Powers & Abilities What is Haki? EXPLAINED

Hi Worstgen,

I will answer anything about Haki... I know that's a bold claim.

But, I believe that Haki is not as complicated as other people make it seem. It can be quantified.

And here is precisely how it is quantified:

Haki is a spiritual energy I will refer to as Life Light. It is an energy that exists in all forms of life because each of them have souls. Qi, Chi, Prana, etc., it's all generally the same thing. It's all Life Light in this thread.

But where does this Life Light come from? Well, it comes directly from God. How else do you think 🤔 that happened?

What's more is God has abilities known as Omni abilities or God abilities. Let's compare the forms of Haki with Omni-abilities.

Armament Haki = Omnipresence = Endless Body
Observation Haki = Omniscience = Endless Mind
Conqueror's Haki = Omnipotence = Endless Spirit

As you can see, each of the forms of Haki corresponds directly to one of the God abilities. The ultimate form of each school of Haki eventually becomes what this thread consider Endless.

For example, if, for some reason, somebody was able to Awaken and control their surroundings... ALL of their surroundings... including the entire universe... that would also mean they have become Endless or Omnipresent because they are using everything as part of their own body. People are only limited to a specific range based on the power of their spirit. It's actually possible to affect lifeforms on other planets if your Haki is strong enough.

To speak further of this, the mind/body/spirit theme is known as the trichotomy of the soul. It is a spiritual concept that has been discussed by philosophers since ancient times.

But that's essentially what Haki is. It's watered down God abilities.

I can speak further on all forms of Devil Fruit abilities, Haki abilities, Martial Arts, and any other element of the story involving spiritual elements such as the Clair Senses.

Actually, many of the abilities in the story are based on Clair Senses. Clairvoyance is the same thing as precognition (the ability to see the future). For each of the 5 senses, there is also a corresponding Psychic Sense. Psychic Sight, Smell, Taste, Feel, and so on.

Let's talk about Basil Hawkins. He uses what's known as psychometry to read the fate of an object. This is an obvious example of when a Clair Sense is being used in the story, but there are plenty of others which become more or less difficult to explain, but they all can be explained.

Last edited:
thanks Tapioca-san, I'll translate to western readers

Think of Jesus Christ coming back to life in 3 days, amazing CoA feat.

King Solomon wisdom, remember how he told the women fighting for the baby to split it in 2? He saw the future and was able to determine that the real mother wouldn't accept it.

God himself, the peak CoC usage. This might be a hint at more CoC abilites. Maybe Shanks the CoC expert can cast fire and brimstone upon his enemies?

Did Oda tell you these things? I need sources, because you have zero credibility and it is clear you have some irl agenda being projected.

Haki is no different than Ki or Chakra from DB and Naruto. You need to drop the crack pipe, touch grass, and stop looking too deeply into a fictional made up power system.

Return to your rabbit hole

thanks Tapioca-san, I'll translate to western readers

Think of Jesus Christ coming back to life in 3 days, amazing CoA feat.

King Solomon wisdom, remember how he told the women fighting for the baby to split it in 2? He saw the future and was able to determine that the real mother wouldn't accept it.

God himself, the peak CoC usage. This might be a hint at more CoC abilites. Maybe Shanks the CoC expert can cast fire and brimstone upon his enemies?
On the subject of Shanks, let's speak of his range. His range is exceptional, but I believe there is no limit to a range. It is essentially limitless. Endless.

Then, when you think of Observation Haki.. what if somebody used it to predict more than just events in a small area? If they used it on an infinite range they would be predicting events everywhere all the time. That is the definition of Omniscience.

In reality, Haki is no different than The Force in Star Wars. The ultimate abilities include things on the same level as Force Users like Emperor Palpatine. Force storms being projected to other planets are entirely possible. Think about it!

It's just Conqueror's Haki being projected at a super long range at that point.

Shanks has been using an ability reminiscent of Palpatine's Force Storm. His Conqueror's Haki lightning being used over huge ranges.

You don't need to know much more about Haki than this. You can figure everything else out with a little bit of clever thinking.

That's exactly why Life Light is used this way and why modern science rejects it. It can be used to do anything without much explanation. Your ignorance of these facts of history including ancient societies primarily using Life Light principles to understand the universe is not my concern.

And, indeed, yes, the reason why you can't accept these beliefs is precisely because you're as ignorant as people were thousands of years ago who couldn't tell the difference between magic and science.

The ancient kingdom in the story is a direct representation of old societies who believed in magic, but in the story it will be understood as advanced science. This is a very common theme in science fiction and it's surprising nobody here understands it.

It's called The Ancient Weapon trope. Ancient weapons of mass destruction are hidden away and found again bringing an end of days scenario.

This would’ve been an okay thread if your deluded ass didn’t make the other thread about how your Eastern philosophy bullshit is the Holy Grail of Haki Piece.

Nobody care.
Haki is a shit system.
Haki is a system that ancient societies actually believe in so if you call it shit you're calling actual people's culture shit... yikes
Post automatically merged:

People have questions about... visual awareness of the events occuring. I would like to offer my opinions on those things in this thread regarding how Haki works in panels.

That is a difficult thing to do as there can be many abilities all functioning in harmony to achieve a result and dissecting these abilities may not be entirely productive from my perspective, but I will offer my hand at it because I did explain I would answer any Haki related questions.

Last edited:
wasnt the claim prior to this that western readers cant understand it? but apparently its concepts of the god that is most prominent in the west?
Actually no these concepts relate to a plethora of Gods that exist in the East. The Endless/Omnipotent stuff is related to how Buddhists relate to Heavenly Kings or other such things.

