Current Events When did Sanji awoke his Exoskeleton (And did it not affect DJ?)

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
The probable scenario is the one I mentioned about something Susanoo-like, that would overall grant Sanji the durability he necessitates and all be constituent part of his body without far fetched scenario of metals somehow coming off his body. πŸ€”

Judge being the kind of person he is might very well mix the DNA of a Lunarian in Sanji's. Or he could also be a Lunarian himself since he's call Garuda but he doesn't have wings or doesn't have fire related powers. None of the other siblings have shown fire traits either. It does raise a lot of questions but no answer.
whats pretty sus is the fact that oda has hidden Judge's eyebrows.. COMPLETELY

when it shouldn't be a big deal if one assumes he has curly brows which his offsprings inherited..
Post automatically merged:

The probable scenario is the one I mentioned about something Susanoo-like, that would overall grant Sanji the durability he necessitates and all be constituent part of his body without far fetched scenario of metals somehow coming off his body. πŸ€”
but then we face a dichotomy when it comes to fire based attacks and judge wanting him to be emotionless

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
but then we face a dichotomy when it comes to fire based attacks and judge wanting him to be emotionless
Not necessarily paradoxically imo. After all Sanji will most likely keep be considered a failure by his father no matter what his body is made of since in the first place Oda will still probably not allow him to become emotionless.

I was about to make this a concise post on Sanji FC, but thought why not include opinions comprehensively..

So sanji has been feeling weird for a darn while now, When do yall assume sanji awoke his modification ..?

The last time we saw him wearing it was against King.. but then he claimed he started feeling weird around the second time he used it.. so wouldn't it make sense that Sanji was slowly morphing into his current exoskeleton form in the days after he wore it the 2nd time?

If that's the case.. then technically he should have a partially built exoskeleton until this chapter..

Could it be that what deterred King from piercing sanji's RS ... was actually his partial steel skin underneath..?

It would also make sense why he wouldn't bring it up until zoro noticed him grunting after dodging Queen.

This is pivotal since then we'll have to converse about how it has affected DJ or it hasn't at all as it would seem

tags: @Chrono @Zoro D Goat @Vinsmoke D. Zolo @rerere @solis @Kagura @Arrow @Chaves @Kyou @Doggo @Lunaria @Hedfi @solis @zorji ..etc
If Sanji had the Exoskeleton already before the last chapter, BM would have broke her fists when she punched him and wouldn't be able to damage him at all.
Even the black teeth guy and the girl made Sanji bleed. You think they would be able to do that, when even Queen with his sword couldn't do it?

So no, Sanji got the exoskeleton when he got his bones broken by Queen.

If Sanji had the Exoskeleton already before the last chapter, BM would have broke her fists when she punched him and wouldn't be able to damage him at all.
Even the black teeth guy and the girl made Sanji bleed. You think they would be able to do that, when even Queen with his sword couldn't do it?

So no, Sanji got the exoskeleton when he got his bones broken by Queen.
what about the recent Chapter itself when he says something defo is up with his body

Imo the Exoskeleton just took time to fully develop and it did so right around or during that Snake attack from Queen.
All kinds of feats do not make one bit of sense otherwise, like him getting beat up by black tooth and BM and getting damaged by that "flying pan" punch, which is not really a uber powerful attack.

Oda prolly knew what he did when he made him dodge Queen's sword swing during "flying pan", but then lets him facetank an arguably more powerful swing later on, when we got to know the Exoskeleton is officially here.
Really looks like it fully came to fruiton at the end of 1028. The next chapters will clear up any confusion anyway, cause dialogues, new Exo attack power feats and because the weird feeling might be gone now.

W

Wonderful World

Well, based on what Sanji said, I would think the actual process started shortly after the 2nd time he put it on.

Though some of what KOL says might be out there, I'd like to think the idea of him bleeding all over it may have expedited the awakening process.

I think him getting hit repeatedly earlier also helped to "temper" his body as well. The exoskeleton fully awakening appears to have happened after Queen caught him, though. As to how powerful it is, it should all be clarified in the next couple of chapters. I'm guessing his will be better than his siblings, but until this is proven, I'd say it's the same level for now.

I'm assuming DJ will be more powerful, but we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily paradoxically imo. After all Sanji will most likely keep be considered a failure by his father no matter what his body is made of since in the first place Oda will still probably not allow him to become emotionless.
duh not like a universal anomaly kinda thing but just ironic generally given what we know of DJ.. and this is shown through other characters as well..
for eg : When hanyabal was being desperately persistent, Invisible after he drew blood.

they show emotional reactions.

Well, based on what Sanji said, I would think the actual process started shortly after the 2nd time he put it on.

Though some of what KOL says might be out there, I'd like to think the idea of him bleeding all over it may have expedited the unlocking process.

I think him getting hit repeatedly earlier also helped to "temper" his body as well. The exoskeleton fully awakening appears to have happened after Queen caught him, though. As to how powerful it is, it should all be clarified in the next couple of chapters. I'm guessing his will be better than his siblings, but until this is proven, I'd say it's the same level for now.
it would be a good development on his end if he turns out to be the the ideal result of all the siblings's genetic modifications yea surely .. but its very odd that if such modifications didn't affect his DJ if we assume it was one of them

But then it make sense about a very recent opinion i held that it was only his Exo skeleton and regen that got awakened not every one of his genetic modifications

But that wouldn't make sense either since ( irony ik) since if 2 major modifications that his sibling had simultaneously awoken with other modifications then what hindered others for sanji? they should be awakened in theory.

