Current Events What reputation was the most damaged? Garp or Kuzan?

What reputation was the most damaged?

• Total voters
Garp

Disappointed:
-DC = being paralleled with Coby is brutal. Almost felt Don Sai, King's punch level in scale, nothing too impressive here.
I'm not sure if he disappointed in endurance, majority of this fight was offpanel and he seemed to have taken many many hits, plus he's not a logia so I don't expect him to brush off attacks as easily to begin with.
Shined:
-Speed = He absolutely shit on Old WB in this department. Getting whatever he wanted off against a much younger Kuzan, WB couldn't touch the Admirals.

Kuzan

Disappointed:
-Reaction speed = He was getting tagged far too easily. I expected better from him, but he may have been faltering as pointed out by Garp multiple times.
Shined:
-Striking/punching power = This came out of absolutely left field, no one could have guessed he would be about even in a fistfight against Dfless legend Garp the Fist.

This fight simply suffered from off-panel piece. Both Garp and Kuzan suffered a bit from that. Garp in his endurance, an illusion that he took like 4 attacks total. Kuzan in his ability to land and do damage. We know off panel these things happened, but Oda didn't bother showing them.

The biggest takeaways: Old Garp can gain the upperhand against Kuzan, but ultimately a Kuzan that is not going all out, will still handle him. (This is reminiscent of Smoker vs Vergo in that sense, with Garp being Smoker in this situation).

Worth pointing out Garp could not deal with the commanders nearly as well as Aokiji could. I didn't list this as a disappointment because I didn't expect him to deal with them as easy as an Ice Logia Aokiji to begin with, but he was still a tad underwhelming there. Drunk Kuzan neg diffs 90% of them by simply raising his voice, Garp could have taken atleast 1 down with him.

Conclusion:

If you factor in Kuzan wavering, and being extremely conservative with his fighting style, he came out looking absolutely monstrous. As no one expected Kuzan to be on par with Garp in a fist fight heading into this, his bread and butter should not be strictly a fistfight and he was being soft. Then it would be Garp who disappointed more here.

If you ignore Kuzan wavering, and also believe this was him fighting to his full capabilities (that he drops his df and becomes a boxer only). Then he didn't come out looking as great, even if he was able to box with Garp, because one too many times was he shown at the mercy of Garp on panel. Even if this means he still defeats Garp, my expectations for him are far too high for this.
I just want to tell you that I appreciate such a well discussed post, unbiased and just enjoyable to read.

Tbh, Garp had no chance of winning even if Kuzan was alone, tho having few commanders made his job much easier by not using his full strength nor get as much injured as he might have been if he went 1v1 against Garp.

On topic I don’t see their reputation is damaged on the contrary each got a W from this encounter in some way.

I expected a bit more from Garp but what he did was good too, maybe dedicate it a bit more space even if it is difficult at this point. Aokiji was fine too. Yet I can guess what the general expectations were and how much they were betrayed, the poll can talk on its own.

What? Kuzan? The one who was portrayed equal to the pirate king's equal in body strength and haki?

He had not much active hype, but he was holding back all the time. And his passive strength portrayal is beyond insane, basically confirmed Kuzan to be the second strongest character in One Piece (one of the very strongest DF fighter + on top Garp level strength and Haki, like wtf was Oda thinking).

What? Kuzan? The one who was portrayed equal to the pirate king's equal in body strength and haki?

He had not much active hype, but he was holding back all the time. And his passive strength portrayal is beyond insane, basically confirmed Kuzan to be the second strongest character in One Piece (one of the very strongest DF fighter + on top Garp level strength and Haki, like wtf was Oda thinking).
lmao?????

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Prime Garp > Kuzan > Old Garp which is fine, as expected.
The one who's stocks took the most hit was the BBP riffraff.
Only Shiryu was highlighted among that group, the rest are Mid Trio & Weak Trio fights.

Neither's reputation was ruined, omg y'all are annoying. Garp took on a Yonko Crew mostly by himself and Aokiji is shown to be comparable to Garp physically and shrug off his attacks, without his DF.

Worst reputation now are the new additions of the BB crew. Sanjuan and Vasco are 100% being treated as future 2-3 chapter max fight fodder opponents for the Strawhats, big RIP.

Neither's reputation was ruined, omg y'all are annoying. Garp took on a Yonko Crew mostly by himself and Aokiji is shown to be comparable to Garp physically and shrug off his attacks, without his DF.

Worst reputation now are the new additions of the BB crew. Sanjuan and Vasco are 100% being treated as future 2-3 chapter max fight fodder opponents for the Strawhats, big RIP.
It's Worstgen, being overly negative (and a tad disingenuous) is what we do :ihaha:

Kuzan...
I doubt oda will even be able to redeem him for his decision to join BBPs tbh.... Given how shit they are...
Atleast could have joined kaido..
All we saw him doing is whatever BB is telling him to.... But the way BB recruited him rather become his partner pretty much felt like he would do his own thing

Garp stocks have done nothing but skyrocket.

His protege just pulled off one of the biggest feats in the manga, using a variant of his attack, and he isn't even a fraction as strong as Prime Garp was.

The it took the combined efforts of a former Admiral and Blackbeards top commanders, to take down a 78 year old, way past his prime, man.

Garp fans eating good.