General & Others Wano (So Far ) vs Thriller Bark Which arc is Better?

Better Arc?

• Wano

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Thriller Bark

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
Thriller Bark is a cool down arc after one of the peak arcs in One Piece.

It makes more sense to compare Water 7/Enies Lobby vs Wano/Onigashima.
I thought about doing that but lets be honest.... Water7/Enies Lobby would Assasinate Wano if we compared them. I mean.... look at the poles rn for Thriller bark and wano.... 50/50. Figure I'd give Wano arc a fighting chance with Thriller Bark which is also a controversial arc.

I thought about doing that but lets be honest.... Water7/Enies Lobby would Assasinate Wano if we compared them. I mean.... look at the poles rn for Thriller bark and wano.... 50/50. Figure I'd give Wano arc a fighting chance with Thriller Bark which is also a controversial arc.
I still enjoy thriller bark as a whole over all of wano so far.

Wano has more misses than his for me.

Thriller Bark is a cool down arc after one of the peak arcs in One Piece.

It makes more sense to compare Water 7/Enies Lobby vs Wano/Onigashima.
LoL if you were to compare Wano to Water 7/Enies Lobby there would literally be no contest
Post automatically merged:

Idk which arc is "better" but I definitely know which one I'd rather read

Wano is cool and all but it's WAY too long and it has some of the lowest lows in the series imo

Thriller Bark may be a bit boring at times but some of the chapters in Wano actually hurt to read

Kinemon's revival followed by an unfunny fart gag physically made me cringe

Fights:
in Term of fights Wano has better action but Thriller Bark has better narrative and more satisfactory end of fights at least for me

(Oars Vs Shs) Vs (Kaido Vs Sns/9Rs): K Vs Sns was more hype but O Vs Shs is One of my favorite fights for me its was better than any fight in Wano so far

(Luffy Vs Moria) Vs (Luffy Vs Kaido): i will wait and see but im 90+% sure that L vs K Will be Better

(Zoro Vs King) Vs (Zoro Vs Ryuma): Z vs K has Better Action but Z Vs R was more interesting and was more satisfactory for me

(Sanji Vs Queen) Vs (Sanji Vs Absalom): action wise both fight aren't that good personally i liked S Vs A a little more than S Vs Q - Sanji had better moment in S Vs Q fight but Queen was Very meh in this fight (Character Wise)
Although i like queen more than any one in enemy side both in Wano and TB

(Chopper and Robin Vs Hogback, Cindry and Zoro and Sanji Zombie ) Vs (Chopper Vs Queen?/Fodders?): for me its not even a question C and R Vs H and etc is way better

(Chopper and Robin Vs Hogback, Cindry and Zoro and Sanji Zombies) Vs (Robin Vs Black Maria): action wise R Vs BM was better but personally i like C and R Vs H and etc more

(Usopp Vs Perona) Vs (Usopp/Nami Vs Ulti/P1) : i like U Vs P alot for me its not even a question U Vs P is Way Better U/N vs Ul/P1 was trash it wasn't even a fight

(Nami and Lola Vs Absalom) Vs (Usopp/Nami Vs Ulti/P1) : U/N vs Ul/P1 was trash it wasn't even a fight - N and L Vs A also wasn't a fight but it was way better than U/N vs Ul/P1

(Brook Vs Ryuma) Vs (Brook vs Some Gifters and 1 Number): even tough he lost B Vs R was way better

Franky Vs Sasaki: it was Ok

Jinbe Vs Who's Who: i actually like it it was good

Jack/Peros vs Inu/Neco: it was trash

Killer Vs Hawkins: it was ok

Kidd and Law Vs BM: i will wait and see so far its ok

i will give it to TB overall i like it more in term of fights at least for me TB fights was satisfactory

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hype:
Wano has some of the most Hyped moments/Chapters in series TB has some but

i will give it to Wano

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapters/Moments:

Wano has some of the best chapters/moments in OP But also has some of the Worst Chapters in OP it also has way to many midd and meh chapters/moments

TB also Has one of some of the best chapters/moments although not as much as Wano but for it don't have any of worst chapters/moments also overall i think it has less midd and meh chapters/moments than Wano (percentage wise)

Overall i think TB was better for me so i will give it to TB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Villanes:
i will give rating ratting base of how much i liked/hated (both are bonus point) them and how interesting they are for me
(Ratting is base of one piece villanes its not comparison with other Villanes in other series so bing a 10/10 don't mean in comparison to other series said Villane is also a 10/10 also rating is base of expectations . expectation for Villanes of a main ark with 400+chapter build up is obviously is higher than a side ark wit almost 0 build up 4.5 to -6 is mid 6+ to 7.5- is good 7.5+ to 9 is very good to great 9+ to 10 is for best one piece Villanes )

Moria => 6.5/10 => he wasn't a very good villane but he was interesting for most part
Oars and Moria => 7-7.5/10 => Oars and Moria together were really dangerous and threatening it was a very good combination
Hogback => 7-7.5/10 => i liked/Hated him alot in TB he was one of the good part of TB arc
Absalom => 6/10 => he was Ok
Ryuma => 7/10 => he was good
Lola Zombie? => 7/10 => i liked her alot

