Questions & Mysteries What did Luffy and Roger say?

In Chapter 585, Luffy tells Ace and Sabo a goal that the audience doesn’t get to hear. They’re both stunned, then amused.

In Chapter 966, Roger also says his goal to Oden and Whitebeard, who have a similar reaction.

In Chapter 1000, Ace lets it slip to Yamato, who is moved to tears because Roger was recorded saying the same thing in Oden’s journal.

What do you think they said?

Basically knowing Luffy. It's likely it was about it.
We know for a fact it isn't this.
Post automatically merged:

Because Roger was called the pirate king by the papers. He never actually called himself that or wanted to be "pirate king" before finding the one piece. When they called him pirate king he was just like "pirate king huh? That's got a nice sound to it."

This means whatever his dream is, it's not pirate king, because Luffy and Roger said the same thing
Post automatically merged:

I think it's something like "I want to set the whole world free to follow their dreams"

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
In Chapter 585, Luffy tells Ace and Sabo a goal that the audience doesn’t get to hear. They’re both stunned, then amused.

In Chapter 966, Roger also says his goal to Oden and Whitebeard, who have a similar reaction.

In Chapter 1000, Ace lets it slip to Yamato, who is moved to tears because Roger was recorded saying the same thing in Oden’s journal.

What do you think they said?
I think that if the audience didn't get to hear it it might be special on a serious note.

It would be too simplistic if it was just about Pirate Kingship. It might have been about freedom more broadly.

That's something Luffy mentioned often. Not so sure about freeing others however, Luffy did never spell something like that. It might have been about freedom more broadly. And so for the others I bet.