Questions & Mysteries What is Imu's gender?

Imu gender?

• Male👦

• Female👩

• Neither👽

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why?
I don't think Oda is gonna go as far as showing God, angels and devil etc..
Also i'd imagine the devil would try to destroy the world or cause chaos not become it's king
Yeah, I don't think that too, because One Piece is not like FMA, DBZ, Gurren Lagann...etc, it is one of the most limited verses in Anime where it's fiction isn't extreme where it's most powerful characters can destroy universes at once like we see with these Animes, OP is like Naruto, Fairy Tail or Bleach at the very least.

So yes I agree that Imu won't be the Devil really, if anything, Imu could be an Umibozu

And if we go look at Umibozu (folklore) in the Japanese Mythology

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Umibōzu_(folklore)

It is said that one of it's abilities and powers that it can Shapeshift (some versions), Immense size, Weather manipulation, Causing natural disasters (Umi Osho) but at the same time, it's really unknown, Imu has really weird abilities where he can use a Devil tail to kill Cobra and wound Sabo, he stripped a Gorosei from his immortality and caused him to wither away and caused a massive burst of black flames and haki, and can absorb fire and transform into a giant creature that has a round head and can rain massive lasers from the sky to destroy an island...etc of these unusual abilities.

Last edited:
Some of the users are forgetting that Japan Is not US. Despite oda is clearly a person that support all race,gender, various identities he still doesn't follow the modern politically correct agenda. He wouldn't have problem to make luffy punch an ambiguos man

Imu might fight solely in their demon/yokai form?
Demonic style devil fruit like the shadow figure suggest yes but i’m pointing out to those who think she’s a woman. It’s impossible especially when Luffy, Zoro and Sanji have the tendency to treat them as gag characters and the fact that the series is catered for the predominately male audience. On top of that, it just...doesn't feel right.

Ivankov said among the First Twenty 800 years ago, there was a King named Saint Imu then said along the lines "we know there is an ability to make someone immortal in this world..." and the Nerona dynasty have the highest authority so what does that tells you?

I'm subscribing to the theory that the Nerona family come from a demonic themed kingdom before 800 years ago like Kuraigana Island and possess some demon genes (for the unawares, see Mihawk, Perona and Moria's possible connection with Imu).

Last edited: