Questions & Mysteries What are your opinions on the performance of Hawkins, Drake and Apoo as members of the Worst Generation?

Hawkins had a little character growth but it makes the killer and hawkins fight weirder. I really liked drake this arc, he was an interesting character. Apoo was ok, my only problem is him getting away with everything he's done. Killer and kidd should have killed him for his betrayal.

Hawkins

I liked him a lot actually. Strong, cool power, good fight for Killer, decent ending if he’s actually dead

Drake

Mixed bag. Captain of SWORD but he was embarrassed by everyone the entire arc. I’d say I’m closer to neutral when it comes to Drake rn

Apoo

I fuckin love him. Great power with a good counter, very fun character, backstabber (he’s a pirate come on), and he’s the reason Kid and Killer are in Wano. They should’ve killed him for that (like kratoss said) but outside of that I think he was great

I can't comment on Drake's performance because I haven't seen anything of him other than defeating one of the Numbers from behind. Hawkins was absolutely ridiculous and all his actions make no sense to me. I was a little surprised at least by Apoo because he could take quite a bit of damage. He was also able to force Luffy, Zoro and Kid to flee and was able to defend against Zoro and Drake at the same time for a short time. But what I'm wondering is: where are the crews of these three men?

Hawkins just suck at everything.

Drake is powerful enough but until now I'm not sure about his story. Don't know if he is a pirate or marine. I guess he is a marine so he no longer fits as Worst Gen.

Apoo is the beast. True pirate.

Hawkins-
Power wise he’s a headliner. He didn’t show anything greater than that

Character wise his choice to die rather than ask kid for help was his Saving grace.

Contribution wise, story can take him out and wouldn’t change at all.

Drake -
Power wise he’s a Tobi Roppo. He seemed to be the weakest of them too so not great.

Character wise it was awful. His entire character was him jumping alliances and getting his ass kicked…

Contribution wise, unless the sword has a pay off he was also pointless.

Apoo -
Power wise he tanked attacks from Zoro then stalemated Drake. So the strongest of the three mentioned

Character wise he was consistent. He was a rat through and through and survived because of it.

Contribution wise, he’s the only one of the three who felt like his presence mattered.

Character-wise, I liked all three but kinda wish we got more from Drake (who Oda spoke more on in an SBS rather than the story for some reason) and Hawkins. Apoo was fine.

Apoo's pretty simple so I think he excelled in what he was meant to be. An opportunitst who's willing to swap sides and bail at the drop of a hat when he feels it's convenient.

The end with Hawkins definitely wrapped up his story nicely with him choosing to stick with his decision and fight knowing he'll probably die rather than begging for forgiveness from those who faced a similar fate as him.

Drake being a Sword Captain and colleagues with Coby atleast paves the way for Oda to do more with him. As is, Drake was fine as a character, he was with the Marines all along and when he was exposed, he swapped over to Luffy's sides. Facing CP-0 was fine but then he didn't defeat any of them. I still liked his moment of continuing to go after Bowler Hat no matter what and declaring that that was his form of justice (I suppose following through with what he wants to do even at the cost of his life, hopefully he clarifies in the future, in contrast to Bowler Hat dying at his boss' requests).

Performance, strength-wise, Apoo excelled since he was never meant to be a Rooftop Supernova so him surviving the war and landing big attacks on formidable alliance members was more than enough.

Hawkins was alright early on (against Zoro and Law) but he was underwhelming in the fight against Killer. Oda could've showcased the variety of the cards he can draw then have Killer absolutely dominate but he relied too much on the hostage thing which is a shame for a dude with some pretty cool abilities.

Drake disappointed, he wasn't really weak but he got no important wins aside from one-shotting a Number. Pressuring Apoo and figuring out his powers was alright but then he didn't finish things and diverted his attention to CP-0 and lost twice (he stabbed the dude straight through and still lost, it's just a shame).

I think all three contributed well to the story, with them contrasting with Luffy, Kid, Law, Zoro and Killer. Not all of the Worst Generation will be great legends despite all of them being notorious upstarts. This arc showed the difference between the ones on the rooftop and the secret Marine, the man bound by fate and the opportunist not really fighting for anything important

Drake unfortunately found himself in front of the Main Character's plot device, he didnt have any chance to do his normal role (which was to defeat the leader of CP0 as his counterpart of the Sword faction).

Hawkins was totally wasted and his decisions made no sense to me. He never showed any pride, he was a rational person.

Apoo: GOAT. The Bege of this arc.

At first I was annoyed Apoo got off scott free but I think it kinda fits with Usopp's speech to Kinemon and Kiku about how sacrificing your life for the sake of honor is stupid, Hawkins had honor and ended up mortally wounded, while Apoo only cared about surviving and ended up in a better position than before

Drake kinda bored me at first, I wished he had interacted more with Luffy to parallel Garp and Roger teaming up against Rocks, but I ended up really liking his interactions/parallels with the CP0 agent

But what I'm wondering is: where are the crews of these three men?
I agree with this it sbeen bugging me for a while. Hawkins crew is just leaving him to bleed out don't they have a doctor or something? Also I remember Hawkins had a cat mink on his crew, it would be nice to expand on that, maybe have him use sulong or fight Bepo idk

Also I wish they would explain wether or not Drake's crew are also marines or if they're random pirates Drake picked up as part of his cover story

Hawkins is disappointing, I excepted him to be a black beard type vilain who plans ahead and uses his OP powers smartly, he turned out to be an cocky guy who doesn't have the balls to admit his mistakes, and he was useless to his own side during this arc, he could be removed from the arc and nothing would change

Drake, disappointing power wise, but he's an interesting character

Apoo, was surprisingly decent, he's smart, gets shit done no matter what, and is unexpectedly strong, his durability and endurance are consistent, and his powers and haki are pretty good, he's the best out of the three, he's exactly how a pirate should be

Hawkins crew is just leaving him to bleed out don't they have a doctor or something? Also I remember Hawkins had a cat mink on his crew, it would be nice to expand on that, maybe have him use sulong or fight Bepo idk
It would have been interesting to see if Faust (the cat mink) had any inner conflict fighting his own people. It's also odd that Apoo worked with the Numbers but never with his crew. It's hard for me to imagine that Oda simply forgot about their crews.