Questions & Mysteries When should a manga/Anime be considered better?

which manga should be considered better?

• A

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • B

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • other

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Is it when more people like it? or when a few people give it a better rating?
for example?
1. manga A as 70% of the people like it over manga B
2. