Speculations What Shimotsuki Zoro means

Zoro is a Shimotsuki?

• Yes

Votes: 88 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.3%

• Total voters
I was talking about this earlier this year. Shimotsuki is not just a throwaway lineage for Zoro. It might be possible on the off chance there's much greater things about to be revealed with this. The reason I am confident Zoro is a Shimotsuki is earlier in Wano, Oda had Kawamatsu say Shimotsuki were known for their toughness. As we know Zoro is tough and always endured severe hardship and moved onto to the next mission/obstacle. For ex, Mihawk slash before AP, Kuma Pain before Sabaody, now Hakai before King fight.

Oda also had some plot lines set up for the ending of Wano (which imo should include with Worldwide events and Zoros past). He mentioned starting with Zoros interest in visiting Ryuma's grave to pay respects. Also
  • Shimotsuki Ushimaru has the silhouette of Zoro.
  • Shimotsuki Ryuma has the silhouette and parallel of Zoro.
  • Shimotsuki Yasuie is who Zoro rolled around with in Wano.
  • Ringo is where Ryuma's grave is.
  • Ringo is where Ushimaru and Gyukimaru ruled as Daimyo and partner.
  • Ringo I forgot if that’s where Enma was given to Zoro by Hiyori.
  • Tenguyama Hitetsu is holding Nidai Kitetsu for someone. Oda/Luffy teased Zoro with Nidai Kitetsu.
We know how much Oda respects and treats Zoro's character.

1. Fight Hawkins
  2. Fight Killer
  3. Fight Denjiro
  4. Receive Enma
  5. Meet Hiyori, daughter of Oden
  6. Fight Apoo
  7. Fight at Rooftop with Next Gen
  8. CoC
  9. Scar Kaido
  10. Endure Hakai
  11. Cut Fire
  12. Fight King
  13. etc ongoing

We received a glimpse of Zoro's past early in the story when he was 7 or 8. Just like Luffy, we didn't know much before that or how he even ended up in the East Blue. But being a Shimotsuki/Kozuki allots people with a different king of life compared to other people. Why would Oda wait 1000 chapters to reveal more about the backgrounds of the second most important character in One Piece, and the most discussed/debated character in One Piece.

Like I've said earlier...

Zoro will be revealed a Will of D Clan member by the end of Wano. Yasuie was not a Pleasurer and therefore unaffected by smiles. Guess how he died? Yasuie was a Shimotsuki. Shimotsuki means Frost Moon or Month of Frost. Zoro was born in the month of November, or the month of the Frost Moon

The Kozuki clan has important ties to the moon as well. Apologies for my ignorance, and this part is not from me, rather someone on Reddit. But the ending Tsuki means moon. The samurai of Wano awaited the Kozuki clan. They adorned themselves with a Crescent moon on their Ankles.

We know that the Will of D Members die with a smile. We know the lives of Will of D members are checkered. For example Law, Luffy, and Blackbeard's former past were tough. Law and Luffy were raised without parents for the majority of their lives and sought Piracy as a way to search freedom.

Momo exhibits traits just as they have. Since he was thrusted into calamity after calamity even partaking as a General in a Massive War for his country. I am under the assumption the Shimotsuki and Kozuki are Will of D clans or Sister clans related to the D Clan. Oden died with a smile, Yasu died with a smile, and Momo has had a checkered life.
The fight with Ryuma, defeat, and receiving Shusui was a passing of the torch of some kind. The time Zoro spent with Shimotsuki Yasuie and the bond they formed was for Zoro to spend some time with his "extended" family. Then Oda had it taken all away with Yasu's execution giving Zoro personal reasons to fight Kaido or anyone that gets in his path in freeing Wano.

Oda wouldn't create these important plot lines on a whim.

And some more reasons I made earlier this year.....

Thoughts on Zoro and the Shimotsuki being Will of D members?

"In certain places, the clan of D. have been called by another name, God's Archenemy."

