General & Others What have we learned in Wano thus far that justifies three years of it?

Wano started in 2018, we are now in 2021 and I am pretty sure most of us agree that Wano isn't going to end in at least two more years since there is absolutely no way Kaido and all of his subordinates are going to get defeated this year. So Wano has been going on for three years now and I legitimately have no idea what we learned thus far that is of relevant information outside the Rodger flashback since it literally only took four chapters out of the 100 chapters of Wano? A baby that was born when Wano started will start kindergarten when it ends. Why does Oda need more time for a single arc than nurturing a baby into its adolescents age? A bachelors degree takes four years to obtain, why does Oda need more time for a single arc than a person getting their bachelors degree?

Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marine Ford and Luffy/Ace flashback took less time COMBINED than Wano and yet we learned a lot more in those arcs than Wano.

Because Wano is not an arc thats only about learning things, putting together a story takes time. And with the breaks Oda has to take every couple of weeks shit is gonna take a while
That is false. I literally provided you an example of Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marine Ford and Luffy/Ace flashback taking less time COMBINED than Wano. Also, define what "takes time" need. We gave Oda three plus years, how much time does "take time" mean? 10 years? 5 years? Also, my question is what have we learned in Wano. If it is just a story that isn't "about learning things" than that is the definition of filler.
Post automatically merged:

Wano will end before summer 2022 and if it doesn’t that means the raid failed
That isn't my question dude.

Imo it will not last more than another year. I get all the act 3 stuff and in the Japaneae play there are 5 or 6 but at this point everybody is going almost all out, we will have another bit of set up and then the big fights (vs the yonkos, vs the calamities etc.). If Oda make them fail then regroup and redo another raid it would be terribly redundant and so boring. What I'm expecting is the interference by a big third party, be it the navy, another yonko or even the CP0 maybe and that will bring a war which actually will make "Marineford look cute". Anyway hyping up something before it even starts build ups too much expectation which are 99% of the times disattended.

Oda could've trimmed down the arc greatly, he also could've trimmed down previous arcs but we have what we have. Wano will likely end next year (I seriously don't see it going past that though) and we'll see where Oda takes it from there. It didn't have to be this long but it is. Marineford being so short is astonishing when you look at post-timeskip arcs. Marineford was almost as short as Zou yet Oda really went all out there. I'll take quality over quantity and while Wano is great in some ways, I don't think there was need for it to be so long.

Not sure how OP wants to cherry pick ''learn'' but Wano is easily the most game changing arc of the series next to Marineford just given the collapse of the warlord system and the alliance of 2 emperors.

This arc updates on the status of most supernovas, the structure of Kaido's crew, some sword lore, who taught Ace to make hats and the origin of his vivre card, who WB's 2nd commander was and some background of his and Roger's journey with info like Joy Boy reaching Laugh Tale, the former super crew of Rocks and the reason Garp was never an Admiral, answers about the frozen people in Punk Hazard, Luffy developing his CoA, what Sanji's Raid suit is.

All in all it's an arc that addresses multiple story points and concludes the long setup since PH, I'm sure like most arcs it could've been shorter but considering it's dealing with 2 emperors and most of the new gen its magnitude isn't entirely unwarranted.

Wano started in 2018, we are now in 2021 and I am pretty sure most of us agree that Wano isn't going to end in at least two more years since there is absolutely no way Kaido and all of his subordinates are going to get defeated this year. So Wano has been going on for three years now and I legitimately have no idea what we learned thus far that is of relevant information outside the Rodger flashback since it literally only took four chapters out of the 100 chapters of Wano? A baby that was born when Wano started will start kindergarten when it ends. Why does Oda need more time for a single arc than nurturing a baby into its adolescents age? A bachelors degree takes four years to obtain, why does Oda need more time for a single arc than a person getting their bachelors degree?

Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marine Ford and Luffy/Ace flashback took less time COMBINED than Wano and yet we learned a lot more in those arcs than Wano.
Not sure you’d have as much space and time to learn more when two emperors are directly behind you and threatening to kick your ass.

Wano is very likely ending this year, the raid has been speeding up recently. It may not seem like it because there are "too many" fronts for some people. I particularly have no problem with that.

Regarding Wano Arc as a whole, the Oden Flashback, Worst Generation highlights and Marco stuff have been my favorite moments since the timeskip started.

Oden is cool

Wano is definitely going to end early next year... It reached this far because of the scheduled breaks... It is also heavily hinted that Wano arc will change how the story will move forward from now on... This is a prelude to a bigger war... We'll learn more stuffs as the arc reaches its Act 4...