General & Others What is the Chapter limit you want for every remaining arc of One piece?

it’s been a talking point for the last decade or so that these arcs being long as fuck is not great

So i’m asking however long you think one piece is gonna still go and however many arcs you think are left, what is you ideal chapter limit for the upcoming arcs from now to the end of the series? I’ll start

Elbaf, 20 chapters. Yes shorter than Zou because Half of Zou was actually WCI and Wano set up. Also no fighting, no big mom, none of that.

Raftel, 25 chapters. Reaching Raftel should itself be a multi chapter thing, 5 chapters minimum, even after gettinf the coordinates. And the Raftel Flashback + one piece should fill the rest

Final war, 60 chapters. Double Marineford. Thats all

Basically i want one piece to end 100 chapters after the end of Wano

Edit: I asked this question of Reddit and of course everyone there is saying “No limit. Oda should do as long as he wants as usual”

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I guess if Elbaf occurs no more than 30 as long as no major clash occurs.

Final War 80 at least, road to Laugh Tale + Laugh Tale at least 50, and then Final Government arc in the dozens as well as well as the latest crew achievements in the dozens as well plus other content in between.

Maybe Oda will take the story to as far as chapter 1300.

Elbaf: 50 - 60 chapters. I really like Nordic mythology and Vikings and I would like to enjoy Oda's implementation. I expect a lot as "Vicky the Viking" was Oda's inspiration for One Piece. I also expect characters like Shanks and Weevil to be incorporated into the arc. It also needs to be clarified what happened to the 7 Warlords. The approximate length of the Thriller Bark Arc is quite sufficient.

Raftel: Assuming that this is where we get the battle against the Blackbeard Pirates and possibly the story of the lost century, it should also be about 60 chapters.

Final War: I expect the greatest war of all time, where all characters (pirates, revolutionaries, admirals) are pushed to their limits. 60 chapters are completely unrealistic for this. Skirmishes were mostly brief at Marineford. I hope that this war that Whitebeard prophesied will take place simultaneously on several islands and countries. There should be 80 to 90 chapters.

Elbaf: 50 - 60 chapters. I really like Nordic mythology and Vikings and I would like to enjoy Oda's implementation. I expect a lot as "Vicky the Viking" was Oda's inspiration for One Piece. I also expect characters like Shanks and Weevil to be incorporated into the arc. It also needs to be clarified what happened to the 7 Warlords. The approximate length of the Thriller Bark Arc is quite sufficient.

Raftel: Assuming that this is where we get the battle against the Blackbeard Pirates and possibly the story of the lost century, it should also be about 60 chapters.

Final War: I expect the greatest war of all time, where all characters (pirates, revolutionaries, admirals) are pushed to their limits. 60 chapters are completely unrealistic for this. Skirmishes were mostly brief at Marineford. I hope that this war that Whitebeard prophesied will take place simultaneously on several islands and countries. There should be 80 to 90 chapters.
This is about 200 more chapters so it will be 6-7 more years of One piece

Elbaf Arc -> 60 Chapters/120 Episodes
CP0 Arc -> 100+ Chapters/200+ Episodes
Lost Poneglyph -> 150+ Chapters/300+ Episodes
Blackbeard Setup Arc -> 150+ Chapters/300+ Episodes
Blackbeard Arc (P1) -> 200+ Chapters/400+ Episodes
Blackbeard Arc (P2, AKA Raftel) -> 300+ Chapters/600+ Episodes
Final War Arc Setup -> 250+ Chapters/500+ Episodes
Final War Arc -> 400+ Chapters/800+ Episodes

Elbaf Arc -> 60 Chapters/120 Episodes
CP0 Arc -> 100+ Chapters/200+ Episodes
Lost Poneglyph -> 150+ Chapters/300+ Episodes
Blackbeard Setup Arc -> 150+ Chapters/300+ Episodes
Blackbeard Arc (P1) -> 200+ Chapters/400+ Episodes
Blackbeard Arc (P2, AKA Raftel) -> 300+ Chapters/600+ Episodes
Final War Arc Setup -> 250+ Chapters/500+ Episodes
Final War Arc -> 400+ Chapters/800+ Episodes
This is actually hilarious

The ideal would be 30 chaps for Elbaf and the Final Arc lasting like Wano. But Elbaf will probably be like Wano too. People writing it will be a short arc keep forgetting Oda's love for vikings.

it’s been a talking point for the last decade or so that these arcs being long as fuck is not great

So i’m asking however long you think one piece is gonna still go and however many arcs you think are left, what is you ideal chapter limit for the upcoming arcs from now to the end of the series? I’ll start

Elbaf, 20 chapters. Yes shorter than Zou because Half of Zou was actually WCI and Wano set up. Also no fighting, no big mom, none of that.

Raftel, 25 chapters. Reaching Raftel should itself be a multi chapter thing, 5 chapters minimum, even after gettinf the coordinates. And the Raftel Flashback + one piece should fill the rest

Final war, 60 chapters. Double Marineford. Thats all

Basically i want one piece to end 100 chapters after the end of Wano

Edit: I asked this question of Reddit and of course everyone there is saying “No limit. Oda should do as long as he wants as usual”
I wouldnt care if it's good and entertaining but it's an exhausting endless loop just to get to a underwhelming climax

I don't even think arc length is the problem. The thing is pacing, useless chapters without nothing happening, useless plots, offscreen fights.

Wano became a boring arc, that was the issue.

Next Elbaf arc 30-60Chapters
Smarad arc(Vegapunk) 10-15chapters
Shanks vs BB pirates 10-15Chapters
Strawhat raftel arc vs BB pirates 30Chapters
Final war saga(multiple short arcs like SA/Impel down and MF) 100-150Chapters.
I expect more then 5years until One Piece end.