Character Discussion What are your thoughts on Robin vs Black Maria?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Oddly enough, thought it was decent. I liked the preamble that included Brook and how strong Maria seemed to be. My only complaint is the ending. I wish there was more of a back and forth struggle before Maria was defeated. I despise one sided stomps for big battles like this. So, like with most Tobi Roppo fights, 1 more chapter would've been appreciated to fully flesh the fight out.

Better then Sasaki vs Franky and WsW vs Jinbe. Could it be better? Yeah, was it still great? Yes it had great moments and new skills of Robin who where dope asf. I was only kinda Didappointed from BM as fighter overall. The problem overall with the 3 flying six members,none of them had their own "personal" special attack, Oda did this better in Dressrosa when Gladius,Diamante and the others show their special skill while the Tobi Roppo actually not had really something unique as a special attack.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Yeah this is by far the best TR fight. The chapter wasn't only 1 chapter, the callback of Robin's loved ones at the beginning was good. Really emphasizes Robin's character for her not taking Black Maria's bait. A mix of Brook's comedy and teamwork. Techniques showcase was decent. The only thing that's lacking is the lores but no one ain't giving a shit about that. And unlike Jinbei vs WsW and Franky vs Sasaki, Robin vs Black Maria was actually a extreme diff fight in favor of Robin due to her passing out and getting carried by Brook afterwards. Now that's the kind of fight that I want to see.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Just thought it was weird for Robin to let her giant clone take a beating that would hurt her, when she could have dismissed it before.
Aside from that, that's what I expect from a Robin fight.
Stalling, then win through clutching.
I'm just happy she got one fight for her. Well deserved, especially after she managed to immobilize a beast like Hakuba in Dressrosa.

Thankful that we got that much at least

Surely want more, but it’s obvious Oda is heavily counting on Toei recently to extend fights… or even bridge gaps missing in manga…

it became very obvious…

so generally satisfied…

I’m not satisfied with what Nami or Usopp are contributing with this fight though… and I truly would hate it if Oda will just give credit of beating Ulti and Pageone to Usopp who literally didn’t do shit

in terms of SH fights… I am mostly disappointed at Usopp and Nami role in this arc… With Chopper, he at least held Queen for 10 minutes… and he had big role in treating ice oni poison from queen which started a pandemic!

Nami / Usopp deserved better than having Big Mom do the job for them in beating P1 and Ulti

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Thankful that we got that much at least

Surely want more, but it’s obvious Oda is heavily counting on Toei recently to extend fights… or even bridge gaps missing in manga…

it became very obvious…

so generally satisfied…

I’m not satisfied with what Nami or Usopp are contributing with this fight though… and I truly would hate it if Oda will just give credit of beating Ulti and Pageone to Usopp who literally didn’t do shit

in terms of SH fights… I am mostly disappointed at Usopp and Nami role in this arc… With Chopper, he at least held Queen for 10 minutes… and he had big role in treating ice oni poison from queen which started a pandemic!

Nami / Usopp deserved better than having Big Mom do the job for them in beating P1 and Ulti
If Oda decides that "it would be really funny" if Usopp got the bounty increase for Page One and/or Ulti just because of that CoC gag, I'm gonna start hating Usopp. Not even kidding.

If Oda decides that "it would be really funny" if Usopp got the bounty increase for Page One and/or Ulti just because of that CoC gag, I'm gonna start hating Usopp. Not even kidding.
It’s really looking like that’s the direction this will take!

I think it was funny and good in Dressrosa arc.. well done with god Usopp stuff

but this gag should not feel forced… where it becomes a habit for every arc…

It was a good fight but it's a shame Robin arguably did unlock no haki in the process. I would have loved if the right moment had ultimately come so that she could unleash her armament haki but Oda deemed it as likely too soon I guess.

As a huge Robin fan, I loved it. It was much needed since Robin hasnt done much post time skip. She showed she can hold her own against strong characters.