Questions & Mysteries What did you expect of an Adult Konohamaru at first. What do hope for him now ?

Konohamaru was annoying brat following Naruto around.
Then Konohamaru was an annoying brat talented enough to master Rasengan and then to defeat a Pain with it.

Now Konohamaru is 27 years old. He is both a Jōnin and the leader of Team 7 : Boruto, Sarada and Mitsuki.
Judging from both animes and Manga :
He masters Two Powerful variant of the Rasengan : The Big Ball Rasengan and one seeming like a Wind Blast.
He masters at least one Powerful Sealing from the Sarutobi clan.
He can summon the Nin-Frogs.
He can use some Fire jutsus.

His general level seems to vary conveniently for the plot. At least in the Anime. I like him in the Manga even if he seems like he is now irrelevant ( maybe that he will shine against a Kara member or other relevant oponents later ? ).

🌴🗿🌴🗿🌴🗿🌴🗿🌴🗿🌴🗿🌴
Post automatically merged:

At first, I expected him to develop an original style of fighting with original jutsus while keeping some of the jutsus from his clan and from Naruto.

I thought he would be between an Asuma and a Kakashi in term of general level. A good, a very good jōnin but not a genius. With the potential of keeping progressing thanks to a large reserve of Chaka until becoming comparable at an Hokage at the age of 41.

More precisely :

A. Configuration.

Bō ( wood stick ), with Bō ninjutsus,
Completed by :
Fire jutsus, Rasengans, Monkey Summoning / Frogs Summoning
Post automatically merged:

B. Configuration.

Full Fire style :
Oil jutsus, Fire jutsus, Wind jutsus, Frogs Summoning
Completed by :
Asuma Chakra Blades

C. Configuration.

Full Sealings jutsu :
Seals jutsus, Taijutsu, Monkey Summoning
Supported by :
Fire Jutsus, Asuma Chakra Blades

Last edited:
N

NeutralWatcher

I hope him to be similar to Kakashi since he is teacher of Boruto, Sarada and Mitsuki and also grandchild of God of Shinobi Hiruzen but he is a disappointment so far.

I also stopped watching Boruto when Konohamaru lost to Jugo

I hope him to be similar to Kakashi since he is teacher of Boruto, Sarada and Mitsuki and also grandchild of God of Shinobi Hiruzen but he is a disappointment so far.

I also stopped watching Boruto when Konohamaru lost to Jugo
Aye, that was a pretty bad moment for him :’) I understand the point is to have the youngsters do it, but it made him look so bad.

He will never be like the Copy ninja :smithnie:

N

NeutralWatcher

Aye, that was a pretty bad moment for him :’) I understand the point is to have the youngsters do it, but it made him look so bad.

He will never be like the Copy ninja :smithnie:
Konohamaru started good. He defeated Naraka Path which was a good feat for a kid his age but later in Boruto he hasn't gotten any major victory. Kakashi first victory was against Zabuza one of 7 Seven Ninja Swordman of the Mist which cement Kakashi as 1 of the best Jounin of Konoha. I think Konohamaru will end up like Asuma but I prefer he reaches Kage level EOS.

Have not kept up with Baruto, bt Kono in Baruto was disappointment.

Learning Rasengan at such age, destroying one Pain body and making Temari fight him serious, he was lot impressive as a child. Not as much as Kakaishi and certainly not Itachii, bt being Naruto student i expected him to be one of the Best Jonins right nw, bt what Baruto Manga did with him was straight humiliating, it is focused lot more on Baruto n his friends, i understand Konohamaru had to be compromised for em to shine, bt for him to still have bt only Rasengan, i dont like how the author did him. The Copy Ninja was such a cool character in Naruto since start, compared to him he feels like a Joke as a Jonin.

I think i read the Manga upto where they find that strange Kid and they bring him back to Konoha, maybe a few chapters after that.

The Copy Ninja was such a cool character in Naruto since start, compared to him he feels like a Joke as a Jonin.
But, dear Yo Tan Wa, compared to Kakashi, most shinobi are kinda a joke ~

I think he was one of the rare characters Kishi managed to maintain cool until the end, supporting his young crazy strong pupils but not completely overshadowed at all. Many others just became ridiculous after a while instead of stronger/better.

That being said, Konohamaru in my opinion undeservedly had all that "talent" in the first place. Like... What was the purpose of that even? Naruto struggled so badly to master his FATHER'S jutsu, enter Konohamaru who learns it overnight far younger. It cheapened both Naruto's effort and the exclusivity of the jutsu.

He is definitely strong and I think has masterd 3 chakra releases. I hoped we would see more from him but screen time is limited and he hadn't the opportunity to show his full power and that is a bit sad. they still basicaly let sasuke and naruto do all the heavy stuff

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I haven't bothered with Boruto, so I don't know what he's capable there. As a Genin, he was capable of defeating a Path of Pain all by himself. Since he plans on being the next Hokage after Naruto, I expect him to be at least as capable as his grandfather.

I expected a man that would be around Jiraiya's level so he could at least put up a fight against Naruto (no Kurama chakra)

I'm disappointed - he's still exceptionally powerful - probably goes toe to toe with Kakashi (pre-skip), Darui (pre war) etc. but since he's so young he can still develop into a beast. Only in exceptional cases (Naruto, Itachi, Sasuke, Nagato) do people reach their peak early - it seemed to me most shinobi reached their peaks in their early 40s/late 30s - and at that age they tend to put their 20something selves to shame (just comparing young-adult Sannin to what we saw them do in real time)

I still hope for him to become the next hokage