Actually no these concepts relate to a plethora of Gods that exist in the East. The Endless/Omnipotent stuff is related to how Buddhists relate to Heavenly Kings or other such things.
but how is it that western readers cant understand despite it being part of the most prominent god in the west?

cant you see how that is contradictory af?

but how is it that western readers cant understand despite it being part of the most prominent god in the west?

cant you see how that is contradictory af?
Which part are you suggesting is related to the Christian version of God?

There is a rule in Christian belief- thou shalt not believe in a false god.

That means people can't have Gods powers (no demigods) and there are no other Gods who exist on their own (no deities) other than the One God. The Christian God.

So, in this story where all people have godlike abilities.. no.. they are basically all demigods. So, this is very unlike principles found in Christianity.

In fact, much of this is considered blasphemy in Christian belief. If this was a Christian story, then Luffy would be considered the Antichrist and Joyboy would be considered The Devil.

The WG, and the Celestials, the enemy of the story, actually consider Luffy and people like him to be Devils so... that's actually a direct connection between Eastern beliefs and Western beliefs clashing and the Western beliefs are being vilified lol

It's almost as if the WG represents Christianity and how Pirates represent Eastern beliefs in that sense... and the story wants the pirates Eastern beliefs to win (the Ancient Kingdoms belief Vs. The World Governments belief).

Or the dream of the Ancient Kingdom Vs. The Dream of the World Government

One thing that ancient societies have believed in is the magical energy called subtle energy.

Haki is subtle energy. In modern societies, we don't think about subtle energy.

Last edited:
Hi Worstgen,

I will answer anything about Haki... I know that's a bold claim.

But, I believe that Haki is not as complicated as other people make it seem. It can be quantified.

And here is precisely how it is quantified:

Haki is a spiritual energy I will refer to as Life Light. It is an energy that exists in all forms of life because each of them have souls. Qi, Chi, Prana, etc., it's all generally the same thing. It's all Life Light in this thread.

But where does this Life Light come from? Well, it comes directly from God. How else do you think 🤔 that happened?

What's more is God has abilities known as Omni abilities or God abilities. Let's compare the forms of Haki with Omni-abilities.

As you can see, each of the forms of Haki corresponds directly to one of the God abilities. The ultimate form of each school of Haki eventually becomes what this thread consider Endless.

For example, if, for some reason, somebody was able to Awaken and control their surroundings... ALL of their surroundings... including the entire universe... that would also mean they have become Endless or Omnipresent because they are using everything as part of their own body. People are only limited to a specific range based on the power of their spirit. It's actually possible to affect lifeforms on other planets if your Haki is strong enough.

To speak further of this, the mind/body/spirit theme is known as the trichotomy of the soul. It is a spiritual concept that has been discussed by philosophers since ancient times.

But that's essentially what Haki is. It's watered down God abilities.

I can speak further on all forms of Devil Fruit abilities, Haki abilities, Martial Arts, and any other element of the story involving spiritual elements such as the Clair Senses.

Actually, many of the abilities in the story are based on Clair Senses. Clairvoyance is the same thing as precognition (the ability to see the future). For each of the 5 senses, there is also a corresponding Psychic Sense. Psychic Sight, Smell, Taste, Feel, and so on.

Let's talk about Basil Hawkins. He uses what's known as psychometry to read the fate of an object. This is an obvious example of when a Clair Sense is being used in the story, but there are plenty of others which become more or less difficult to explain, but they all can be explained.
@Tapioca are you brazilian?

Which part are you suggesting is related to the Christian version of God?

There is a rule in Christian belief- thou shalt not believe in a false god.

That means people can't have Gods powers (no demigods) and there are no other Gods who exist on their own (no deities) other than the One God. The Christian God.

So, in this story where all people have godlike abilities.. no.. they are basically all demigods. So, this is very unlike principles found in Christianity.

In fact, much of this is considered blasphemy in Christian belief. If this was a Christian story, then Luffy would be considered the Antichrist and Joyboy would be considered The Devil.

The WG, and the Celestials, the enemy of the story, actually consider Luffy and people like him to be Devils so... that's actually a direct connection between Eastern beliefs and Western beliefs clashing and the Western beliefs are being vilified lol

It's almost as if the WG represents Christianity and how Pirates represent Eastern beliefs in that sense... and the story wants the pirates Eastern beliefs to win (the Ancient Kingdoms belief Vs. The World Governments belief).

Or the dream of the Ancient Kingdom Vs. The Dream of the World Government

One thing that ancient societies have believed in is the magical energy called subtle energy.

Haki is subtle energy. In modern societies, we don't think about subtle energy.
just talking about the three omni-aspects you claim are haki. how can western readers not understand that despite the most prominent god in the west having these aspects?

ok cool bro, got nothing to do with what im saying.

Hm. Why can't Western readers understand the Omni stuff?

Okay well... because they don't view Haki as a spiritual energy. They tend to see everything with the perceptual lense that it's all skill or something explainable other than spiritual concepts. In that context, they think everything they see is new.

If you never heard of psychic abilities before... you'd think it was just some cool ability someone has and it has nothing to do with clairvoyance or Clair Senses or anything.

I hate to say it but they don't understand supernatural stuff and attempt to explain it with a skewed modern perspective when it's all based on old antiquated notions.

It's the blind men trying to figure out what an elephant 🐘 is. They all get different ideas because they're all observing different parts with different perceptions.