We come back full circle to why his DJ wasn't an indicator to his modification directly rather than it needed oda to point it out through zoro.

if it was one of the modifications installed into him ofc

Last edited:
Dude, stop to searching logic in One Piece. There isn't any. He literally got beated by Black Maria, no fucking exoskeleton. He then got crushed by Queen. And BOOM! Out of nowhere he received the worst DEUS EX MACHINA in One Piece. Even worst that Zoro magic pill and Luffy magic meat(or Brook magic milk and people magic bandages).

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
duh not like a universal anomaly kinda thing but just ironic generally given what we know of DJ.. and this is shown through other characters as well..
for eg : When hanyabal was being desperately persistent, Invisible after he drew blood.

they show emotional reactions.
You mean the Germa? I recall Reiju wasn't completely emotionless. πŸ€”

You mean the Germa? I recall Reiju wasn't completely emotionless. πŸ€”
she wasn't coded to be, unlike sanji and his bros.. in contrast,she was augmented to obey Judge without fail

Dude, stop to searching logic in One Piece. There isn't any. He literally got beated by Black Maria, no fucking exoskeleton. He then got crushed by Queen. And BOOM! Out of nowhere he received the worst DEUS EX MACHINA in One Piece. Even worst that Zoro magic pill and Luffy magic meat(or Brook magic milk and people magic bandages).
He literally stated somethings up with his body this chapter as well after Queen threw him a distance.. and it dealt him little to nothing.. you can't certainly say it was after Queen.. he was never stated to be feeling as weird as he wad in the live floor against BM.

And no One piece has logical patterns and we have seen throughout the story that logic (for the sake of plot comprehension snd explanation) is key..

And nah sanji's exoskeleton was an uncalled-for power up that not suited for Sanji's needs atm.. but it was hinted to a highly justified narrative wise compared to Senzu bean which came out of nowhere but Oda had to push the plot regarding zoro an his potential ancestors lore forward.

and logical contradictions don't make narrative more appealing but to the contrary discrepancies and loose-ends make it more insufferable for the reader's comprehension than making them more curious about it.

Last edited:
Yep that is my entire point. It does seem that Oda will probably pull something off his cylinder and portray some escaping pathway, like a hole in the code, a cheat lol.
Sanji asks Ussop and Franky to jailbreak his mechanisms LOL

but yea i considered the possibility of oda just exposing certain modification and deeming others recessive..

but when you consider that fact that his siblings got their complete set of modifications simultaneously with the exoskeleton.. its just whimsical to suggest that the rest of the traits modified into sanji are recessive..

that just means he has all the modifications yet DJ hasn't been directly affected or was a reference point for the progression of the modifications in sanji's body.. which oda had zoro point out and not make DJ indicate the change or alteration in sanji..

it actually becomes a paradox further on ironically like you suggested it won't lol

if DJ is modified into sanji.. then why hasn't DJ changed with his body and again oda having zoro point it out.

but if its not modified into sanji via lunarian DNA then he innately has DJ? meaning either sora or judge.. are Lunarians? which they don't seem to be so one or another ... (oda hiding Judge's eyebrows is very suspicious.. idk why hind such a blatant or seemingly trivial detail )

or shall we assume.. LF is a separate modification and the Exoskeleton is 1 set of modification and LF modification is another.

yea we're running circles with this one.. these are the only options my bounded knowledge in biology would figure out.. if you have something intriguing to suggest then go ahead.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž

but yea i considered the possibility of oda just exposing certain modification and deeming others recessive..

but when you consider that fact that his siblings got their complete set of modifications simultaneously with the exoskeleton.. its just whimsical to suggest that the rest of the traits modified into sanji are recessive..

that just means he has all the modifications yet DJ hasn't been directly affected or was a reference point for the progression of the modifications in sanji's body.. which oda had zoro point out and not make DJ indicate the change or alteration in sanji..

it actually becomes a paradox further on ironically like you suggested it won't lol

if DJ is modified into sanji.. then why hasn't DJ changed with his body and again oda having zoro point it out.

but if its not modified into sanji via lunarian DNA then he innately has DJ? meaning either sora or judge.. are Lunarians? which they don't seem to be so one or another ... (oda hiding Judge's eyebrows is very suspicious.. idk why hind such a blatant or seemingly trivial detail )

or shall we assume.. LF is a separate modification and the Exoskeleton is 1 set of modification and LF modification is another.

yea we're running circles with this one.. these are the only options my bounded knowledge in biology would figure out.. if you have something intriguing to suggest then go ahead.
Yeah I think Oda will probably just portray a way to "open Sanji's heart" if that makes sense. The modifications should probably have a gateway that must be cracked, this is the only way for Oda to render the matter consistency. This is Shonen so perhaps friendship, passion, all those strong conscious and unconscious emotions will likely play a role despite biologically it won't make sense.

If we assume that the origin of DJ is Sora's drug, you get rid of the contradictions you just sited. The drug inhibits Judge's modification and manifest the DJ, while now with the help of the RS the drug's inhibitions weakened as the modfications were forcefully extracted from Sanji's LF.

Whether now the DJ is going to be affected or not after the full manifestation of Sanji's laten LF abilities is left in the air, but considering that the fuel of DJ is his emotions as stated many times in the manga and that on the other hand his modifications were supposed to strip him of his emotions from birth, I fully expect some major conflict inside Sanji's psychy and body with him finally overcoming this hurdle with a better and stronger DJ after his heart/emotions win out this struggle. Well at least this is what I hope happens.

This leaves the question whether the Lf modifications stays with Sanji or not after his emotions wins out I really don't know, however I think most likely it's staying. Oda won't introduce such a big plotline for Sanji and then scraps it just for him to unlock a stronger DJ. The overarching plotline of the Vinsmokes with Sanji isn't ending anytime soon and Judge's LF modification with the addition of the RS will play a major role in Sanji's future character development in the incoming arcs.