Sengoku said members of the Will of D live under a checkered fate.
Will of D ~ Dawn bringers and turn the world upside down.

Zoro
  • Whiskey Peaks, 100 bounty hunters defeated by One man under the Crescent Moon
  • Zoro's kimono in Wano rising sun
  • Zoro not believing in God
  • Asura is a manifested Devil/Demon like Power
  • Zoro wants his name to reach the Heavens
  • Ryuma's name is echoed throughout all of Wano and was enough to make Akainu hesitant about entering Wano
    • Other marines and WG didn't enter Wano for centuries until now
    • Ryuma essentially protected Wano from the World Government while he lived, enough to spread fear that would reverberate centuries even after his death.

"Those who bear the "D." in their name seem to be able to withstand an incredible degree of punishment in battle and only surrender to death when they know it is truly unavoidable."
- This is another segment from the wiki, don't know if its within canon, it's most likely an analysis/summary of the D. But Zoro fits this narrative to the T.

Another thing is the smile.
  • Ace died with a smile
  • Roger died with a smile.
  • Yasu died with a smile.
  • Saul died with a smile.
  • Luffy about to die from Buggy smiled
  • Zoro about to die from Arlong smiled
Anyways, didn't find time to add more information on this thread, if I do I will. But I hope to find out more stuff hopefully by the end.

Would you guys like him to be a Shimotsuki or a Second Ryuma? Thoughts?

@ShadowStyle369 @TheKnightOfTheSea @bennbeckman @Seth @Jew D. Boy @nik87 @Luffydom56 @zzShinichi @Sword God Ryuma @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @The White Crane @Daikenki @Thururuzao @ArdynIzunia @Fenaker @Marimo_420 @mly90 @Guan Yu @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Luffy bin Dragon @LuffyMazino @Patapujuro @Orojackson Refugee @Peroroncino @etc

Last edited:

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Zoro is definitely a shimotsuki its pretty clear at this point, the parallels were there since thriller bark with zoro and ryuma looking alike and brook saying they have the same kind of strength.
But what that will mean for zoro is that him being a shimotsuki is what will lead him to rally the samurai like he said he would.
And being in a leadership position will portray how he is a conqueror just like luffy.

Last edited:
I was talking about this earlier this year. Shimotsuki is not just a throwaway lineage for Zoro. It might be possible on the off chance there's much greater things about to be revealed with this. The reason I am confident Zoro is a Shimotsuki is earlier in Wano, Oda had Kawamatsu say Shimotsuki were known for their toughness. As we know Zoro is tough and always endured severe hardship and moved onto to the next mission/obstacle. For ex, Mihawk slash before AP, Kuma Pain before Sabaody, now Hakai before King fight.

Oda also had some plot lines set up for the ending of Wano (which imo should include with Worldwide events and Zoros past). He mentioned starting with Zoros interest in visiting Ryuma's grave to pay respects. Also
  • Tenguyama Hitetsu is holding Nidai Kitetsu for someone. Oda/Luffy teased Zoro with Nidai Kitetsu.

1. Fight Hawkins
  2. Fight Killer
  3. Fight Denjiro
  4. Receive Enma
  6. Fight Apoo
  8. CoC
  9. Scar Kaido
  10. Endure Hakai
  11. Cut Fire
  12. Fight King
  13. etc ongoing

We received a glimpse of Zoro's past early in the story when he was 7 or 8. Just like Luffy, we didn't know much before that or how he even ended up in the East Blue. But being a Shimotsuki/Kozuki allots people with a different king of life compared to other people. Why would Oda wait 1000 chapters to reveal more about the backgrounds of the second most important character in One Piece, and the most discussed/debated character in One Piece.

The fight with Ryuma, defeat, and receiving Shusui was a passing of the torch of some kind. The time Zoro spent with Shimotsuki Yasuie and the bond they formed was for Zoro to spend some time with his "extended" family. Then Oda had it taken all away with Yasu's execution giving Zoro personal reasons to fight Kaido or anyone that gets in his path in freeing Wano.

