Questions & Mysteries What makes Shanks > Mihawk?

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
If mihawk is as strong as a yonko why would thw WG dispose of the warlords ?
Is stupid they would turn a yonko lvl ally into an enemy just because some stupid robot vegapunk could make it doesn't make sense.
Oh so tha fact tha 2 of said warlords are homicidal dictators(one actively searching for a planetary threat and tha other who is tha OP version of Pablo Escobar and has secrects that could topple tha world) are jus ignored huh?

Not to mention that they literally have to be blackmailed to do their part in something they agreed to do when they accepted they positions

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Mihawk fought Shanks pre-yonko which is more than 6 years ago.
Mihawk fought Shanks when Shanks still have both arms 10+ years ago.

Shanks stopped Akainu, while Mihawk get stalled by Vista and clashed with Croc for a moment.
Shanks feat -> have balls to aboard in Moby Dick alone, splitting the sky when he clash with Whitebeard.

Mihawk said to Whitebeard before he sending the slash before blocked by Jozu and Mihawk said "i want to test how big the gap between me and that man" or something like that.
Whitebeard is smiling against Mihawk "slash".
Whitebeard is on the same league as Shanks.

Enough said. Shanks > Mihawk

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper

Shanks stopped Akainu, while Mihawk get stalled by Vista and clashed with Croc for a moment.
Shanks feat -> have balls to aboard in Moby Dick alone, splitting the sky when he clash with Whitebeard.

Mihawk said to Whitebeard before he sending the slash before blocked by Whitebeard "i want to test how big the gap between me and that man" or something like that.

Feats ain't the bible however, and Mihawk has been introduced as WSS even post timeskip, and in general being introduced as WSS pre timeskip would already suffice.

As we know an author doesn't always disclose the full power of a powerhouse, look at Issho.

Only a few ever complain about him being stalled by Sabo, but then a lot of folks complain about Mihawk being stalled by Vista for a much shorter amount of time with Mihawk not even baring looking him eye to eye.

It's all normality. Plot normality.

Mihawk said to Whitebeard before he sending the slash before blocked by Whitebeard "i want to test how big the gap between me and that man" or something like that.

And guess what ! Shanks is a swordsman. Mihawk is the Wss
Mihawk had the title and black blade to hold over shanks . Argue against odas own words

The thing is the title of WSS nullifies all the points in Shanks' favor and I mean canonically.

There are also the speeches where Mihawk stats Shanks would fail to be a match to him on top of it.

These few elements are too important to dismiss Mihawk > Shanks despite Shanks showed something better in peculiar aspects.
imo no, not really. Title is proven by portrayals/feats. And even then, titles are not absolute. WSM is not forever. WSC has PTSD. WSS is no different. And its weird to have more significant feat (effortlessly cold-sweating the strongest marine is imo superior than cutting a huge object) and be called a weaker fighter,

..except if a weaker swordsman doesn't mean a weaker overall fighter.

Matter of perspective. If WSS title > anyone holding a sword, WB and Kaidou will snatch a sword and suddenly get weaker than Mihawk. So it doesn't work. After all, Bisento is classified as a long-hilted sword by some classification, so WB should be WSM and WSS if we want to go there. But apparently the term swordman is much narrower than some want it to, just like the term WSC is less legit than i want it to.

You can always be a weaker swordman to someone, and stronger overall. Depending on what other abilities you possess. Being a weaker swordman than someone in real life? You can beat that real life WSS using a gun. Same as WSS in OP, someone can beat WSS Mihawk if he has stronger "gun".

And also, the most powerful pirate (Yonkou title) > Mihawk, a pirate. So the WSS > any swordman vs Yonkou > any pirate works both ways. Yonkou title alone counters WSS, and having WSC-WSM as your equal boost it even more to the point of surpassing it.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Because Zoro only aims for the title. He doesn't care about strength and etc.:kayneshrug:
Zoro doesn't care about strength???

Lmfao.

I've seen a lot of dumb statements in this very thread, and on the site in general, but this one is up there with the 'best' of them.

I might just have to start making exceptions and ignoring people.

Zoro doesn't care about strength???

Lmfao.

I've seen a lot of dumb statements in this very thread, and on the site in general, but this one is up there with the 'best' of them.

I might just have to start making exceptions and ignoring people.
World's Strongest Swordsman which means the current strongest swordsman with the best swordsmanship. Shanks is a swordsman and used to be Mihawk's rival and Big Mom is a Yonko. Zoro doesn't care about a Yonko for a single bit.:kayneshrug:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
World's Strongest Swordsman which means the current strongest swordsman with the best swordsmanship. Shanks is a swordsman and used to be Mihawk's rival and Big Mom is a Yonko. Zoro doesn't care about a Yonko for a single bit.:kayneshrug:
Yeah but the point is youre saying zoro wants a title even if hes not actually the strongest swordsman. Which is retarded.

So mihawk > BM and shanks then

Hes not going after them because they arent the strongest swordsman. That was the point.
Mihawk >= Shanks right now but Big Mom is a mix of swordsman and devil fruit fighter. And Zoro is a swordsman so he should go for the WSS instead of the Yonko which was the point.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Mihawk >= Shanks right now but Big Mom is a mix of swordsman and devil fruit fighter. And Zoro is a swordsman so he should go for the WSS instead of the Yonko which was the point.
Fujitora is a mix but hes still a swordsman.
Yonko doesnt matter because neither are the strongest. If one of them was hed be after them.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Of course he doesn't care about them since he cares about Mihawk, the guy stronger than them. If Linlin or Shanks were stronger than Mihawk he'd aim for them and care about them.

I still don't understand how you concluded that Zoro, the guy obsessed with becoming stronger, doesn't care about strength lmfao.

J

Jo_Ndule

If mihawk is as strong as a yonko why would thw WG dispose of the warlords ?
Is stupid they would turn a yonko lvl ally into an enemy just because some stupid robot vegapunk could make it doesn't make sense.
They will give you excuses like ...
Oh so tha fact tha 2 of said warlords are homicidal dictators(one actively searching for a planetary threat and tha other who is tha OP version of Pablo Escobar and has secrects that could topple tha world) are jus ignored huh?

Not to mention that they literally have to be blackmailed to do their part in something they agreed to do when they accepted they positions
^^^

Excuses... a yonko level dude got blackmailed lol
He simply wanted free pass to roam the seas and protection

Navy and WG wouldnt let go of Yonko level dude or FA level dude ...they couldn't let Garp go away even tho he was stubborn coz he's powerful.
They still regret Kuzan departure and took a year to replace him.

Last edited by a moderator: