General & Others What has been your Biggest Takeaway from One Piece?

Oda is the biggest teaser on the planet. You can be as stupid as you like in the op world as long as you're the mc, have full luck, be joyboy+nika no one cam stop you. Years of hype is not a good thing. Always be vague because fanboys can and will finish the rest for you. Offscreen should be the ultimate df cuz the amount of it is insane. If you're a female, you're out of luck in terms of power. Haki is everything the plot needs it to be thats why its so vague and not detailed enough. Death is a joke. Alot of telling not enough showing. I thought it was always the other way around.
My biggest one is : How is this viewed as peak fiction?

Last edited:
C

Cruxroux

The whole Post time skip as a whole.
I'm definately not saying it's bad. It's great. Villains like Doflamingo and Kaidou are too good and the plot too.

But nothing hits similar to what I felt back in Alabasta arc , Sky Island , Eniess lobby.
I still remember the grin I had when Luffy and zoro were given bounty of 100 Mil and 60 mil.
It was such a hype , Badass moment. not much time wasted on useless characters. people of those arc still stays relevent to this day. Unlike many since post time skip.

Only thing good in post time skip is animation that's it.

Like the Tittle asks, what is your biggest Takeaway from the Series? Whether it is Positive or Negative. Personally, creatively, other.

(Please don't Fight in the Comments)
Creatively? Anybody who genuinely thinks One Piece is peak fiction has a questionable taste for good stories.

Personally? Always know your own limits, be humble enough to learn from your mistakes instead of doubling them down regardless of how successful you are, and never take those who support you for granted.

My biggest take away is consistency and the eternal underdog from Luffy.

I mean New World started with everybody praising Luffy. They are back after 2 years. Strawhats are somekind of legends. No longer rookies, now they are veterans.

Even at Dressrosa Doflamingo praised Luffy, "that animal get out of the cage" and stuff like that.

Oda hyped us with Luffy taking a fight with Big Mom, a Yonko, at the end of the first arc. Then he showed he is capable of fighting an Admiral and no longer needs to run from them.

Only to be humiliated by BM DF or whatever that was and one-shotted by Kaido.