WG Support Thread

This video hits kind of hard.
I like some of the advice in it. Maybe it'll help some of y'all if you're struggling with moving on from something or depressed about life not being as good or exciting as it used to be.
Today i woke up depressed.You know what i did?cleaned the house,ate something good,did some light exercise,listened to music,a good cold bath and now i'm doing stuff on the computer for the week.If you are depressed put your mind to something.I'm way better right now.

Today i woke up depressed.You know what i did?cleaned the house,ate something good,did some light exercise,listened to music,a good cold bath and now i'm doing stuff on the computer for the week.If you are depressed put your mind to something.I'm way better right now.
Sometimes you just can't feel anything.
Sometimes you can't enjoy the stuff you usually do.
And I'm still not sure what to do in a scenario like that, honestly. But I know that it's okay to feel like that, because life is hard as fuck sometimes.
I realized that mental strength/courage isn't being able to not feel depressed or angry or melancholic, but it's being able to move past those feelings and try to not let them get too deep in your head.
And you may never realize how much someone loves you until you're gone. Even if they don't act like it, deep down they may really care for you.
Even if you don't think life's worth living, you may make it worth living for someone else, and I think that's a damn great reason to stay a little longer.

Sometimes you just can't feel anything.
Sometimes you can't enjoy the stuff you usually do.
And I'm still not sure what to do in a scenario like that, honestly. But I know that it's okay to feel like that, because life is hard as fuck sometimes.
I realized that mental strength/courage isn't being able to not feel depressed or angry or melancholic, but it's being able to move past those feelings and try to not let them get too deep in your head.
And you may never realize how much someone loves you until you're gone. Even if they don't act like it, deep down they may really care for you.
Even if you don't think life's worth living, you may make it worth living for someone else, and I think that's a damn great reason to stay a little longer.
Strenght stuff is BS. Its biochemistry,you need to get your dopamine going when you are depressed.Look up Andrew Huberman content about this.I used to do the Wim Hoff breathing technique too,it worked great.

Meditation helps your mind articulate and manage your random thoughts better.
Your mind don't over think , you realize what you doing and stops immidietly on that.
That's how it works for me.
You don't have to close your eyes sit in a room in a position to meditate.
You can meditate. You just have to stay conscious about unconscious stuff , likd breathing , if you focusing on your breathing , you will control every thought on how hard you want to think about it or don't want to.
I don't know if I'm even making sense.
But defining meditation is difficult.

Meditation helps your mind articulate and manage your random thoughts better.
Your mind don't over think , you realize what you doing and stops immidietly on that.
That's how it works for me.
You don't have to close your eyes sit in a room in a position to meditate.
You can meditate. You just have to stay conscious about unconscious stuff , likd breathing , if you focusing on your breathing , you will control every thought on how hard you want to think about it or don't want to.
I don't know if I'm even making sense.
But defining meditation is difficult.
Meditation means to familiarize your self with something.There are many different techniques that achieve different results.The meditation iI usually do is aimed to trigger the parasympathetic system and trigger a relaxation response.What you just described is called mindfulness,which is similar to some meditation types.
It takes time to develop enough focus to make it work and you will only see long lasting changes to your behavior if you stick practicing it for quite some time(weeks to years). Meditation re-wires your brain. Look up effects of meditation on neuroplasticity.

Well no matter what you should never hate your self.
Even if you feel like a loser you have a purpose and you are a good person.
Don't think of all the stuff you failed at or may fail at. Think of all the things you succeeded at.
And try to make your self better. I know it's hard, speaking from experience, but you should always try to become better and smarter, it's way better than just sitting around feeling like you're someone you ain't.
And again, I'm not trying to undermine what ever you're going through. Not saying you can just stop having those thoughts, though it would be great if you could. But all I'm saying is to use this as a lesson, make it so you almost never feel like this again. It's tough but I believe in you. More importantly, though, you gotta believe in your self.

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
I feel like I'm losing my marbles.

Life just seems so robotic nowadays. Its almost hard to talk to people.

I feel like I don't know who I am. Like I'm dying inside.
I recommend bringing yourself into the present. What you're describing is akin to living life on an autopilot or seeing everyone around you as nothing more than walking husks drabbed in grey. This is a tough situation to be in, the solutions lie in your environment.

1) Do you feel there is a lack of genuineness around you? That can often be the case, in fact, you may find that those around feel the same way and are waiting for someone to reach out to them and have a good conversation. Don't be afraid to take that initiative.

2) You may be going through a phase of depersonalization or derealization. It may have to do with stress, anxiety or your general mood being in imbalance over a long period of time without you noticing it.

I recommend you try yoga or meditation, maybe join a club with interests that revolve around yours. Not sure if you are a student or in an occupation (or neither), but your mind craves for meaningful social experiences which is completely normal.

If you're committing too much time to a specific activity, maybe a break is in order while you recharge. I wish you the best and hope you can find out what is bothering you.