General & Others What do you guys think off the Native Genocide tournament as a concept

Do you like the concept

• Total voters

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
I'm neutral. It already reinforces the fandom's collective hatred for the Celestial Dragons, which is probably what Oda was intending for. At the same time, it's also pretty unnecessary. Would have preferred if God Valley was some vacation resort instead or even the Emerald city.

Also there's another problem with the concept because there's only so many islands unaffiliated with the WG that have a sizeable population to choose from. What happens when that's exhausted? How long has the competition been going for? Did they stop doing it after God Valley Incident?

:kayneshrug:

Also there's another problem with the concept because there's only so many islands unaffiliated with the WG that have a sizeable population to choose from. What happens when that's exhausted? How long has the competition been going for? Did they stop doing it after God Valley Incident?

:kayneshrug:
Only 170 major islands are associated with the WG and these islands have large population e.g. compare Fishmen Island’s 5 million population and Alabasta’s 10 million population to God Valley’s measly population of 100k. There are over 20 million islands in the one piece world according Marco I’m sure the WG could find something in 3 years.

Last edited:
I like the idea of it cause I wondered how they got the seemingly endless amounts of resources they would need to fund the World Government and let the CDs throw hundreds of million of yen’s away for no reason.

I also like that it does give the WG a good way to destroy nations that may have access to history that the WG wants to hide while keeping the intent of it hidden.

It adds to the story tremendously. By showcasing the Celestial Dragons hunting humans for sport, it really hammers home the fact that they view everyone who isn't a Celestial Dragon as an insignificant ant.

It's one thing for Oda to constantly have the Celestial Dragons talk down on the human race, and another thing entirely to show just how little they perceive them as a race by having them actually treat them as game animals, and hunt them down in competition.

Well the fact that there's a genocide tournament rape child murder and torture and Luffy is to dumb to understand it and so uncaring that he'll never mention it just make me feel detached from it