Chapter Discussion WGS title once again confirmed to be mainly ''SKILL'' based

To you world's strongest swordsman doesn't mean world's strongest swordsman
To you, world's strongest swordsman = the strongest among all swordsmen, meaning that Mihawk defeats all current swordsmen. For you, the title applies to who Mihawk can defeat.

To me, world's strongest swordsman (or most skilled swordsman) = the strongest swordsman, meaning that their swordsmanship is the strongest / greatest / most skilled, not that they necessarily defeat all swordsmen. For me, the title applies to what Mihawk can do purely with his swords.

Kaido is the world's strongest creature but he was cut by Oden. He was also defeated by Luffy. Oden and Luffy are not stronger creatures than Kaido as far as I know.

Fights are more complex than you are implying. Like I said previously, maybe Shanks can paralyze Mihawk (at least affect him with his haki) and defeat him, while remaining a weaker swordsman.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
To you, world's strongest swordsman = the strongest among all swordsmen, meaning that Mihawk defeats all current swordsmen. For you, the title applies to who Mihawk can defeat.

To me, world's strongest swordsman (or most skilled swordsman) = the strongest swordsman, meaning that their swordsmanship is the strongest / greatest / most skilled, not that they necessarily defeat all swordsmen. For me, the title applies to what Mihawk can do purely with his swords.

Kaido is the world's strongest creature but he was cut by Oden. He was also defeated by Luffy. Oden and Luffy are not stronger creatures than Kaido as far as I know.

Fights are more complex than you are implying. Like I said previously, maybe Shanks can paralyze Mihawk (at least affect him with his haki) and defeat him, while remaining a weaker swordsman.
No
To me the world strongest swordsman is self explanatory
It means the worlds strongest swordsman

The strongest of all swordsmen in the world.

Kaidos wsc is irrelevant it was just rumours he never had a wsc title

No

It’s really not that hard in Japanese the word Ken is in which means swordsmanship

Swordsmen get their strength through swordsmanship which is why he’s the strongest

No

All titles are rumors/reputation, including the glorious PK

WSS is the only legit title out of the 3 "strongest" titles, since the vivre card went out of it's way to clarify, "In name and reality". Other two chumps are just "in name".

Only the strongest has these skills, no haki used. :pepehawk:

It’s really not that hard in Japanese the word Ken is in which means swordsmanship

Swordsmen get their strength through swordsmanship which is why he’s the strongest
Yes the title is about the strength in swordsmanship (or skills), not strength against swordsmen.

The former could imply the latter but in the case of Mihawk vs Shanks, there isn't only swordsmanship to take into account when the rest of the series is telling us that Shanks has insane haki and was the only one to be mentioned in Kaido's top tier.

Like I said earlier, if Kaido suddenly became a sloppy ass swordsman, uses his sword like a club and defeated Mihawk with it, does he become WSS?

HA001

No the title is the same as wb

Wb isn't the most skillful man
Hes the strongest man

Mihawk is the strongest swordsman

Not the same at all mihawk title revolves around a weapon and not biology, Best swordsmanship makes you the strongest swordsmen
Mihawkstans will listen to anything but the truth. Even if you tell them 10 times that "although Mihawk may be stronger swordsman than Shanks, Mihawk's title doesn't confirm he's above Shanks and it's still very likely for Shanks to be stronger", they won't listen to you

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

That’s a really contrived definition, that strongest doesn’t imply he’s stronger than all swordsman? Was Whitebeard when rightfully justifying his title only the most skilled man who could still be beat by Linlin?

To me that definition doesn’t jive because you can’t be The World’s Strongest Swordsman and lose 6/10 times to any swordsman.

for the Kaido bits—IiRC he didn’t have his title at the time and it has always been addressed more so as hearsay within the universe. And Luffy did defeat him, alongside the 9 Red Scabbards, Law, Killer, Kidd, Zoro, Yamato, little bit of Momo…

It wasn’t a 1v1, Kaido took a gauntlet of foes

But Shanks isn’t Luffy’s end goal lol, Shanks ain’t the pirate king. Luffy’s journey ends when he’s the pirate king aka the freest man in the world, he won’t stop growing until then.

When Zoro fulfills his ambition he will stop growing.
Actually if Luffy surpass Shanks, is when he can become PK, Shanks is going to where? Get OP, right?.

HA001

Not the same at all mihawk title revolves around a weapon and not biology, Best swordsmanship makes you the strongest swordsmen
Mihawkstans will listen to anything but the truth. Even if you tell them 10 times that "although Mihawk may be stronger swordsman than Shanks, Mihawk's title doesn't confirm it and it's still very likely for Shanks to be stronger", they won't listen to you

世界最強の剣士 = Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi = World's strongest swordsman

世界最強の男 = Sekai Saikyō no Otoko = World's strongest man

Here we have Mihawks and Whitebeards title. It should be clearly visible that both titles are very similar to each other, in fact the only thing they differ in is the last part. 剣士 means swordsman while 男 means man.

Both titles are build up in the same pattern: The first part is what they are, in this case the World's strongest, that is the same in both titles. The second part is the more important part as it states what group the first part refers to: In case of Whitebeards title it refers to the group of man, while it in Mihawks title refers to the group of swordsman.

Mihawks title is world's STRONGEST

No where does it say most skillful swordsman

That’s a really contrived definition, that strongest doesn’t imply he’s stronger than all swordsman? Was Whitebeard when rightfully justifying his title only the most skilled man who could still be beat by Linlin?

To me that definition doesn’t jive because you can’t be The World’s Strongest Swordsman and lose 6/10 times to any swordsman.

for the Kaido bits—IiRC he didn’t have his title at the time and it has always been addressed more so as hearsay within the universe. And Luffy did defeat him, alongside the 9 Red Scabbards, Law, Killer, Kidd, Zoro, Yamato, little bit of Momo…

It wasn’t a 1v1, Kaido took a gauntlet of foes
If you are the strongest chess player, does it mean that you can defeat all chess players in combat fight?

It means you’re the best in the world and you’ll beat anyone else more often than lose to them.
Correct but not in combat fight, not in hand to hand fight.

Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman, his swordsmanship abilities are recognized worldwide and this title is legit.

This title might imply that he is above Shanks, I'm not denying this possibility.

HOWEVER, the same way being the strongest chess player doesn't make you the strongest in combat against all chess players, being the strongest swordsman doesn't make you the strongest in combat against all swordsmen either.

Zoro vs Law is the perfect example. Law beats Zoro in combat even if Zoro is a better swordsman than Law because of his devil fruit abilities.