask kuzan to leave them alone. The idea for training was rayleigh's and luffy told his crew to run in sabaody archipelago pre ts... Anyways yeah Oda does not care about zoro or zoro's ambition. Law is teaching people about swordsmanship and calls himself a swordsman while Zoro shows no interest in fighting other swordsmen or knowing other swordsmen other than Mihawk. Zoro has been absolutely pathetic. How would you feel if the yonko hirearchy did not exist for luffy in his rise to the pirate king? Exactly. It's shallow and meaningless.

Yeah he hurt him when King lost his flames thus weakening his defense and Zoro hadn't come to that realization yet.
Again the panel said if i do not find out his race i will not know how to beat him. Zoro did not even need to find out king's race to find king's weakness which is FAKE TENSION to a tensionless fight to begin with. King was underqualified and was not a real challenge for Zoro... Accept it King served nothing to zoro. If zoro fought orochi and orochi had advanced coc a notable katana and awakening since orochi HAS A MYTHICAL ZOAN and actually RIVALED Kaido in some way then Zoro would have improved his swordsmanship against a great swordsman not a joke like King who only served for Oda to troll Zoro.

I saw many comment that is defending wano is good arc . In terms of what ? Design , story , logical events , which one ?

Oda had to introduce supernova cuz of stupid his editor and he has been dealing with to write stop for them . And this cause just bullshit . Wano supernova thing just shit . The only reason that big mom came wano is to give fight for kidd and law . Has been 4 years. Therefore yonkou image has been destroyed .
Think about kid and law lack of advanced coc . Luffy has learned how to use coc to beat kaido . But big mom does not use her coc against two non adv coc user . Drake = Punk Hazard Smoker . What is contribution of supernovea into story why we read hawkings deake apoo . Clear beast pirates vs strawhats thing would work more than this shit . Nearly half of wano composed of no contribution to story . And nobody die no matter what at least wci had consistent and decent story and awesome design of world
I also think that One Piece was fated to become a convoluted overcrowded mess the moment he introduced the Supernovas. Ironically, Oda intended to get rid of half of them during the TS which on hindsight would have been the better decision. As I stated before there is a certain beauty in simplicity otherwise you lose you audience, and I think the series used to be like this when it was about going on in an adventure with your friends.The Supernovas feel like unnecessary fat in what used to be an enjoyable well balanced meal. Now there are so many factions, crews, and supporting characters that I can barely remember.

Marineford was epic with loads of people but you never felt overwhelmed by the amount of information we received. The reason is that most of the characters, and groups were already introduced. We already knew pretty much all of the Warlords, the Blackbeard pirates, 2 of the 3 Admirals were already established as well as the Whitebeard pirates' stakes. Godness, we were familiar with Marine characters such as Garp, Sengoku, Smoker, Tashigi, Hina, Coby, Helmeppo, and the Vice Admirals. Ivankov was wonderfully introduced in ID and we already knew most of the escapees such as MR1, 3, and the God Buggy. Heck the WB allied pirates were shown in some double spreads to show the scale of the event without slowing down the plot, and still remaining focused on the heart of the arc which was relationship between Luffy and Ace. I can't believe the same person who drew MF also wrote the messy Dressrosa where I kept asking myself who was who non stop.

Wano at least focuses on the Straw hats again but Oda did not need that many characters, and allies that feel like fat.

Wano at least focuses on the Straw hats again but Oda did not need that many characters, and allies that feel like fat.
Lol focuses. The strawhats have not had a meaningful achievement in wano. Most of them have been in awe of a dead corpse(oden). It is all so shallow and weak, thoroughly disgusting to read. Wano is disasterclass. THE WORST OF THE WORST AND IT WILL NOT END!

Lol focuses. The strawhats have not had a meaningful achievement in wano. Most of them have been in awe of a dead corpse(oden). It is all so shallow and weak, thoroughly disgusting to read. Wano is disasterclass. THE WORST OF THE WORST AND IT WILL NOT END!
I get your point. I know its a meme at this point but I would not mind if by some miracle that the raid ultimately fails and Oda pulls an Infinity War on us so he can start really focusing on the main characters, and especially Zoro's backstory.

