Powers & Abilities What if Kizaru dies and Koby inherits his powers?

I think Kizaru should have at least 3 or 4 named moves to spare, but alas I agree.
The Buddha fruit would be cool, but would also kind of opposite of what Koby seems to be: big, beavy, tanky, etc.

Imho there would be a perfect, incredibly powerful and totally underused fruit that you can gain killing a character that now has no relevance whatsoever in the manga instead of Sengoku:
Bold: Not necessarily. The giant Buddha form Sengoku showed at MF might only be its full Zoan form, similar to Kaido's dragon form and those Dinosaur forms. You have size and power, but sacrifice speed and mobility.
But luckily there are hybrid forms. Something that's still hidden for that fruit btw, which plays very well into the points I made. We could experience that fruit for the first time with Coby.

I think its hybrid form might very well even be the strongest or second strongest conventional hybrid form out of all the Zoan fruits in the series, if it still then gives you noticeable size and strength gains next to that gold durability- not including the Nika fruit and Imu's potential Zoan.

The way I see it he would just turn into a much bigger and stronger version of himself with a decent durability buff.

What speaks against the Kira no mi for me personally is its lack of magnitude/hype, it's overall insignificance, that it matches no meta story theme and that it's relatively weak in power I think. It won't be a game changer, as it wouldn't make him faster or stronger and the diamond skin is speculated to restrict the user's movement on the areas, where it's in effect.
It's a fruit some Blackbeard pirate would get as some kind of gimmick fight- challenge, but not someone as important to the story as Coby, who would rather get a s-class fruit.

I don't think it really fits him tho in terms of aesthetics and fighting style, as it would take everything away from Coby's own fighting style. Oda would rather like to showcase Coby's own moveset with dozens of Garp callbacks and training FBs than make him a half assed recycled version of Kizaru.
Not sure it would. If you look at haki based logia fighters, they seem to just combine their pre-existing fighting style with their elements.

Kuzan seems to combine Garp’s style + ice

Sabo combines ryusoken + fire

Koby would be the same. Combining Garp’s style with light. Basically doing stuff like galaxy impact or galaxy divide but at light speed.
Post automatically merged:

No

I basically come here to hate. It's my only source of entertainment here. If i start ignoring fuckers i hate here, i won't see a single message in any threads.
oh. Well then Im honored you find my content so entertaining.

Bold: Not necessarily. The giant Buddha form Sengoku showed at MF might only be its full Zoan form, similar to Kaido's dragon form and those Dinosaur forms. You have size and power, but sacrifice speed and mobility.
But luckily there are hybrid forms. Something that's still hidden for that fruit btw, which plays very well into the points I made. We could experience that fruit for the first time with Coby.

I think its hybrid form might very well even be the strongest or second strongest conventional hybrid form out of all the Zoan fruits in the series, if it still then gives you noticeable size and strength gains next to that gold durability- not including the Nika fruit and Imu's potential Zoan.

The way I see it he would just turn into a much bigger and stronger version of himself with a decent durability buff.
Sure, It could be that way.
Overall I think Sengoku's fruit Is one of the strongest there Is, possibly even stronger than the Dragon fruit since Buddha Is, I mean, Buddha, but I don't see Koby fitting well with It.

What speaks against the Kira no mi for me personally is its lack of magnitude/hype, it's overall insignificance, that it matches no meta story theme and that it's relatively weak in power I think. It won't be a game changer, as it wouldn't make him faster or stronger and the diamond quirk is speculated to restrict the user's movement on the activated areas.
It's a fruit some Blackbeard pirate would get as some kind of gimmick fight- challenge, but not someone as important to the story as Coby, who would rather get a s-class fruit.
I don't agree with this. Personally, I think the Kira Kira Is one of the strongest paramecia and with Koby would be a dream fitting.

Koby, after Honesty Impact and all, Is mostly lacking in the defence compartment. Well, the Kira Kira takes care of this better than basically anything can.
The Buddha fruit, or a zoan fruit in general, can augment his resistance, but the Kira Kira would simply turn Koby impervious to almost any damage. And as far as I am concerned, Diamond > Dragon scales in term of toughness.
This was beyond impressive:

By Mihawk, a black blade Saijo user and WSS.
Also, as Luffy G5 was covering himself with Advanced Haki, can you image Diamond covered with Advanced Haki?
Would be basically unkillable, not blows, magma, slashes and so on.
That paired with Koby's CoO.

And the Kira Kira would also boost Koby's offensive: a diamond punch Is way better than a normal punch.

I agree It has no "history", but that Is way imho It would be better: Koby would be the first to really use It and the Kira Kira itself Is incredibly powerful as a fruit, but with Koby specifically, given this increbile fit, It would be a game changer.
Suffice to say for It's power that we thoguht It would be Shiliew's fruit, and so one of Zoro's final adversary. And would have been such precisely because of the fruit.

