Powers & Abilities What is the narrative purpose of the time limit to Gear 4 and 5th

QUOTE="Kiiro, post: 5377137, member: 9409"]G4 is still too OP for it to not have a drawback. Lets say he can use it for 30 minutes, but after it still uae haki. If not, Gear 4 can already defeat top tiers imo.
He gets beat by other Yonko while in base with gear 4. It’s to weak for his pears.[/QUOTE]

Physically it defeats anyone. No one has the momentum Gear 4th has. They might win if Luffy doesn't use CoC or AdCoA to add different attributes for Kaido, but powerwise it doesn't.

He gets beat by other Yonko while in base with gear 4. It’s to weak for his pears.

Physically it defeats anyone. No one has the momentum Gear 4th has. They might win if Luffy doesn't use CoC or AdCoA to add different attributes for Kaido, but powerwise it doesn't.[/QUOTE]
Kaido matched gear 4. Luffy can’t beat him in that form. Shanks likely defeats him in that form. Big Mom causally tanked a gear 4 punch without budging. Adding CoC allows him to damage him but it’s not enough to win.

G4 is pretty much a Yonko at their base strength.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Basically the timelimit exists because Luffy is too weak for his opponents. He was too weak for high tiers without cheating with G4, and now supposedly too weak for top tiers without cheating with G5. With these modes he is overexerting himself to compete with his opponents.

Though Idk why Luffy is spamming G5 after having 3 kinds of advanced hakis. Against Kaidou G5 wasn't necessary to compete. Idk if that means Kaidou was just that weak or Luffy is retarded.

Because no limit gear 5 would make him unbeatable for all the current verse one on one save for shanks and warcury
Post automatically merged:

Lets not forget the guy ended kizaru in 10 minutes or less, if it was unlimited he would gauntlet the whole marines in a day

Physically it defeats anyone. No one has the momentum Gear 4th has. They might win if Luffy doesn't use CoC or AdCoA to add different attributes for Kaido, but powerwise it doesn't.
Kaido matched gear 4. Luffy can’t beat him in that form. Shanks likely defeats him in that form. Big Mom causally tanked a gear 4 punch without budging. Adding CoC allows him to damage him but it’s not enough to win.

G4 is pretty much a Yonko at their base strength.

We saw Luffy fighting Kaido in base, gear 2, gear 3, gear 4th (Kaido even said it was a great 1 vs 1).

Losing or winning is not the point. Gear 4th is top tier.

We saw Luffy fighting Kaido in base, gear 2, gear 3, gear 4th (Kaido even said it was a great 1 vs 1).

Losing or winning is not the point. Gear 4th is top tier.
The stronger you and your haki gets the stronger is gear 4 , current gear 4 without advanced haki is at most katakuri level I think
but keep in mind base kaido with no advanced haki wouldn't be a yonko either he would be a low top tier at most
so really he would only mid diff current gear 4

Last edited:

Tyrant MUUGEN

天下無双
Why did Oda write such a stupid weakness to these powers? Like I don’t understand how dumb of an author someone has to be to write some bullshit like this

Why can’t he just write Gear 4th and 5th and make Luffy be able to use them indefinitely? Super saiyan didn’t have time limit? Bijuu Mode initially had time limit which was annoying but I like that it was never mentioned again, Devil Union in Black Clover had a time limit which is also annoying, Bankai didn’t have a time limit

I just wish Oda was a better author and wouldn’t include stupid elements into his story
you sound stupid asf...

imagine having unlimited stamina and haki....

not even whitebeard, rayleigh or garp possess such qualities..

So the story can have some tension left.
If G4 was limitless then the Katakuri or Doffy fights would have been over in a few hits.
Same goes for G5 and G2.
In the end these restrictions will be gone.

Its not worse or better than other limiting factors in shounen that after a while all seem to disappear.
Life force, Mana, Chakra, Nen, w/e. They all start well and become ass later on.

So the story can have some tension left.
If G4 was limitless then the Katakuri or Doffy fights would have been over in a few hits.
Same goes for G5 and G2.
In the end these restrictions will be gone.

Its not worse or better than other limiting factors in shounen that after a while all seem to disappear.
Life force, Mana, Chakra, Nen, w/e. They all start well and become ass later on.
In a way it would have hindered Luffy’s growth in WCI because he wouldn’t need FS to defeat Katakuri

I think the time limit should be longer but oda had to put a limit. If he didn't there would be unlimited haki which would mean unlimited power for characters. G4 20 minutes limit was made for Mingo. If it didn't have that limit it g4 would have made Mingo look like a joke and killed the tension of the fight. G5 time limit was made for kaido as if he could fight at his peak for a long time then he would have easily out lasted kaido on his last legs. Overall oda just should have introduced the power ups a little earlier so that they didn't need harsh time limits. G4 is redundant now as if luffy needs a power with a time limit why not use g5 instead as he gains way more power with a little less time to use it. G4 is now a irrelevant power of luffy as it makes 0 sense to use it. Only why it works for luffy now is if he could use it as long as he needs to in a fight.

The stronger you and your haki gets the stronger is gear 4 , current gear 4 without advanced haki is at most katakuri level I think
but keep in mind base kaido with no advanced haki wouldn't be a yonko either he would be a low top tier at most
so really he would only mid diff current gear 4

Kaido wont be a Yonko? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And I wasn't taking about Haki. I was talking about physical power or the power of theie fists.