What are the hardest cities to take in Kingdom ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Gyou for sure. It's the perfect city. Without even a single strong general stationed there it's impossible to siege it the traditional way.

Juuko is OP because of their generals, but the city itself is nothing special.

Kantan probably has superior defenses than Kanyou because Qin has Kankoku pass.

Gyou for sure. It's the perfect city. Without even a single strong general stationed there it's impossible to siege it the traditional way.
Callback:

- The respective strategies formulated by Shouheikun and Riboku, both carefully devised after a lot of planning, and where Riboku's one completely broke Shouheikun's in pieces.

And then...

"Could he be...intending to formulate a strategy right here on the spot!?..."

"Even I haven't heard of such a thing before...Ousen..."

"You really are one insane bastard after all, Ousen."

Holy fuck, one of Kingdom's hypest moments:steef:

Callback:

- The respective strategies formulated by Shouheikun and Riboku, both carefully devised after a lot of planning, and where Riboku's one completely broke Shouheikun's in pieces.

And then...

"Could he be...intending to formulate a strategy right here on the spot!?..."

"Even I haven't heard of such a thing before...Ousen..."

"You really are one insane bastard after all, Ousen."

Holy fuck, one of Kingdom's hypest moments:steef:
Those chapters were so fire man.

Only the city and the forces in it
Then based on the cities we've seen:

1st. Kantan pre-WZI. The Zhao King having the armies of Kantan stationed there, is making it near impossible to take the city. It is by default the most impregnable city we know of. It also was Riboku's base at the time due to being prime minister. So yea, nobody was doing jackshit to that city in a siege.

2nd. Seika, goes without saying. Zhao 3 level + Many high tier generals + Insanely powerful cavalry and infantry forces.

3rd. Juuko, 3 GG level generals + high tier general.

Those three cities would be the hardest to take so far as they were, based on just the ones we know of. So I won't comment on Chu/Qi/Wei/etc, since we have next to 0 info on their cities.

Issue with Gyou:

Gyou is very situational. It's a city that is very easy to starve out. You just need a long siege without any fighting and you can starve the city to death. The reason Ousen made his comments was due to the time constraints they were on, which would allow Riboku to come in and just hit them. But in an isolated scenario, Gyou is just an easy starve em out scenario.

Their citizens can't escape + their army only has 1 way to come out from + they have no connection to the outside to get any food even by secrecy.

Which is why I needed that clarification, it's the best tool for a conquest where you have time constraints, since the only way to take it down is starving which buys plenty of times for the nation's other forces to do things. But for just an isolated siege? Yea not really close to the best city in China.

Issue with Gyou:

Gyou is very situational. It's a city that is very easy to starve out.
Easy? Dawg, they had to take 9 completely separate cities to send their refugees there to even get the hour glass started lol. And even that took >10 days (+ spies to speed up the process). I'm pretty sure we are discussing sieges in an isolated scenario.

I guess they can get comfy enough to wait it out for several months in front of the city if you really want to push it (assuming the siege army has an infinite amount of supplies themselves...), but at that point it kinda already solidifies itself as being nigh impenetrable.

Easy? Dawg, they had to take 9 completely separate cities to send their refugees there to even get the hour glass started lol. And even that took >10 days (+ spies to speed up the process). I'm pretty sure we are discussing sieges in an isolated scenario.

I guess they can get comfy enough to wait it out for several months in front of the city if you really want to push it (assuming the siege army has an infinite amount of supplies themselves...), but at that point it kinda already solidifies itself as being nigh impenetrable.
10 cities population went in there food ran out in about half a month. That's roughly 5 months of food in there if we don't take into account anything else. While Gyou having no special army or garrison stationed there.

The army can literally chill outside with 0 fighting and starve out the city, while getting supplies themselves due to the river being nearby thus easy transportation. The outside army has 0 issues for the supply line, only Gyou does. And Gyou has literally no way of fighting back. On top of that even if the outside army has no supplies they're still capable of scouring food from the fields and such, with a giant ass river right next to them for fishing. You get the point, it's a easy win that simply requires long time.

But we're not discussing whether it's impenetrable to an attack, we're discussing the hardest cities to take. You don't need to attack to take a city, you can starve a city out and take it.

Where as with Kantan, you have ZERO chances of taking it, unless you bring an army of hundreds of thousands. And if you don't, they will fuck you up. They also have the ability to ride out to open field battle. They also have the ability to sneak out in the guise of night time. They also have the ability to make strategical escape. And even if you do manage to take it with hundreds of thousands you're army is going to be crippled as hell.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I don’t have the panel, but Ousen described Gyou as “the perfect city that will not fall to attack.”

And I’m sure that applies to other cities in China as well. Just getting to lay eyes on Kantan has been a damn 6 year labor at this point. Lol