Fanclub Wano - Shimotsuki Ryuma Fan Club

Do you want to see Ryuma Flashback after the War ?

• Total voters
From Reddit

1. “My swords are heavier”- Zoro at Arlong Park talking about Wado Ichimonji and random swords
2. “This Sword is heavier than rest... it has a temper”- Zoro at Thriller Bark

As seen from line 1 and 2, most would infer that Zoro means heaviness in a metaphoric sense regarding Zoro having bigger dreams and ambitions resting on his swords than the likes of Hachi at the time. And I believe that’s true.
Someone’s dreams/will to achieve their dreams do in fact cause the swords to be “heavier” but I don’t think it stays purely a metaphor since we’ve seen will manifest as Haki and we’ve seen Haki turn swords black via Color of Armament.
Consequently when Zoro says Shusui is “heavier” he means it the same way he also called his own swords “heavier”, Zoro could literally feel the Will of Ryuuma from the sword and it made the sword “heavy”.
Therefore, Zoro could feel his swords and Shusui are heavy because of the will behind them.

He's the Goat

B

Ballel

Add me!!!
Post automatically merged:

yep
i think this what happened
ryuma ate DF that let you born in another time with another name
zoro actually fought himself in TP not his father on his ancestor

hmm maybe at the ryuma grave zoro will remember his previous life
or it maybe written in ponglyph
I don't think there is something as 'real' reincarnation in One Piece, only people's will being passed on to others -both conciously and unconciously.

Last edited by a moderator:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The Sword God: Past and Future.

This quote is succinct with Zoro's growth as a swordsman. At the beginning, his aim was to become the best Swordsman for his own self interests, and while he still does now, what drives him is twofold. His original ambition, and the desire to become strong enough to protect things that are dear to him. Wano is sort of the apex to that development. Zoro is driven with the single minded goal of freeing Wano from the invaders that plague it. Particularly Kaido. He isn't doing it on behalf of someone like Luffy, he's not doing it to test his skills, it's a resolve he's developed from his time in the country and bonding with the people who've been exploited due to their lack of strength to make a change. His intentions are the purest among those on the roof.

Last edited:
The Sword God: Past and Future.

This quote is succinct with Zoro's growth as a swordsman. At the beginning, his aim was to become the best Swordsman for his own self interests, and while he still does now, what drives him is twofold. His original ambition, and the desire to become strong enough to protect things that are dear to him. Wano is sort of the apex to that development. Zoro is driven with the single minded goal of freeing Wano from the invaders that plague it. Particularly Kaido. He isn't doing it on behalf of someone like Luffy, he's not doing it to test his skills, it's a resolve he's developed from his time in the country and bonding with the people who've been exploited due to their lack of strength to make a change. His intentions are the purest among those on the roof.
His original aim at becoming world's best swordsman was to fulfil a promise to Kuina. It's why his fight with Hawkeye was so significant