Questions & Mysteries What's up with Maschenny and Jinsung?

Did Maschenny set Jinsung up to die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
In Season 3 Episode 100, Maschenny was shown on (the lowest Floor of) Cheonhee's Floating Ship:

It's then revealed that she was keeping Jinsung trapped in a golden ball. She tells him that Baam agreed to be trapped in his place:

Then says that they should talk about what Jinsung needs to do for Baam:

In Season 3 Episode 108, we find out that Jinsung is guarding the entrance to the Nest:

I have a couple pertinent questions here:
  1. Why did Maschenny ask Jinsung to guard the entrance to the Nest? This is actually two questions:
    1. Why guard the entrance of the Nest?
    2. Why Jinsung?
  2. Why is Jinsung doing Maschenny's bidding?
    • She shouldn't have any leverage over him right now.
      • With Baam in the Suspendium, he's beyond even Maschenny's reach.
    • Guarding the entrance to the Nest offers no assistance against Traumerei.

I don't know enough about the second to attempt to answer it. In the first place, we don't even know what Jinsung knows about the current situation. Presumably, Maschenny briefed him about Traumerei's impending arrival, but even that is not clear. And even if we take it for granted that she did, I see no way for guarding the entrance to the Nest to help Baam against Traumerei.

More to the point, Jinsung's actions aren't actually helping Baam in the slightest. The Teleporter on top of the Frozen Waterfall requires an entire year of preheating:

So unless Baam breaks out of the Frozen Waterfall himself, no one will be able to get to him for at least one year. Guarding the entrance to the Frozen Watefall doesn't buy Baam any time. It doesn't make his escape easier. The only benefit from Jinsung's actions is to Maschenny. By keeping the Lo Po Bia outside the Nest, Maschenny can continue to hide her flagrant treason. Jinsung's actions prevent them from making it to the Teleporter Ship and realising that the Princess doesn't actually have the Irregular captured.

So why is Jinsung doing Maschenny's bidding?

For the first question, I think I've already hinted at my answer.

Maschenny needs more time before her treason is exposed. She doesn't want to reveal her hand yet. I think she wants Baam to at least return from the Frozen Waterfall and chat with them again before the Lo Po Bia interrupt them. If Maschenny was actually hoping to receive an item from the Suspendium, that would be when Baam hands it over to her.

As for why she chose Jinsung in particular, I see two main reasons:

1. Maschenny doesn't want to reveal her (or the Khun Family's) betrayal yet, so she couldn't guard it herself or ask Asensio to do it. Jinsung was the only card available that she could play.

2. Maschenny was setting up Jinsung to die to the Lo Po Bia or Traumerei.

Didnt she indicate her betrayal by releasing Jinsung?
Owl and family head are dumb that they dont understand why Jinsung is free and at the gate?

We need to wait to find out what is going on.

I think Yas will help Yama and they will stand up against family head.

Not related but the story is more coherent in ToG, but when it comes to One Piece... ughhhh,
Oda need to learn from SIU.