What are your thoughts on on Asa Mitaka and Yoru?

Yoru is more interesting because we know less about her and her objectives. I think Asa is a nice change of pace from Denji, but overall a step down in MC imo.
Initially, I thought Asa was wholly inferior to Denji as well, but her interactions with Denji so far are gold and certainly made her much more likable. I feel like if her character growth is written correctly the way Denji's character growth was, we could have the best Shounen female MC in ages.

Yoru is more interesting for now because of who she is, but Asa might catch up to her if she is not careful.

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
I feel like if her character growth is written correctly the way Denji's character growth was, we could have the best Shounen female MC in ages.
I agree with this. The intention behind my post wasn't to criticize Asa, but more of a comment on the high standard set by Denji as a unique MC. As for best Shonen female, it's definitely possible. But as a Jolyne simp it's gonna be hard to convince me :catblush:
Post automatically merged:

What the hell is this set?

Initially, I thought Asa was wholly inferior to Denji as well, but her interactions with Denji so far are gold and certainly made her much more likable. I feel like if her character growth is written correctly the way Denji's character growth was, we could have the best Shounen female MC in ages.

Yoru is more interesting for now because of who she is, but Asa might catch up to her if she is not careful.
I like Asa, but if we're talking female shonen MCs I'm still gonna have to say that Maka clears

grown stale over time. I actually liked her over denji when pt2 started
Yeah same.
I think part of why I found her interesting early on was how big of a part guilt played in her character. But it feels like that whole aspect of her character was kinda dropped.