Speculations What happened to Gecko Moria?

Moria is a bit of an unicum in One piece. He got mistreated by Oda big time, he even beats captain Kidd.

His intro arc was normal: bad guy who in the end loses but already at that time he gets the "loser" tag since he lost to Kaido, lost all his crew, and lost his will to fight converting in a pear with a zombie fake crew to try to fulfill his impossible dream to have revenge on Kaido. He is already tragic.

In Marineford he got discarded like trash by the WG for being too weak.

At that point I hoped for him to come back from the timeskip ripped and bloodthirsty, but Oda continued with the tragic story: Absalom disappears, Moria is lured to Beehive island, there he discovers his crewmate is dead and now he has no choice bar to obey the man who killed him.

This imo has to lead to something, he is too different in this way from the other characters and for sure Oda will do something particular with him.

J

Joygirl1

I think Blackbeard killed Moria and took the fruit for himself. Another such dark fruit as the shadow fruit is would perfectly fit to him and his darkness fruit. Shadow + darkness seems like a matching combination (and no, I haven´t forgotten about the tremor fruit that can cause earthquakes either).