Theory What Eustass Kidd stole from Big Mom's territory

I believe that I may have an idea on what Kidd stole from Big Moms territory and it will almost certainly be revealed in his upcoming fight against Big Mom.

To start, as most of you know Eustass Kidd is based off of two real pirates. Those two being, "Eustace the Monk" and the famous pirate captain William Kidd. Now here is what is interesting. The real life pirate William Kidd had a father who was also a pirate. He was known as Captain John Kidd. I'm sure some of you know where this is going because this part of the theory isn't anything new, but there is also of course a character named Captain John in One Piece.

I believe that Captain John is in fact Eustass Kidd's father. But what are the main important things we know about Captain John from One Piece?

1. He was a member of the Rocks Pirates

2. His epithet, just like Kidd's, is "Captain". Captain John, Captain Kidd. I honestly don't think its a coincidence that these guys have the same epithet while also being inspired off of a real life father and son pair.

3. He is notable for collecting many treasures and riches. His cave of treasures is also what Buggy was looking for. Also that Luffy had one of Captain Johns treasures which was the bracelet that he wore after Thriller Bark that he ended up giving to Buggy.

Also I think its kind of funny how Luffy might have been wearing one of Kidd's fathers treasure right in front of him lol

But back on topic, since we know that Captain John was a member of the Rocks Pirate. Big Mom, who was also a member of the Rocks Pirates, would obviously know who he is. I think that if Kidd's dad actually is Captain John this will add a new dynamic/layer to his battle with her. Especially because the other connection that Kidd has with Big Mom is that he at some point invaded her territory to "take something back" from her. What if what Kidd came to take wasn't a poneglyph but instead one of his fathers long lost treasures that maybe he knew about since his childhood? I believe that after Captain Johns death, Big Mom probably took something important that Captain John viewed as a treasure. And I think this is what Kidd went to take back from her territory.

If Kidd actually is the son of Captain John I believe it will be revealed in his upcoming interactions with Big Mom and I think what Kidd stole from her territory was one of his fathers lost treasure that maybe he was told about as a child. It could be a weapon, a map, or even something as simple as riches who knows? (I do believe it will be pretty significant though). Big Mom took something important from her dead former crew mate. This would also fit around the whole "Rocks Pirates theme" that Wano seems to be centered around. And it will also give a bit of a teaser/preview of Kidds backstory. (Which we will definitely get at some point after Wano.)

Thoughts?

@rerere @Pantheos @Legendaryconquer#1 @Lukegranders

Last edited:
I believe that I may have an idea on what Kidd stole from Big Moms territory and it will almost certainly be revealed in his upcoming fight against Big Mom.

To start, as most of you know Eustass Kidd is based off of two real pirates. Those two being, "Eustace the Monk" and the famous pirate captain William Kidd. Now here is what is interesting. The real life pirate William Kidd had a father who was also a pirate. He was known as Captain John Kidd. I'm sure some of you know where this is going because this part of the theory isn't anything new, but there is also of course a character named Captain John in One Piece.

I believe that Captain John is in fact Eustass Kidd's father. But what are the main important things we know about Captain John from One Piece?

2. His epithet, just like Kidd's, is "Captain". Captain John, Captain Kidd. I honestly don't think its a coincidence that these guys have the same epithet while also being inspired off of a real life father and son pair.

3. He is notable for collecting many treasures and riches. His cave of treasures is also what Buggy was looking for. Also that Luffy had one of Captain Johns treasures which was the bracelet that he wore after Thriller Bark that he ended up giving to Buggy.

Also I think its kind of funny how Luffy might have been wearing one of Kidd's fathers treasure right in front of him lol

But back on topic, since we know that Captain John was a member of the Rocks Pirate. Big Mom, who was also a member of the Rocks Pirates, would obviously know who he is. I think that if Kidd's dad actually is Captain John this will add a new dynamic/layer to his battle with her. Especially because the other connection that Kidd has with Big Mom is that he at some point invaded her territory to "take something back" from her. What if what Kidd came to take wasn't a poneglyph but instead one of his fathers long lost treasures that maybe he knew about since his childhood? I believe that after Captain Johns death, Big Mom probably took something important that Captain John viewed as a treasure. And I think this is what Kidd went to take back from her territory.