Sure, It could be that way.
Overall I think Sengoku's fruit Is one of the strongest there Is, possibly even stronger than the Dragon fruit since Buddha Is, I mean, Buddha, but I don't see Koby fitting well with It.

I don't agree with this. Personally, I think the Kira Kira Is one of the strongest paramecia and with Koby would be a dream fitting.

Koby, after Honesty Impact and all, Is mostly lacking in the defence compartment. Well, the Kira Kira takes care of this better than basically anything can.
The Buddha fruit, or a zoan fruit in general, can augment his resistance, but the Kira Kira would simply turn Koby impervious to almost any damage. And as far as I am concerned, Diamond > Dragon scales in term of toughness.
This was beyond impressive:

By Mihawk, a black blade Saijo user and WSS.
Also, as Luffy G5 was covering himself with Advanced Haki, can you image Diamond covered with Advanced Haki?
Would be basically unkillable, not blows, magma, slashes and so on.
That paired with Koby's CoO.

And the Kira Kira would also boost Koby's offensive: a diamond punch Is way better than a normal punch.

I agree It has no "history", but that Is way imho It would be better: Koby would be the first to really use It and the Kira Kira itself Is incredibly powerful as a fruit, but with Koby specifically, given this increbile fit, It would be a game changer.
Suffice to say for It's power that we thoguht It would be Shiliew's fruit, and so one of Zoro's final adversary. And would have been such precisely because of the fruit.
I think you make a good case for it. I mean I know it's a good fruit. And going by the fact that Oda is very into making Coby the second coming of Prime Garp, Diamond fists would certainly do well within all of that. That actually made me like the idea a lot aswell, now thinking about it.

But then again it lacks a meta theme and we certainly would have to get Jozu involved into the story. A random DF spawn without any knowledge of Jozu's death would be far too random afterall.
And even though I like the idea more now, I still think it's overall too weak and would not be able to make Coby a near Garp copy in a relatively short amount of time and in comparison to a mythical Zoan it would also likely miss a lot of future potential, when awakened.

If we are getting this specific with the abilties and their scaling, imagine the Buddha fruit:
It's Zoan form has a build similar to that of a Buccaneer, huge toso, tiny legs. Coincidentally a build that Garp also has.
I think that this fruit would not only give Coby a massive stat boost, it would also give him that Garp like physique in hybrid. Oda loves those parallels. At hand of that physique we would obviously notice that a big strength boost took place and it in general would just mimick Garp even more. Every move Coby makes would be like witnessing Garp putting in the action.
Additionally thanks to the strength boost we would also likely get a replica of Prime Garp's speed as Soru and Geppou is also an integral part of Coby's arsenal.

And with the golden skin Coby would also recieve a decent durability boost on top. Put CoA hardening on to that and you have yourself a pair of incredibly sturdy and powerful fists aswell.
It's overall just a very powerful boost and in comparison to the Kira no mi a much more versatiled and overall more powerful one I think.

I think similar to Shanks and Roger, we will have Coby as a (Prime)Garp stand in for the final saga. And that fruit checks all the boxes, even visually (Garp's build).

And in contrary to Jozu Sengoku right now is on the move. That dude could realistically die in the near future.
And as a final point: 333vil made some good points in his video iirc.There certainly are a lot of in story clues and decent parallels inbetween Coby and Buddha. Cannot forget that

Last edited:
I think you make a good case for it. I mean I know it's a good fruit. And going by the fact that Oda is very into making Coby the second coming of Prime Garp, Diamond fists would certainly do well within all of that. That actually made me like the idea a lot aswell, now thinking about it.

But then again it lacks a meta theme and we certainly would have to get Jozu involved into the story. A random DF spawn without any knowledge of Jozu's death would be far too random afterall.
And even though I like the idea more now, I still think it's overall too weak and would not be able to make Coby a near Garp copy in a relatively short amount of time and in comparison to a mythical Zoan it would also likely miss a lot of future potential, when awakened.

If we are getting this specific with the abilties and their scaling, imagine the Buddha fruit:
It's Zoan form has a build similar to that of a Buccaneer, huge toso, tiny legs. Coincidentally a build that Garp also has.
I think that this fruit would not only give Coby a massive stat boost, it would also give him that Garp like physique in hybrid. Oda loves those parallels. At hand of that physique we would obviously notice that a big strength boost took place and it in general would just mimick Garp even more. Every move Coby makes would be like witnessing Garp putting in the action.
Additionally thanks to the strength boost we would also likely get a replica of Prime Garp's speed as Soru and Geppou is also an integral part of Coby's arsenal.

And with the golden skin Coby would also recieve a decent durability boost on top. Put CoA hardening on to that and you have yourself a pair of incredibly sturdy and powerful fists aswell.
It's overall just a very powerful boost and in comparison to the Kira no mi a much more versatiled and overall more powerful one I think.

I think similar to Shanks and Roger, we will have Coby as a (Prime)Garp stand in for the final saga. And that fruit checks all the boxes, even visually (Garp's build).

