Character Discussion What are your thoughts on Robin vs Black Maria?

not bad but feel rushed n at point above black maria is a spider so venom attack is possible
all of this F6 fight feel rushed ..... but gonna reread if i have time maybe binger read will change my mind

I think it was one of the best non-luffy fights in the manga actually.
My only complaint is at the end if that was just shading and not armament haki ... i won't forgive Oda.

Overall great fight (8/10), the best Tobi Roppo fight and the only one I'm fine with the length of it, also I consider this fight more like, Robin (assisted by Brook) vs Black Maria (assisted by her minions).
Best elements of the fight:
- Solid choreography and cool variate of abilities
- Good strategies involved
- Robin's character development and flashback training
- Great narrative about trust, about relying on others and about being relied upon.
- Demonio Fleur 🔥🔥🔥

It was a good fight. Robin deserved a 1v1 after more than a decade of being sidelined.

Cool aspects of the fight:
- Emotional weight: seeing Saul, Professor Clover and Olvia; being called a burden to her friends;
- Scenario: it just looked so cool to see the whole room engulfed in flames with these two giant multi-limbed females going at it lmao;
- Power up: Even though I don't exactly understand how Demonio Fleur works, it looked amazing aesthetically speaking, and it was also nice to see Sabo and Koala in the flashback;

It was also interesting to see Robin using Fishman Karate. Maybe Jinbei could teach her new moves later on, because I feel like Robin's DF has so much more potential than just slapping and strangling people.

I feel like many more things could have happen during there fight , like more of a struggle between both like a thug of war, making it a very excreme diff fight but other than that it was a awesome fight but u know the anime will fill in those few blinks nicely
Post automatically merged:

I think it was one of the best non-luffy fights in the manga actually.
My only complaint is at the end if that was just shading and not armament haki ... i won't forgive Oda.
Maybe next arc oda will focus on them having coa Harding or just basic coa or maybe coo

Last edited:
I thought it was a good fight and certainly had a nice emotional tone as well, but I sort of wish it was a bit longer though.

That aside, Black Maria impressed me a lot on just the variety of moves / attacks as far as the Tobi Roppo are concerned. I enjoyed it the most of all the Tobi Roppo fights.

Robin shows she knows Fishman karate.

Ultimately just makes a bigger version of herself to use the same clutch move that's used on fodder.

Black Maria was essentially one shot.

I know Robin can't take that many hits but damn, that "struggle" wasn't even... *sigh*

Like all the tobi roppo fights it was disappointing & its a shame Usopp & Brook got shafted for Nami & Robin to get some shine which wasn't even all that good.

I'm glad Robin got some action, but for the strawhats first real fight post timeskip, it needed more work.

Her Demonio Fleur looks dope, although honestly I still want her to perform haki. Robin’s DF is effective but the only weakness is that she can be injured if her sprouted limbs are being attacked. She should at least have CoA as defense mechanism

Her Demonio Fleur looks dope, although honestly I still want her to perform haki. Robin’s DF is effective but the only weakness is that she can be injured if her sprouted limbs are being attacked. She should at least have CoA as defense mechanism
Yeah not performing haki (presumably) was my biggest disappointment since I hoped all SHs would attain the bases by this stage but Oda apparently deems it yet not the moment.

I'm fairly confident every SH will be able to use the basics of CoA and CoO by the time they match the BB Pirates I imagine regardless.