Luffy did not defeat crocodile through water but with water. He did have to be strong enough for the punches to matter.
I do not want to go how other things are misinterpreted.
And that somehow make it sound less absurd? Nothing about those examples were misinterpreted they simply lack context and are presented at face value.
Zoro did not know what conquerors haki was as per panel.
HE KNEW

What he didn't know was the act of INFUSING his attacks with conquerors which was the source of his confusion.
Again Zoro, based on what is portrayed and shown in the story had no reason absolutely no reason not to awaken enma and king of hell in the presence of kaido. Based on how swords have been shown to work there is no reason for the shamisen to control it unless Komurasaki has a devilfruit or the shamisen has eaten a devilfruit that does that which has not been confirmed whatsoever. You can make a case that ashura does not happen because of enma but it happens because of kitetsu the third since sandai kitetsu and enma basically had the same built up (sandai kitetsu in water 7/enies lobby and enma in wano). King of hell has to be a special trait of enma since enma is the blate who cuts through hell or whatever.
Already gave the explanation with BM being their and him not coming to the realization beforehand. It was explained in the flashback from the fight itself that swords themselves have wills of their own and have different ways to express it, that can be seen as cursed for users. Enma was tied to Odens will and he bestowed the blade upon Hiyori and she has personal connection with the shamisen so the blade acted out. Asura isn't a product to any particular sword but the embodiment of Zoros own will. King of hell is no different as its Zoros utilization of infusing CoC to his attacks and it was simply enma who pushed him to that edge as he decided to comply with the swords will were as before it was the other way around at the fear of potentially killing him.
Jesus christ. If luffy thought he could have won he wouldn't have all his crewmates leave and ask kuzan to leave them alone. The idea for training was rayleigh's and luffy told his crew to run in sabaody archipelago pre ts... Anyways yeah Oda does not care about zoro or zoro's ambition. Law is teaching people about swordsmanship and calls himself a swordsman while Zoro shows no interest in fighting other swordsmen or knowing other swordsmen other than Mihawk. Zoro has been absolutely pathetic. How would you feel if the yonko hirearchy did not exist for luffy in his rise to the pirate king? Exactly. It's shallow and meaningless.
Not wanting his friends to get caught in the crossfire of a fight against a deadly opponent somehow equates to him expecting to lose when if anything he probably be more naive at this point after facing off against a self proclaimed GOD with logia powers. This is pre ts Luffy where talking about with already impressive feats. Forgot it was Rayleigh offer my bad. So not fighting no.14 in the swordsmen hierarchy nullifies Zoros efforts to reach the caliber to face off against THE WSS? Swordsmen or not, they're still a testament to Zoros abilities as its his swordsmanship needed to defeat those strong opponents. Daz bones wasn't a swordman but it was a massive stepping stone for zoro swordsmanship as he learned to cut steel and king is no different.
Again the panel said if i do not find out his race i will not know how to beat him. Zoro did not even need to find out king's race to find king's weakness which is FAKE TENSION to a tensionless fight to begin with. King was underqualified and was not a real challenge for Zoro... Accept it King served nothing to zoro. If zoro fought orochi and orochi had advanced coc a notable katana and awakening since orochi HAS A MYTHICAL ZOAN and actually RIVALED Kaido in some way then Zoro would have improved his swordsmanship against a great swordsman not a joke like King who only served for Oda to troll Zoro.
Finding out about Kings race meant finding out his races abilities as the flame on Kings back wasn't related to his devil fruit abilities and was giving Zoro trouble. That was the conflict and understanding it led to Zoros victory as he exploited that weakness. Your not the first person to say this and it baffles me. I dont see how pimping Orochi with a bunch of powers makes for a more interesting fight to King's where Zoro had to actually strategize on top of improving himself as a swordsman against someone who was stronger than him regardless. Makes his strength as a swordsman far more versatile in comparison.

HE KNEW

What he didn't know was the act of INFUSING his attacks with conquerors which was the source of his confusion.
I remember that but oda decided to make Zoro look stupid. Accept it.

