Questions & Mysteries What race are Kuma and Bonney?

Do people think they're an existing race or something new? I've seen a lot of people say Lunarian, but Bonney doesn't have wings or dark skin. Presumably lunarians are originally from the moon, but the One Piece world has multiple moons. Maybe Kuma and Bonney's race is from a different moon? I'd love to hear any theories people have about it.

I don't think Bonney and Kuma are father and daughter by blood. Kuma probably found Bonney, an underprivileged child in Sorbet Kingdom, and took her in. Perhaps he was the one who caused her situation indirectly by being a tyrant in the beginning before seeing the light and thus becoming loving as she remembers him
But Bonney looks exactly like the old queen of Sorbet when she ages herself which would mean that she is her granddaughter, could be either by her mother (more probably) or her father side (which would mean old queen is Kuma's mother). I think this whole tyrant thing was some bullshit WG made up because Kuma rebeled against them, so they can justify exiling him.
As for the race, I doubt he is a Lunarian and it's probably not that important.

Do people think they're an existing race or something new? I've seen a lot of people say Lunarian, but Bonney doesn't have wings or dark skin. Presumably lunarians are originally from the moon, but the One Piece world has multiple moons. Maybe Kuma and Bonney's race is from a different moon? I'd love to hear any theories people have about it.
It never crossed my mind that they’re multiple moons but makes sense

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I don't think Bonney and Kuma are father and daughter by blood. Kuma probably found Bonney, an underprivileged child in Sorbet Kingdom, and took her in. Perhaps he was the one who caused her situation indirectly by being a tyrant in the beginning before seeing the light and thus becoming loving as she remembers him
Oh naaaw, not another adoption story after the Film Red debates..... lmao

Maybe they are just ... humans ?

It's just added out of nowhere I would say. Oda made BM say how many species she was missing. And Lunarian was the last one to know....then he came with new race for Kuma now.

Big Mom said she was missing 3.

We knew in WCI that Giants were one.

In Wano we discovered that lunarians are the other.

We still don't know the third.
Kaido and his horned lackeys are the third. Big Mom is oddly friendly with just Kaido because she desires to have him and his race be part of Totto Land. He’s referred to as not even human multiple times since the start too

Kaido lowkey hates humans and takes pride in being the supreme ruler of Oni, even telling Yamato that humans would only fear her as the Oni Princess and not to care about them

Wano dropped the ball with Lunarian lore and Kaido’s lore and flashback.
:kriwhat:

It's just added out of nowhere I would say. Oda made BM say how many species she was missing. And Lunarian was the last one to know....then he came with new race for Kuma now.
So the 3 are
- Giants
- Lunarians
- what was the last one you mentioned? Skypians? (not all of them have wings tho)

... could possibly be related to Blackbeards race. Marcon already commented, how his body aint normal. So he could have multiple stomachs. Would explain how he can get multiple devilfruit abilities. And why Bonney eats so much