Speculations What Shimotsuki Zoro means

Zoro is a Shimotsuki?

• Yes

Votes: 88 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.3%

• Total voters
i doubt that Zoro is a Shimotsuki.. and unlike Vinsmoke, Shimotsuki name seems like to not having an influence outside of Wano and maybe on the outside only few people know that name.. so changing that name would means nothing.

B

Ballel

Zoro is actually a amatsuki from the void century , he's the son of Ryuma and Koto ( toki's sister who she hinerited the fruit from) who traveled to the future to make sure Ryuma's wish will be fulfilled
Post automatically merged:

Ryuma, Ushimaru and Zoro are actually all the same person in a time loop
:smart::smart:

Zoro is actually a amatsuki from the void century , he's the son of Ryuma and Koto ( toki's sister who she hinerited the fruit from) who traveled to the future to make sure Ryuma's wish will be fulfilled

Ryuma, Ushimaru and Zoro are actually all the same person in a time loop
Da Fuk

I don't really care about the D clan in relation to Zoro or the Shimotsuki tbh, BUT they obviously could be D members. Everything we know about the D clan so far fits the Shimotsuki.
Look at Ryuma. We know that Ryuma SINGLEHANDEDLY kept the ENTIRE WG out of Wano while he was alive. The D clan is the enemy of the gods (celestials). So a man that is a one man army opposing the world government obviously fits into the D clan.

Anyways, D clan aside, I am 100% certain Zoro is a Shimotsuki and that it will hold some relevance within Wano.
At the very least I expect Gyukimaru and the Yakuza bosses to bow to Zoro or smth similar as Yasuie, a Shimotsuki, was the respected boss of all of them and a generally supremely respected figure in Wano.

Is Zoro the second Ryuma? 100% as well.
Ryuma literally looks like Zoro with black hair. They look 100% the same. Literal twins. They're even both confirmed to be one eyed swordsmen with the newest chapter.
Also Oda was saying in a magazine before that after Zoro received Shusui from Ryuma, a new legend of slaying an EASTERN DRAGON may be forged.
And ofc there is also the infamous line of "May a person that people call the second Ryuma have already been born?" in one of the magazines.

Historically speaking Zoro holds comparable weight in this country to Momo right now tbh. Generally I would say the Shimotsuki are more important because of Ryuma specifically, Ryuma is the man that made Wano survive at all. But obviously with the more recent historical context the Kozuki are at the center of the conflict.

And another thing that will definitely be very important imo.
Hyogoro is the one that points out Zoros similarities to Ushimaru and Ryuma. The same Hyogoro that is the respected Yakuza boss that has command over pretty much all the samurai in Wano right now. If anyone can make the people INSTANTLY believe in Zoros importance, it is Hyogoro.
So I believe Hyogoro will somehow tell the samurai that Zoro is the heir of the Shimotsuki and all the samurai will instantly accept Zoro as their authority/lord for the battle.
Zoro doesn't seem to try and seize command, like he said back on Zou, so I think someone else, Hyogoro, will give him that command.

Quality content as always bro. I honestly only use WG when I got an alert that you tagged me xD

I don't really care about the D clan in relation to Zoro or the Shimotsuki tbh, BUT they obviously could be D members. Everything we know about the D clan so far fits the Shimotsuki.
Look at Ryuma. We know that Ryuma SINGLEHANDEDLY kept the ENTIRE WG out of Wano while he was alive. The D clan is the enemy of the gods (celestials). So a man that is a one man army opposing the world government obviously fits into the D clan.

Anyways, D clan aside, I am 100% certain Zoro is a Shimotsuki and that it will hold some relevance within Wano.
At the very least I expect Gyukimaru and the Yakuza bosses to bow to Zoro or smth similar as Yasuie, a Shimotsuki, was the respected boss of all of them and a generally supremely respected figure in Wano.

Ryuma literally looks like Zoro with black hair. They look 100% the same. Literal twins. They're even both confirmed to be one eyed swordsmen with the newest chapter.
Also Oda was saying in a magazine before that after Zoro received Shusui from Ryuma, a new legend of slaying an EASTERN DRAGON may be forged.
And ofc there is also the infamous line of "May a person that people call the second Ryuma have already been born?" in one of the magazines.

Historically speaking Zoro holds comparable weight in this country to Momo right now tbh. Generally I would say the Shimotsuki are more important because of Ryuma specifically, Ryuma is the man that made Wano survive at all. But obviously with the more recent historical context the Kozuki are at the center of the conflict.

Hyogoro is the one that points out Zoros similarities to Ushimaru and Ryuma. The same Hyogoro that is the respected Yakuza boss that has command over pretty much all the samurai in Wano right now. If anyone can make the people INSTANTLY believe in Zoros importance, it is Hyogoro.
So I believe Hyogoro will somehow tell the samurai that Zoro is the heir of the Shimotsuki and all the samurai will instantly accept Zoro as their authority/lord for the battle.
Zoro doesn't seem to try and seize command, like he said back on Zou, so I think someone else, Hyogoro, will give him that command.

Quality content as always bro. I honestly only use WG when I got an alert that you tagged me xD
Awesome post my guy. Appreciate as well. And yeh Hyuogoro could give immediate clout to Zoro. Maybe it’s towards the end where the samurai give Luffy and Zoro their props/bows and where Zoro’s promise of rounded up the samurai

That was... Quite a good post ngl. You could make very good theories.

I honestly hope he isn't connected to them by blood, it would kinda diminish the uniqueness of Zoro

It would be like he has great ambition, power, presence and charisma because it just runs in the family (if Zoro was a shimutsuki born in Wano)

But I really like that Zoro is being compared to those names because it reflects what he would be remembered as in the future when he accomplishes his dream

By the way anyone read Sandman latest comment on VIZ translation? Can't believe it missed out Ryuma being called Dai-Kengou which is exactly what Zoro is trying to achieve!

Bruh how such an important story-wise reference being left out

Last edited:
Isn't Luffy similar to young Roger? And they aren't blood related. Ace wasn't similar to Roger despite being his son. Dragon doesn't look like Garp and neither of them like Luffy.

Zoro is not Shimotsuki.

I honestly hope he isn't connected to them by blood, it would kinda diminish the uniqueness of Zoro

It would be like he has great ambition, power, presence and charisma because it just runs in the family (if Zoro was a shimutsuki born in Wano)
I understand your concern.
The shimotsuki family is a bit different from the monkey d. clan or even the germa kingdom, in the sense that the shimotskuis have been considered a thing of the past with no relevancy in wano after Kaido has taken over the kingdom. They exist merely as legends and folklores, but no real influence in the current wano. On the flip side, the monkey d clan has overwhelming influence in both the marine and the revolutionary army, whereas the germa controls the north blue.

Zoro being discovered as a shimotsuki will depict the story of a fallen noble warrior, who along with his lofty ambition of being the WSS, also has to redeem and revive the once powerful status of his own family. This contrast greatly with that of luffy or sanji, whose family are already well-established in the current time.