Already gave the explanation with BM being their and him not coming to the realization beforehand. It was explained in the flashback from the fight itself that swords themselves have wills of their own and have different ways to express it, that can be seen as cursed for users. Enma was tied to Odens will and he bestowed the blade upon Hiyori and she has personal connection with the shamisen so the blade acted out. Asura isn't a product to any particular sword but the embodiment of Zoros own will. King of hell is no different as its Zoros utilization of infusing CoC to his attacks and it was simply enma who pushed him to that edge as he decided to comply with the swords will were as before it was the other way around at the fear of potentially killing him.
Swords having wills of their own is proof that king of hell came because of enma. Enma is stated to cut through hell hence: The king of hell. Again Hiyori using the shamisen to control enma is stupid. Oden's soul is not buried in enma it is confirmed.

Not wanting his friends to get caught in the crossfire of a fight against a deadly opponent somehow equates to him expecting to lose when if anything he probably be more naive at this point after facing of against a self proclaimed GOD with logia powers. This is pre ts Luffy where talking about with already impressive feats. Forgot it was Rayleigh offer my bad. So not fighting no.14 in the swordsmen hierarchy nullifies Zoros efforts to reach the caliber to face off against THE WSS? Swordsmen or not, they're still a testament to Zoros abilities as its his swordsmanship needed to defeat those strong opponents. Daz bones wasn't a swordman but it was a massive stepping stone for zoro swordsmanship as he learned to cut steel and king is no different.
C'mon dude. Luffy knew he was dead meat against Aokiji. Luffy knew he was dead meat against garp.... Zoro has fought 0 notable swordsmen throughout the story that are known about their swordsmanship in some form or fashion or have carried a notable sword. The testament of zoro's abilities is that he fights enemies weaker than him every arc and says somewhat cool one liners.

Finding out about Kings race meant finding out his races abilities as the flame on Kings back wasn't related to his devil fruit abilities and was giving Zoro trouble. That was the conflict and understanding it led to Zoros victory as he exploited that weakness. Your not the first person to say this and it baffles me. I dont see how pimping Orochi with a bunch of powers makes for a more interesting fight to King's where Zoro had to actually strategize on top of improving himself as a swordsman against someone who was stronger than him regardless. Makes his strength as a swordsman far more versatile in comparison.
Exactly. And he said i can not find out about his abilities if i do not know his race first but he did anyway. For the 10000th time King was underqualified to fight zoro. King V Zoro is not different from Pica V Zoro. In both fights zoro struggled because he could not find the right way to attack pica/king and then the final clash happened. AGAIN KING DID NOT HAVE CONQUERORS HAKI(KATAKURI DID) DID NOT HAVE/WAS NOT SHOWN TO HAVE AWAKENING(KATAKURI DID) DID NOT HAVE A NOTABLE BLADE. EXPLAIN TO ME HOW IN WHAT YOU HAVE MOST SACRED ISN'T THAT ODA DISGRACING ZORO FOR LUFFY? WE JUST SAW A YC1 THAT HAD AWAKENING AND YC1 THAT HAD CONQUERORS. PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN YOU GET BEHIND THIS NONSENSE? KING IS JUST GARBAGE.

Moving along... Orochi has a mythical zoan which they seem to be the rarest devil fruits and the pinnacle of zoans yet he is getting beat by a non combatant geisha. Kid X Drake was able to fodderise people based on his ancient df in north blue but anyways.

Orochi is from wano maybe could have had a great grade blade or supreme grade blade. Orochi could have had conquerors because wano samurai WERE NOT supposed to be a joke. Orochi has 8 heads zoro uses 9 swords style. I thought it was an easy match-up... BUT NOPE. ZORO FIGHTS THE USELESS YC1 THAT IS KNOWN FOR NOTHING AND WE ARE IN WANO A COUNTRY WHO IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE SAMURAIS THAT THE WG HAS DIFFICULTY DEALING WITH AND THEY CAN NOT WIELD A GREAT GRADE BLADE BUT EXPECT A KID TO GROW UP AND USE IT.

Zoro said that he wanted his name to reach heavens YET which notable SWORDSMAN HAS ZORO FOUGHT?

You can make a case that big mom is a notable swordsman and zoro does not even show a slight of interest in her and she is a powerhouse of the seas....... Literally why does zoro want to be WSS ANYMORE WHEN HE DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO REACH HIS GOAL? If you say kidd and law have to deal with that THEN WHY DO YOU ADD CHARACTERS THAT GO AGAINST THE MAIN CAST?

Seriously.... Jesus Christ!

Last edited: