Character Discussion What's your expectations for Monkey D. Dragon?

1. Ex Naval Admiral.
Yes, I know most believe him to have been the White admirals but I say perhaps the orange one. It fits with yellow, orange, red and we recently had the Orange revolution in Ukraine where Oda might draw inspiration from.
(Or, upon googling, White revolution of Iran that perhaps fits even better)

2. Interesting past with a previous king and queen turned revolutionaries
Conney/Bonney, Kuma, Ivankov.
3. Powerful devil fruit
Wind or weather
4. Observation haki like Enel but can look over an entire ocean at once (like all of the east blue)
I like this idea! Perhaps possible if he indeed possesses the wind logia utilizing the fruits reach to it's max just like Enel did with lightning
Wrote under yours in bold

Last edited:
I have extremely high expectations for him. He's the world's most wanted man, the son of Garp the Hero, and the father of the main character. He should have the highest bounty in the series and be one of the strongest characters in the series,

Dragon is going to be the Next Oden/Roger type character.

- Mysterious spouse/ Similar Backstory and abilities spouse
- Famous Lineage
- Famous/Similar powered children
- Dies/ Followers and descendent "inherit will"

In other words a disappointment. I think Oda will botcher Dragons character worse than Oden and Roger will also be share the same fate.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
None. Literally.

This character became so fucking irrelevant to me over the course of the story ( I read for 11 years now ) that I strictly don't have any "what I want" from him.

At some point I even briefly forgot about his existence. Nail to the coffin was the moment when I realized that he was drinking tea with Sanji's trans party while his commanders were invading Mariejois solo in act to get Kuma back

hype tool for im n gorosei?
or competent leader who can united WG enemy into single banner?
or maybe oda just forgot about him and offscreened his fight
remember jack everyone :kata:

Power-level : Top 5/6
Abilities : Wind Logia + Ryusoken
What's next for him : seen in Mariejois , targeting the Gorosei

( EOS stuff )
- fighting Kong
- fighting Imu with Luffy
- become the New Government's leader

I hope he fights in first person at the final war. His figure has been portrayed as the one a leader who commanded orders but he also took action in Logue Town, saving Luffy in the process. I bear high expectations on the man personally.
i can imagine for Dragon, Garp and Luffy, the trio Monkey D. who have different backgrounds (Revo, Marines, Pirate) teaming up to fight the final boss (maybe Im) as fans service from Oda lmao (similar with rooftop supernova)

Aside his backstory revealed and One Piece lore not much, stalling Akainu in the final war until he dies or Luffy comes in.. I had hopes for his character but he's doing nothing himself, i gave up on Dragon just like captain Mid..

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
i can imagine for Dragon, Garp and Luffy, the trio Monkey D. who have different backgrounds (Revo, Marines, Pirate) teaming up to fight the final boss (maybe Im) as fans service from Oda lmao (similar with rooftop supernova)
I hope the Grandmaster will at least have the chance to fight Luffy next to see who the very very strongest is.

I would not dislike if Luffy and Zoro teamed up against Im sama either. 🤔

I hope he is a morally ambyguos character like Fisher Tiger. And that he would have a not easy relationship with Luffy. Not because Luffy hates him (he never neeeded a dad) but just because they have different personalities

I'm definitely hyped for Dragon.
We are somewhat close to the end game and we have already seen what top tiers are capable of.
I think if Oda were to reveal Dragon back in pre-ts days and showcase his strength then it would have been more impressive since the Shs were a lot weaker.