If Kidd actually is the son of Captain John I believe it will be revealed in his upcoming interactions with Big Mom and I think what Kidd stole from her territory was one of his fathers lost treasure that maybe he was told about as a child. It could be a weapon, a map, or even something as simple as riches who knows? (I do believe it will be pretty significant though). Big Mom took something important from her dead former crew mate. This would also fit around the whole "Rocks Pirates theme" that Wano seems to be centered around. And it will also give a bit of a teaser/preview of Kidds backstory. (Which we will definitely get at some point after Wano.)

Thoughts?

Fire theory

I've always invest in this theory to be honest. We saw the corpse of Captain John (the red circled one) back in Thriller Bark.

Both have their own crucifixion torture methods, sociopathic minds, same last name and epithets, etc.

Full theory by @letsgomina down here:
https://www.opfanpage.com/2020/05/1...on-of-a-former-member-of-the-rocks-pirates-2/

Hopefully we get a flashback of Kidd and Killer someday. And for the thing that Kidd stole from Big Mom, I still put my money on a Poneglyph and managed to injured a Sweet Commander which I think is Smoothie because we've never see her covered eye and hence why she is considered useless because she is half-blinded. But a important treasure from John is cool too.

I think Captain John's too old to be Kidd's father but Kidd is definitely connected or related to him in some way.

John was killed by his crew for being greedy while Kidd has a close relationship to his crewmates. Could fit with the theme of children being different from their parents.
Another interesting thing to note that I’ve seen before that, might play into Kidd’s backstory is where he was born and at what time he was born.

Kidd was born in the South Blue and he is 23 years old. Roger was executed 24 years ago. Guess what happened during that time in South Blue? The “witch hunt” for any pregnant women because of the fear of Rogers son.

Would not be surprised if Kidds mother secretly birthed him was murdered by the WG during this time. Leaving Kidd as an orphan.

Could be a part of his fucked up past and play a part in why he hates the WG/World Nobles.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Another interesting thing to note that might play into Kidd’s backstory is where he was born and at what time he was born.

Kidd was born in the South Blue and he is 23 years old. Roger was executed 24 years ago. Guess what happened during that time in South Blue? The “witch hunt” for any pregnant women because of the fear of Rogers son.

Would not be surprised if Kidds mother secretly birthed him was murdered by the WG during this time. Leaving Kidd as an orphan.

Could be a part of his fucked up past and play a part in why he hates the WG/World Nobles.
Good point! I wonder what Kidd thinks about Roger then. He didn't seem hostile to Rayleigh back in Saboady.

I've always invest in this theory to be honest. We saw the corpse of Captain John (the red circled one) back in Thriller Bark.

Both have their own crucifixion torture methods, sociopathic minds, same last name and epithets, etc.

Full theory by @letsgomina down here:
https://www.opfanpage.com/2020/05/1...on-of-a-former-member-of-the-rocks-pirates-2/

Hopefully we get a flashback of Kidd and Killer someday. And for the thing that Kidd stole from Big Mom, I still put my money on a Poneglyph and managed to injured a Sweet Commander which I think is Smoothie because we've never see her covered eye and hence why she is considered useless because she is half-blinded. But a important treasure from John is cool too.
Captain John kind of reminds me of Dr. Kureha lol

Good point! I wonder what Kidd thinks about Roger then. He didn't seem hostile to Rayleigh back in Saboady.
Well, we know Kidd wants to find One Piece so thats pretty much all we got when it comes to how he feels about Roger lol. I would imagine that he admired Roger just hates the WG.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I like this idea, specially since I expect the stolen item will be mentioned in the fight.

And I don’t see much contradicting this, it just makes sense.

Not a theory, just a wild funny idea: imagine kid would be son of Captain John and Big Mum.:usoprice:

Big Mom's only 23 year old child. She kind of looks like a combination of Killer and Perona.

Thoughts?

