Questions & Mysteries What is Ryokugyu's hair color ?

Guess Oda went to more of a unique route and gives Ryokugyu green hair.
Perhaps the topic is a little too old now for me to continue editing it.

That said, to answer your question, I also think that's what led Oda to change his color theme for the last admiral. He talked about it in the sbs for volume 105, by the way.

With the introduction of Chaton and Gion, it was starting to feel like "too many black-haired people in the upper echelons of the Marines".
Post automatically merged:

They couldn't have known back then, so don't laugh too hard ☹️.
I had really deepened the analysis on my side, but that's because I saw things differently at the time 😅

Last edited:
It wasn’t such a bad fit from what I saw in last episode preview
Yeah it wasn't that bad. I actually like it.

That said, to answer your question, I also think that's what led Oda to change his color theme for the last admiral. He talked about it in the sbs for volume 105, by the way.

With the introduction of Chaton and Gion, it was starting to feel like "too many black-haired people in the upper echelons of the Marines".

I had really deepened the analysis on my side, but that's because I saw things differently at the time 😅
Guess Oda got bored with black hairs pattern lol.

I kinda blamed Wano for this since they also too many colorful characters.

Wtf are these threads. I always thought the hair was green wtf. And there were even theories about him mentoring Zoro lol

People thought Oda is gonna go with the black hair pattern just like with other Admirals.

So it's a surprise that Oda went with green for Ryokugyu. And theories of Ryo being related to Zoro is a meme.
I swear I was reading any forums around the end of Wano and my impression was green hair.

Guess not reading other people's headcanons does a lot of good. Especially when it comes to admirals.

I swear I was reading any forums around the end of Wano and my impression was green hair.

Guess not reading other people's headcanons does a lot of good. Especially when it comes to admirals.
Tbh, It was totally obvious it were back lol. There was not a single reason not to, just like every other Admiral.

Oda said in SBS that changed it for Ryo just because there were "too many characters with black hair in the marine".

So, unless the fault was not reading Oda's mind, black was the right answer.