Kaido => 5.5-6/10 => after 120+ chapter i still don't have any feeling toward kaido he is so neutral for me almost in no point in wano expect act 1 i didn't see him as an actual threat in wano and fake deads make it even woerse hoppefully his flashback will make him better for me

Big Mom => 3-3.5/10 => i liked her in WCI but in wano she was an absolute trash she did more harm to enemy side than helping it she is also part of worst chapters/moments in wano

Orochi => 6.5-7/10 => he was good for most part untill kaidos betrayal thaty made him mostly irrelevant oda did good job to make me hate him

King => 6-6.5/10 => he was like a 3.5-4/10 for me for most part of wano he get some lore and hype (his race and beginning of fight vs zoro) it made him a 5/10 his flashback in recent chapter gave him some personality and some what good back story but it was way to short he is more like a 6.3/10

Queen => 7-7.5/10 => i liked him alot for most part of wano he was more like a 8/10 for me but in fight vs sanji he wasn't good (character wise and power wise) i also expected a flashback for mads but we get nothing so he get some minus points

Jack => 4-4.5/10 => Before wano he was good but in wano for most part he wasn't good and offscreen fights made it even worse

Kanjuru => 7-7.5 => he was best villane in onigashima for most part he was like a 8-8.5/10 for me but 2 fake dead ruined his ending it could be a very good ending

Hawkins => 7/10 => he was one one of best villanes in act 1 and 2 but in onigashima he wasnt that good

F6 most of them are bettween 4-5.5 for me

ovaral i think TB was a little better

Comedy:
wano had some good comedy (queen snake form - king tempura udon - shs Funny face and etc) but TB was better for me

i will give it to TB

Plot and Narrative:
Wano has so many unfinished plot and many of the finished plots had very bad and unsatisfactory ending at least for me (Kyoshiro being Denjiro - nami and robin being worry about toko and bath house bullshit - Kidds reunion with his crew and his plot with beast pirates - Marcos bullshit letter - Bm and Tama Bullshit and etc)
i also don't like momo becoming an adult and rs getting destroyed (some people love this 2 so i mentioned it separately)

personally i liked most of plots and their ending in TB for me almost all of them wa satisfactory:
Chopper and Hogback - Brook and Ryuma - Cindory Plot Line - Nami and Lola - Perona and Usopp - shs and Kuma and etc

Wano isn't finished yet so i cant give my final answer but so far TB is way better for me

i will give it to TB

Last edited:
Best narrative: Wano
Best fights: Wano
Best new straw hat: Thriller bark
Best Vilian: Wano( Crydo is a few better)
Best design: Wano
Best comedy: Thriller Bark
Best Zoro sword: Thriller Bark
BEST ZORO MOMENT: Wano
So Wano>>>>Thriller Bark:cheers:
Nah bro sorry but Zoro's best moment is still on Thriller Bark.

I think I prefer Wano due to the badass moments and fights but Oda fucked it up. It could have been the best arc ever and it will end up being a mid tier arc. Sadly. I've reread the first parts a few times and I think it even makes it worse. So many plot points created just to keep people talking about the chapter that week, that weren't even important at all. The backstories honestly were hype for a bit but ended up being so disappointing imo. The waste of chapters on udon and the start of the arc with tama etc could have been diminished and her point in the story of Wano still be intact. there's so many bad things with Wano .. but we will have to wait and see.

Wano did make me drop One Piece for some months while it was on the Wano War so I think that says a bit about how disappointed I am. Im currently reading it weekly again though as Im out of work and hve nothing to do

Last edited:
Wano-Kuni is sorta the dying breath of the Marineford hype in a manner of speaking due to everything post TS kinda leading up to it, but i'd say that looking at the arc itself its pretty high tier mid. Mostly cuz i still wanna know wtf the New Onigashima Project is, and Kaido's connection to the Will of D. I feel the Joyboy moment w/ Kaido was the highlight of the arc tbh.

Thriller Bark:
*some comedy,New Straw Hat,Nami taking a bath,Zoro vs Zombie Ryuma,everyone vs Oars fight,Kuma showing up and Zoro's "nothing happened moment".
Wano:
*Rocks reveal,Big Mom and Kaido alliance,Oden/Roger/WhiteBeard flashback,Rooftop fight,a shit ton of side characters with backstory,New Straw Hats(Jinbe and Yamato),Supernova vs Yonko,CP0,Ace flashback,Straw Hats vs Beast Pirates,Luffy vs Kaido and Law&Kidd vs Big Mom and much more to come and things i forgot.Wano has bad pacing,but it has a lot more to offer.

To make my final judgement i would need to wait for the anime to animate Wano arc and watch it all in one go,because that is how i watched all of OP pre-skip arcs.

Best narrative: Wano
Best fights: Wano
Best new straw hat: Thriller bark
Best Vilian: Wano( Crydo is a few better)
Best design: Wano
Best comedy: Thriller Bark
Best Zoro sword: Thriller Bark
BEST ZORO MOMENT: Wano
So Wano>>>>Thriller Bark:cheers:
By those points I can't deny but...
Brook > Jinbei as character?

If you get the bad points you will see Wano is worse.