Anyways, didn't find time to add more information on this thread, if I do I will. But I hope to find out more stuff hopefully by the end.

@ShadowStyle369 @TheKnightOfTheSea @bennbeckman @Seth @Jew D. Boy @nik87 @Luffydom56 @zzShinichi @Sword God Ryuma @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @The White Crane @Daikenki @Thururuzao @ArdynIzunia @Fenaker @Marimo_420 @mly90 @Guan Yu @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Luffy bin Dragon @LuffyMazino @Patapujuro @Orojackson Refugee @Peroroncino @etc
Him being the second coming of Ryuma is guaranteed, but I still doubt he is a direct descendant of Shimotsuki (or at least Ushimaru's). Otherwise, Gyukimaru would have recognized him outright. It doesn't make sense for Kawamatsu and Hyo to notice the resemblance whereas Gyuki, who spent all his life with Ushimaru, pretty much did not notice the resemblance for even a yontosecond. Kinda fishy here. :bamathink:

I think it makes more sense to assume Zoro is the will carrier of the Shimotsukis than being an actual Shimo. Kinda like Luffy resembles Roger but is not related to him by blood.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

1. Fight Hawkins
  2. Fight Killer
  3. Fight Denjiro
  4. Receive Enma
  6. Fight Apoo
  8. CoC
  9. Scar Kaido
  10. Endure Hakai
  11. Cut Fire
  12. Fight King
  13. etc ongoing

What Shimotsuki Zoro means?

Fucking Shimotsuki bounty poster.

Fucking Zoro getting dumped as Wano protector EoS and protecting this retards like Momo and Scabbards cuz they wouldn't beat Commanders without Oden sama flashback power up.

Fucking connection to Wano people.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

What Shimotsuki Zoro means?

Fucking Shimotsuki bounty poster.

Fucking Zoro getting dumped as Wano protector EoS and protecting this retards like Momo and Scabbards cuz they wouldn't beat Commanders without Oden sama flashback power up.

Fucking connection to Wano people.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
OH SHIT
That’s fucking hype
Shimotsuki Zoro bounty poster

WG gonna have Vietnam Flashbacks of Ryuma

B

Ballel

I'm still not sure about Zoro being a Shimotsuki via Ushimaru, via Ryuma only or no Shimotsuki at all.

But this part is insane by itself:
Ryuma's name is echoed throughout all of Wano and was enough to make Akainu hesitant about entering Wano
  • Other marines and WG didn't enter Wano for centuries until now
  • Ryuma essentially protected Wano from the World Government while he lived, enough to spread fear that would reverberate centuries even after his death.
Ryuma hype will never die no matter if or how Zoro is related to him. This man was a monster, single handedly protecting his country from these WG bastards and making them shit their bitchass fake astronaut pants for centuries to come.

Now I want a Ryuma spinoff.

:christnally::christnally::christnally:

I'm still not sure about Zoro being a Shimotsuki via Ushimaru, via Ryuma only or no Shimotsuki at all.

But this part is insane by itself:
Ryuma hype will never die no matter if or how Zoro is related to him. This man was a monster, single handedly protecting his country from these WG bastards and making them shit their bitchass fake astronaut pants for centuries to come.

Now I want a Ryuma spinoff.

:christnally::christnally::christnally:
I’ve thought about it as well.
And Ryuma did not have his eye scar in Monsters. He was a happy go lucky samurai.

The transition must’ve have happened once he realized he was the absolute strongest samurai of Wano. And then navy and WG starts invading. And he realizes that he needs to protect wano. So could forge his sword black in those battles against admirals or cipher pol

I am excited to know more about Zoro's backstory. His initial backstory is still sad but nothing compared to other characters's and their stories.

I don't think being related to Ryuma negates all of Zoro's feats because he still had to train. As far as we know, no one told him as a child that he is a direct descendant of a sword god, time to learn the way of the sword.
Nice I feel the same way