Versus Battle What if Danzo and ROOTS had fought Pain with Konoha instead of hiding ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Title of the thread. What would have happened if Danzo and co decided to fight instead of hiding ?

Would they manage to beat Pain and co ? Would they manage to beat him before Naruto arrival ? Would they change nothing ?

How do you imagine Danzo and co collaborating with the other ninjas etc. The combos etc ?

@LuthonTheDragDown @Jiihad @Draco @Bogard @Seth @silverfire @Van @Shiroyru @Vlad D. Impaler @Yoshioka Seijuro @FloriGlori @Cinera @Enma @Seraphoenix @Marimo_420 @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Sentinel @Ice devil slayer @comrade @HA001 @Haoshoku @Inflamed Haki @Cross_Marian @chacharealsmooth @Salah WG etc

Yes imo Danzo & Roots were capable of stopping Pain
But Pain could still beat them too, so it would become Author's Decision who wins

But from Capabilities point of view, Danzo & Roots are capable of stopping Pain if they use their Cards right
Izanagi could prove a difficult counter to Pain's Ability.
Also Danzo could have saved Konoha using Kotoamatsukami (Shisui's Ultimate Genjutsu) to cancel Nagato's Control over Six Paths

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Also Danzo could have saved Konoha using Kotoamatsukami (Shisui's Ultimate Genjutsu) to cancel Nagato's Control over Six Paths
Genjutsu like that can be used against a rinnegan opponent ? don't remember if Rinnegan users are immune to genjutsu or not.

Izanagi could prove a difficult counter to Pain's Ability.
Yeah being able to die multiple times and sneak your opponent can be very useful against the 5 seconds cooldown. If Danzo teams with Kakashi or Naruto (if he can't beat him before Naruto arrival) he can maybe beat Pain

And all the ROOT members are quite strong, they can help against the other paths (summon, death, absorbing one etc).

Genjutsu like that can be used against a rinnegan opponent ? don't remember if Rinnegan users are immune to genjutsu or not.
Yes, Rinnegan should be immune to Genjutsu, but Shisui's Genjutsu was Special, it was Ultimate Genjutsu that has no Counter.
It worked on Itachi & removed Kabuto's Control of Edo Tensei which he described as Near Impossible. We also saw that Danzo was relying on using it against Obito (Who he believed was Madara Uchiha himself) + It's so powerful that doesn't require Eye Contact, as Danzo was able to use it on Mifune without removing his Bandages. So i bet it can work on Pain.
Maybe it can't Control Nagato but it should at least remove his Control over Six Paths of Pain just like Edo Tensei
Yeah being able to die multiple times and sneak your opponent can be very useful against the 5 seconds cooldown. If Danzo teams with Kakashi or Naruto (if he can't beat him before Naruto arrival) he can maybe beat Pain

And all the ROOT members are quite strong, they can help against the other paths (summon, death, absorbing one etc).
Exactly my thoughts too
Danzo's Izanagi could allow him to bypass those 5 Seconds, especially if he has help
And the other Root Members should be able to fight rest of Paths

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
If they did the pain arc wouldn't have been ruined by talk no jutsu which would have been dope
Haha, the only risk with Danzo helping taking down Pain, is he will be seen as a hero by everyone, then he will slander Tsunade like hell saying she couldn't protect the village etc. Then will become Hokage and the last war will be everyone against Konoha lol.

Yes, Rinnegan should be immune to Genjutsu, but Shisui's Genjutsu was Special, it was Ultimate Genjutsu that has no Counter.
It worked on Itachi & removed Kabuto's Control of Edo Tensei which he described as Near Impossible. We also saw that Danzo was relying on using it against Obito (Who he believed was Madara Uchiha himself) + It's so powerful that doesn't require Eye Contact, as Danzo was able to use it on Mifune without removing his Bandages. So i bet it can work on Pain.
Maybe it can't Control Nagato but it should at least remove his Control over Six Paths of Pain just like Edo Tensei
I think they said no counter against normal ways : rinnegan is not a normal dojutsu and nobody since Hagoromo (for everyone, people are not aware of Otutsuki family) has it. So they likely didn't know rinnegan powers or take rinnegan into account in that statement.

