General & Others We need more mangakas like Gege

I've observed a common trend among manga series where they initially captivate my interest but eventually lose their allure over time. This pattern is noticeable in titles such as One Piece, My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Oshi no Ko, Black Clover, Kagura Bachi, Spy x Family, and others. The only exception to this trend is Hunter x Hunter, but unfortunately, it is currently on hiatus.

However, JJK manga stands out as a notable exception for me. I eagerly anticipate it every week, as it consistently maintains the same level of excitement I experienced a decade ago during the peak of One Piece.

Even though Gege has killed many of my favorite characters, I am genuinely grateful for the manga that Gege has crafted.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

JJK and OPM are the two things I feel like reading. To give you an idea, it's been about 10 months since I read a complete chapter of OP, although I participate in the Spoilers section.

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
I've observed a common trend among manga series where they initially captivate my interest but eventually lose their allure over time. This pattern is noticeable in titles such as One Piece, My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Oshi no Ko, Black Clover, Kagura Bachi, Spy x Family, and others. The only exception to this trend is Hunter x Hunter, but unfortunately, it is currently on hiatus.

However, JJK manga stands out as a notable exception for me. I eagerly anticipate it every week, as it consistently maintains the same level of excitement I experienced a decade ago during the peak of One Piece.

Even though Gege has killed many of my favorite characters, I am genuinely grateful for the manga that Gege has crafted.
Kagura Bochi has been around for a few months….

one piece is one of the longest running storylines ofc it’s going to lose interest here and there, mha is pure trash, opm is a masterpiece.

It sound like you’re just a Shonen enjoyer and if there isn’t nonstop action you can’t enjoy it..

stick to manga like ToG and RoR if that’s what you enjoy and you won’t be disappointed

Kagura Bochi has been around for a few months….

one piece is one of the longest running storylines ofc it’s going to lose interest here and there, mha is pure trash, opm is a masterpiece.

It sound like you’re just a Shonen enjoyer and if there isn’t nonstop action you can’t enjoy it..

stick to manga like ToG and RoR if that’s what you enjoy and you won’t be disappointed
I stop reading ToG as it becomes boring. It is funny you mention I need nonstop action but many manga I drop are fighting shonen. What mades Jjk and Hxh special is that the author keep adding fresh element to the manga, unlike others that promotes power creep

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
I stop reading ToG as it becomes boring. It is funny you mention I need nonstop action but many manga I drop are fighting shonen. What mades Jjk and Hxh special is that the author keep adding fresh element to the manga, unlike others that promotes power creep
El oh el JJK has had so many power creeps for the MCs like Yuji, Maki and even Nobara who was able to keep up with Mahito clone… where actual top tiers in the verse like Yuki and Yorubwere prompted as hype tool warm ups for the main villains..

Yujis had nonstop power creeps since the inception of JJK.

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
HxH also had power creeps with the 3 main protagonist with killua gaining a god mode and being able to toy with a royal guard, gon becoming an adult version of himself to defeat the strongest royal guard, where characters like Netero was afraid to even fight Pitou, bitch boy kurapika gaining a huge power creep with his chains able to punk Uvogin and then have such a full deep dive analysis in nen that he was selected as a teacher for the princes.

kurapika can now suddenly be prompted to the level of the likes of chrollo and hisoka, every Shonen has power creeps, that’s a universal law, jjk was fine up til the zenin massacre HxH was fine up til CAA.

it’s just the way it goes

I agree with everything you said except jjk.

Hunter x hunter is goated

Gege is good for action and building up hype flr fights
But as @TheKnightOfTheSea said, his character writing is generally really bad in the sense that characters barely interact with each other and the world they live in feels empty and one dimensional
Yep pretty much agree with this, Gege isn't a bad mangaka by any means but he isn't that great either like some people think he is.

I do enjoy JJK but I will admit, I started to slowly lose interest during the middle of the Culling Game arc, my interest only came back once we got the Gojo vs Sukuna fight.

Certain mangaka's who have flaws, I still think are better than Gege but at the end imo no mangaka is perfect.

Yep pretty much agree with this, Gege isn't a bad mangaka by any means but he isn't that great either like some people think he is.

I do enjoy JJK but I will admit, I started to slowly lose interest during the middle of the Culling Game arc, my interest only came back once we got the Gojo vs Sukuna fight.

Certain mangaka's who have flaws, I still think are better than Gege but at the end imo no mangaka is perfect.
Ofc, it's all about what one enjoys as a reader that makes the work of a mangaka look great or even perfect

JJK is sort of like bleach to me

I really Gojo as character he is shown pretty complex character who lost everything in his way even his best friend so I can see why best sorcerer decided to be trainer so that none of the shamans become corrupt .

I finished with Shibuya incident arc Kenjuku plot wise was well done so he pulled strings just like Aizen from beginning he was in control that fire shots he may well be in Final villain he definately has agenda to become ruler or cult leader to eradicate regular humans .

So where does King of curses play role in all of this . Does Sukana have sort of end game plan I know he has sort of interest in Megumi .