General & Others What is One Piece

Among the Strawhats, who "makes" One Piece for you?

• I only care about Zoro

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I only care about Luffy and Zoro

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I only care about Zoro and Luffy, but I like the other Strawhats

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I like all of them and I care about all of them the same

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I don't like all of them/hate all of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like only a few among them (who?)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
I mean. This is what One Piece means in the world.
The way it gets promoted and showed to the people.

Luffy + Zoro + some other background characters.

After all, most Strawhats became literally not relevant in Post Time Skip. While the way Oda handled everyone in certain Pre Time Skip arcs was wonderful. We knew about the power difference but everyone felt perfectly in the right place, nothing felt forced or rushed.
Nowadays I really can't care about most Strawhats. After latest chapter, I even got to hate Luffy, who I loved as a character and as a protagonist.

@Finalbeta @T.D.A @Zowo @yorosenpai @ConquistadoR @Fenaker @The White Crane @kumae @Geo @Sentinel @Orojackson Refugee @Peroroncino @Redboy776 @Rekien @Sword God Ryuma @nik87 @Manos. AsuraZoro @bennbeckman @mly90 @Akagami Law @style @Sanji D Goat @Marimo_420 @Shishi @Geo @Money D Malio

I'm one of those who actually like Luffy's G5 far more than any G5 theory.
However, I understand where you're coming from, especially when it comes to weaker strawhats. Nevertheless, the focus got swifted to Luffy's rivals, Law and Kid. Meanwhile Usopp is just for gag moments relevant and Nami's fight got outshined by a kid...

I hope, after Kaido is defeated, that the weaker strawhats will beat the remaining CP0. Would be a great twist if Usopp is the one defeating Lucci, especially since he was the one directly challenging Lucci into a battle after Luffy laid there, unable to move due to the injuries.
Same here with Brook and other strawhats capable to fight.

Edit: Nami at the background takes a huge dump on her entire role as one of the main characters. Despite her strength, she doesn't deserve being a background character tbh.

For myself, I voted the "I only care about Zoro and Luffy, but I like the other Strawhats".

Zoro, I think is just one of the best characters ever.
He is inspirational and respect worthy because of his engagement for his dream and his devotion to a person he trusts spontaneously. He is also interesting the way he is showed to be both extremely strong, cool and badass in fighting and epic scenes, and at the same time, funny and enjoyable in comical scenes.
I think you just cannot hate Zoro. Except if you delusionally envy and begrudge his character because the author loves him and 90% of the fandom loves him.

Luffy, I really like him so much, he is a great protagonist. Or, rather, he was. He was so refreshing and cool, you literally could never expect what he was going to do. But he didn't get much developments as a character as he did in power. Actually, the opposite. He mostly became a copy and paste of the most retarded version of Goku. And, after what happened in last chapter... literally the cringest thing I've ever seen. Horribly cringe.
But I enjoyed him so much. I mean I am so displeased.

The others?

I like Nami a lot but she became too sidelined.
Usopp appears so rarely that is hard to care for him anymore. Was a great character... a long time ago.

Sanji was one of my favourite characters in Pre Time Skip. I liked him a lot. Nowadays, bar some cool moments, he became extremely boring. In a few circumstances he is so cringe that he is actually pathetical. And his fandom being made of delusional obsessed people who you just can't talk with because of their bias, worsens everything.

Chopper died some hundred of chapters ago and became a furry pet for real.
Nico Robin is sexy as fuck but so boring.
Franky was one of my favourite characters. And he still is. He is so funny, and cool, and... stupid. I mean, it's so One Piece-style. But I really can't stand how Oda destroyed his design from Pre TS (perfect) to Post TS (horribly awfully cringe).

Brook is fine, I enjoy him, always nice to see him. Should have more screentime. Unfortunately some times he is made to be boring, but when he receives true focus she shows he is not.
Jinbe is the most boring thing on the Earth.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

This was the announcement of the closure of One Piece Tokyo Tower.

Who is holding the signboard? Luffy and Zoro.

EDIT: since the poll answers are not visible I voted for
I only care about Zoro and Luffy, but I like the other Strawhats
B-but if you say that you must be a Sanji hater or a blind Zoro fanboy...
Also the ones who managed the OP Tokyo Tower were like that, as well! It's all a plot from the Zoro fanboys, and that Big Baddie Oda is the first one.

I feel the same, anyway.
My ranking of the Strawhats, from the one I like the most to the one I don't like:

Love

- Zoro
- Luffy
- Franky
- Pre TS Sanji

- Nami
- Brook
- Nico Robin
- Pre TS Chopper

I don't enjoy

- Post TS Chopper
- Post TS Sanji
- Usopp
- Jinbe

Cringe horrible shit

- 1044 Luffy

I don't care for Luffy anymore after the last chapter.

:seriously:
That just shows you have some critical sense and the ability of properly evaluate and judge things.
The way some people compare what happened in 1044 with the many gags in the rest of the manga, just baffles me. It's as if a guy compares soccer with tennis just because "both are sports, after all".

This was the announcement of the closure of One Piece Tokyo Tower.

Who is holding the signboard? Luffy and Zoro.

EDIT: since the poll answers are not visible I voted for
I only care about Zoro and Luffy, but I like the other Strawhats
What is One Piece Tokyo Tower?

That just shows you have some critical sense and the ability of properly evaluate and judge things.
The way some people compare what happened in 1044 with the many gags in the rest of the manga, just baffles me. It's as if a guy compares soccer with tennis just because "both are sports, after all".
:cheers:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Franky is gonna be the main character of the space mecha series Oda wants to do after OP, tell me with a serious face y’all don’t think he’s as important as Luffy and Zoro and I’ll tell you with an equally serious face that you’re a dipshit :fransuper::fransuper::fransuper:

Franky is gonna be the main character of the space mecha series Oda wants to do after OP, tell me with a serious face y’all don’t think he’s as important as Luffy and Zoro and I’ll tell you with an equally serious face that you’re a dipshit :fransuper::fransuper::fransuper:
Pre Time Skip Franky is just one of the best One Piece characters ever. No contest.
His Post TS design killed his aesthetics, though.
But his fight and behaviour with Senor Pink was excellent, loved that.

If it's also based off power levels they got it more accurately than many :cheers:

I guess from a preference perspective that's also accurate fanbase wise