Kabuto didn't have rinnegan. He was strong and know his chakra but this is not the rinnegan.

And when Danzo wanted to control Obito, Obito didn't have the rinnegan so Danzo didn't think about it when he said he wanted to control Obito.

I don't know about that. Shisui genjutsu was really something else but rinnegan too.

But to be fair I think even with that he can handle himself against Pain, especially in a team fight

I think they said no counter against normal ways : rinnegan is not a normal dojutsu and nobody since Hagoromo (for everyone, people are not aware of Otutsuki family) has it. So they likely didn't know rinnegan powers or take rinnegan into account in that statement.

Kabuto didn't have rinnegan. He was strong and know his chakra but this is not the rinnegan.

And when Danzo wanted to control Obito, Obito didn't have the rinnegan so Danzo didn't think about it when he said he wanted to control Obito.

I don't know about that. Shisui genjutsu was really something else but rinnegan too.

But to be fair I think even with that he can handle himself against Pain, especially in a team fight
Genjutsu can't work on Rinnegan User, but i explained that Danzo can't Control Nagato
I said Danzo can Break Nagato's Control over Six Paths of Pain

Jiraya used Genjutsu on Six Paths of Pain & it worked
Shisui's Genjutsu will 100% Work on Pain, but not Nagato

And i gave Kabuto example not for Kabuto himself but because of Edo Tensei, it's Control is Near Impossible to break
Countering such Technique proves that Shisui's Genjutsu is truly the Ultimate Genjutsu Technique

And btw, Kabuto revived Nagato & could Control him, his Rinnegan couldn't Counter Edo Tensei Control but Shisui's Eye can
Danzo can use this Genjutsu to defeat Six Paths of Pain or at least Yahiko Pain

*as I recall....
Jiraiya genjutsu worked againts full rinnegan.
Kakashi genjutsu worked againts obito which was half rinnegan.
Obito only could use either sharingan or rinnegan. He couldn't do both.

So genjutsu can be used againts rinnegan, but i dont think it will last long.

Then Konoha wins.

> Tsunade had to keep everyone alive using her chakras. If less people needs Katsuyu she fights harder.

> Jiraiya was alone. They have Tsunade, Danzou, Kakashi, Torune, Hyugas, Akimichi... Tons of people for a good strat.

> Kakashi nearly took with the Akimichi 2 of the 3 most powerful Peins.

> I think Kakashi or Tsunade or Danzou still die but Konoha wins this.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Title of the thread. What would have happened if Danzo and co decided to fight instead of hiding ?

Would they manage to beat Pain and co ? Would they manage to beat him before Naruto arrival ? Would they change nothing ?

How do you imagine Danzo and co collaborating with the other ninjas etc. The combos etc ?
Depends on the scenario here. Is Danzo coming out before Pein knows that Naruto isn't around? Because, Danzo could take any individual Pein apart from the Deva Path or Animal Path. But that's him picking them off and he'd definitely need Izanagi against any of them. But they'd just be summoned and repaired at the crater and Danzo isn't clearing a Pein gauntlet. Izanagi is a chakra extensive jutsu and a few of the Pein's like the Asura Path are wildly powerful.

Is it Danzo stepping in to fight during the crater? He's getting jumped and beaten pretty badly. Izanagi is a great jutsu, but against someone who can use 6 jutsu simultaneously and has shared vision to keep from being caught off guard, it's not that great.

I also doubt ROOT Shinobi are taking down the Pein's before Naruto shows up. If the whole village isn't dealing with them effectively, an added hundred Anbu isn't going to be the deciding factor.