Questions & Mysteries Were there nika fruit users before Luffy ?

From the recent chapter, it has been made known that Nika even predates the Void Century as he was already a God Worshipped by the people of Elbaf even at that time. But it begs the question as to when the "Nika Fruit" came to be. Did Joyboy manifest the ability through his own desire, or did the fruit exists prior to Joyboy, and he was the last person to awaken it?

You know, Marco's fruit was a myth. Kizaru had never seen or heard of a bird that could do what Marco did.

It's possible the myth fruits were originally just a belief. They may not have evolved in nature.

The same thing is true with Nika.

Yes, I believe there were several people who had the Rubber-Rubber Fruit before Luffy, but I would say the more interesting thing is Luffy himself - it's possible Luffy's soul has been reincarnating and he has lived through several lives and died several times trying to find the One Piece.

Last edited:
nika - ashura
joyboy - hashirama
luffy - naruto
there were people who awakened nika fruit b4 puffy
might be even more than the people i have mentioned

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Yes.
Basically bunch of Luffys without the plot armour because the time of Nika was yet to come so they died of the stupidity induced by the Nika Nika no Mi

It seems pretty likely that Joyboy had the Nika Fruit, at least. And I do think it's possible that there are others who have had the Fruit over the centuries.

In fact, and this is probably going to sound like a weird idea, but I kind of have to wonder if a few of those potential users of the past are actually...other Luffys.

Personally, I'm kind of starting to wonder if the two prototypes for One Piece, Romance Dawn versions 1 and 2, could actually be canon to the main story of One Piece? I mean, we already know that Oda's old one-shot from Wanted, Monsters, where Ryuma first appeared is canon to the story. And most of the other stories in that collection could also take place in One Piece's World with pretty little consequences. It'd be pretty easy to say they all take place in the same world. I could see Oda doing something like that.

The exception with that is the two versions of Romance Dawn. But, with all this talk in the story about history repeating itself and the Sea Kings commenting on the "reincarnation" of Poseidon with Shirahoshi, I have to wonder if other characters are also being "reincarnated"? Could other versions of Luffy have existed in past lives, hundreds of years ago? Could one of these Romance Dawn Luffys have actually been the one who awakened the Ancient Giant Robot 200 years ago? I don't feel like it's impossible.

So, some other past users of the Nika Fruit could actually be the other two Romance Dawn Luffys. Maybe?

It seems pretty likely that Joyboy had the Nika Fruit, at least. And I do think it's possible that there are others who have had the Fruit over the centuries.

In fact, and this is probably going to sound like a weird idea, but I kind of have to wonder if a few of those potential users of the past are actually...other Luffys.

Personally, I'm kind of starting to wonder if the two prototypes for One Piece, Romance Dawn versions 1 and 2, could actually be canon to the main story of One Piece? I mean, we already know that Oda's old one-shot from Wanted, Monsters, where Ryuma first appeared is canon to the story. And most of the other stories in that collection could also take place in One Piece's World with pretty little consequences. It'd be pretty easy to say they all take place in the same world. I could see Oda doing something like that.

The exception with that is the two versions of Romance Dawn. But, with all this talk in the story about history repeating itself and the Sea Kings commenting on the "reincarnation" of Poseidon with Shirahoshi, I have to wonder if other characters are also being "reincarnated"? Could other versions of Luffy have existed in past lives, hundreds of years ago? Could one of these Romance Dawn Luffys have actually been the one who awakened the Ancient Giant Robot 200 years ago? I don't feel like it's impossible.

So, some other past users of the Nika Fruit could actually be the other two Romance Dawn Luffys. Maybe?
You ever see that weird filler part in Skypiea where a guy who looked like Luffy used a Reject Dial on some other guy and they both died? The Luffy guy had wings in that scene if I remember correctly. In fact, the entire reason it said it could like destroy a person's body was based on that scene where it showed both guys disintegrating as a result.

I got locked out of my account because I forgot the damn password, so I'm using this as an alternate for now.

I'm going to try to find that part. Though, I'm sure it's going to be a pain.

Hmm...I'm going to have to look that up. I don't remember that.
I found the part.

It's actually when Gan Fall is explaining how Impact Dials and Reject Dials work. I can't remember if it's in the manga or not.

[Season 3 Episode 169 - The Deadly Reject! War Demon Wyper's Resolve!] Timeframe: 6:25

You can find it on Crunchryoll.

I'm sure everybody has seen this, but almost everybody forgot about it, and I've mentioned this a long time ago that Luffy has likely had several different lives spanning over the 800 years since the Void Century. The Luffy with wings that's shown here is from my perspective extremely likely to be one of the previous incarnations of Joyboy (Luffy being the latest version).

He wears the same red shirt as Luffy, except he has a Shandorian style bottom, and wings. (all other features are the same)

Last edited:
Ah, thank you!

Honestly, I'm not sure if I've seen that episode before or not. They stopped showing One Piece on broadcast TV around Skypiea and I read the manga to catch up. I forget if Toonami or something ever got to that particular episode or not. There's a good stretch of the anime that I never saw.

It's certainly interesting. I'm not sure how much stock we can put in it, being anime exclusive. But, it doesn't mean it isn't a hint at something! It's something to keep in mind. I do feel like it's possible that Oda told the anime crew a few choice "secrets" that snuck their way into some of the anime filler episodes, especially back in the early days. So, this might turn out to be one of those little "secrets".

Last edited:
Well...

Either

1) the producers for the Anime are RETARDED and should be HATED
OR
2) the producers were giving us a little easter egg

I prefer to think they were giving us an easter egg