And in contrary to Jozu Sengoku right now is on the move. That dude could realistically die in the near future.
And as a final point: 333vil made some good points in his video iirc.There certainly are a lot of in story clues and decent parallels inbetween Coby and Buddha. Cannot forget that
The whole thing is very well thought out. I like It and tbh now I like the idea of Koby getting the Buddha fruit. It would also give the Buddha fruit justice since I think It Is one of the strongest Mythicals there are out there.
And yes, It would fit with the physique; Koby would become even more like Garp on that regard.

But the compairson with Garp made me think of another thing: remember when Shiliew stabbed Garp? They called him "Iron" Garp, I suppose becuase he Is very though on top of that; also maybe "iron fists" and the likes.
Well, with the Kira Kira we would have the same, if not better, for Koby: we would have "diamond" Koby as we had "Iron" Garp, with diamond fists on top.
Overall, both would be incredibly "hard".

Also I like the aesthetics of It: Koby Is a very "clean", very moral character, so the power of diamond would fit.
Obv in that regard, morally speaking, the power of Buddha would fit just as well.

Also, there Is the fact that I would like some Sengoku showing off and so the Buddha fruit would be kind of "used", maybe, after he will have done what I hope he will do.
But that Is just me on that.

Very good post anyway, now I am very positive about the Buddha fruit too and I'll go and see the video.

The whole thing is very well thought out. I like It and tbh now I like the idea of Koby getting the Buddha fruit. It would also give the Buddha fruit justice since I think It Is one of the strongest Mythicals there are out there.
And yes, It would fit with the physique; Koby would become even more like Garp on that regard.

But the compairson with Garp made me think of another thing: remember when Shiliew stabbed Garp? They called him "Iron" Garp, I suppose becuase he Is very though on top of that; also maybe "iron fists" and the likes.
Well, with the Kira Kira we would have the same, if not better, for Koby: we would have "diamond" Koby as we had "Iron" Garp, with diamond fists on top.
Overall, both would be incredibly "hard".

Also I like the aesthetics of It: Koby Is a very "clean", very moral character, so the power of diamond would fit.
Obv in that regard, morally speaking, the power of Buddha would fit just as well.

Also, there Is the fact that I would like some Sengoku showing off and so the Buddha fruit would be kind of "used", maybe, after he will have done what I hope he will do.
But that Is just me on that.

Very good post anyway, now I am very positive about the Buddha fruit too and I'll go and see the video.
Yeah like I said I'm also not necessarily against the Kira no mi. I definitely see your vision. Those diamond fists and a diamond bolstered Tekkai would be very much appreciated aswell.
Thus good point with the Iron Body aspect. It certainly fits well
....but then again it would also fit the gold based durability of the Buddha fruit, right:wellwell:

But honestly tho I also want Sengoku to go all out, even if it goes against the whole idea.
He's one of the guys I'm really hyped about. So there is that. Not too long from now we might already get the answer to that one atleast. Afterall he's already on the move.
If he survives this and Jozu suddenly starts to reappear, please don't quote me lmao

Anyway atleast we are sure, that he will keep his own and Garp's style. That's prolly the most important aspect. This way Oda can give us Garp'ish stuff without Garp directly being involved. I think it's something a mangaka, who hates to let characters die and who loves to recycle stuff, most likely deems very important/wants to go with.

Yeah like I said I'm also not necessarily against the Kira no mi. I definitely see your vision. Those diamond fists and a diamond bolstered Tekkai would be very much appreciated aswell.
Thus good point with the Iron Body aspect. It certainly fits well
....but then again it would also fit the gold based durability of the Buddha fruit, right:wellwell:

But honestly tho I also want Sengoku to go all out, even if it goes against the whole idea.
He's one of the guys I'm really hyped about. So there is that. Not too long from now we might already get the answer to that one atleast. Afterall he's already on the move.
If he survives this and Jozu suddenly starts to reappear, please don't quote me lmao

Anyway atleast we are sure, that he will keep his own and Garp's style. That's prolly the most important aspect. This way Oda can give us Garp'ish stuff without Garp directly being involved. I think it's something a mangaka, who hates to let characters die and who loves to recycle stuff, most likely deems very important/wants to go with.
Surely.

And tbh I like these what if, but 90% Koby Is remaining as he Is, exactly like Garp. It's true that Luffy Is not like Roger at all, but he never was. Koby, on the other hand, has even the same moves as him.
Koby Is like Shanks if anything, not like Luffy on that matter.

But we'll see.
Logically, giving him a fruit would be an easy way to make him strong enough with less nonsense and free powerups.

And fingers crossed for Sengoku anyway.

He literally used CoC in that fight. Also, Koby has everything Vergo has and more. Besides I think all Titanic Captains are at least YC3, I can't see Vergo doing so well against them.
Basic coc is only for fodder control. It didnt do anything to the sisters they were just surprised.

Dont fool yourself current Koby would get humiliated by PH Law and i cant see him land a single hit.