The same epithet "Captain" screams some kind of correlation between the two.
And Kidd heading to WCI to get some revenge for his father is a good possibility, that would open a "personal" scenario against Linlin.
Damn I'm thinking about the possible dialogues now...
Also it's useless to say that this hella fits with the 'Rocks theme' recently introduced in the arc... I'm really looking forward to it.

Another interesting thing to note that I’ve seen before that, might play into Kidd’s backstory is where he was born and at what time he was born.

THIS is what really blowed my mind, Reggie. I never thought about it and shit it makes a lot of sense.
I forgot that Rouge was from South Blue and never noticed how the tempistics fit together...
If you think about it, Ace got a lot of callbacks during this arc (like Rocks Pirates), so what if he'll be brought again but from Kidd's POV?
At the end of the day, Portgas D. Ace could've been the reason to become strong and a beloved brother for Luffy while being the reason for which Kidd lost everything since his childhood...
Would be another opposition between Luffy and Kidd characters
:bamathink:

Damn I'm thinking about the possible dialogues now...
I can imagine Kidd revealing that he stole his fathers treasure back and then Big Mom going like, “So your Johns little brat huh?” This Kidd vs Big Mom conflict could very well run deeper than we had first thought. It all depends on if Captain John is actually Kidds father. If he is, I can almost guarantee Oda will use what Kidd stole as a way to segue into the reveal.

THIS is what really blowed my mind, Reggie. I never thought about it and shit it makes a lot of sense.
I forgot that Rouge was from South Blue and never noticed how the tempistics fit together...
If you think about it, Ace got a lot of callbacks during this arc (like Rocks Pirates), so what if he'll be brought again but from Kidd's POV?
At the end of the day, Portgas D. Ace could've been the reason to become strong and a beloved brother for Luffy while being the reason for which Kidd lost everything since his childhood...
Would be another opposition between Luffy and Kidd characters
:bamathink:
I really wonder how Kidd felt during Ace’s execution in Marineford. Must have had some complicated feelings. These people like Shanks and Ace that symbolize such great things for Luffy symbolize something completely different when it comes to Kidd. To me, there’s no way Luffy and Kidd do not have conflict at some point in the story.

Man Kidd is gonna have a truly heart breaking backstory. I can just feel it lol.

I can imagine Kidd revealing that he stole his fathers treasure back and then Big Mom going like, “So your Johns little brat huh?” This Kidd vs Big Mom conflict could very well run deeper than we had first thought. It all depends on if Captain John is actually Kidds father. If he is, I can almost guarantee Oda will use what Kidd stole as a way to segue into the reveal.
Agree, if that's the case then we gonna see it soon. Reach Linlin's position, Captain :catsweat:

I really wonder how Kidd felt during Ace’s execution in Marineford. Must have had some complicated feelings. These people like Shanks and Ace that symbolize such great things for Luffy symbolize something completely different when it comes to Kidd. To me, there’s no way Luffy and Kidd do not have conflict at some point in the story.

Man Kidd is gonna have a truly heart breaking backstory. I can just feel it lol.
Kidd surely gonna have a tragic backstory.
When it comes to Marineford, these are the panels in which he appears are these 2:
The 2nd, especially, has always been an interesting monologue to me, but also enigmatic... I would not be surprised if Oda dropped a hint here and none of us (or at least the majority) catched it

@rerere @Pantheos @Lukegranders

If my theory is true, it would also explain why Kidd decided to invade her territory so early into his New World journey. It’s pretty much implied looking at the time line (such as when Capone joined their crew) and the order that Brûlée listed the Supernova, that Kidd was the first of the 4 to invade. If Kidd had already known about his fathers treasure and knew that Big Mom had it, of course the first thing he would try to do upon entering the New World would be invading her territory to take that shit back lol.

Not entirely sure, what it was that he took, but seems like was searching for a specific thing. He did mention that was his only goal. And BM too did not really chase after him at all it seems. At least, doesn't seem to care much about what he took. So from BMPs perspective, it may not as important as it is for Kid. So it could be something of a personal thing. He did destroy two ships...which can be proof that he might be searching for that item.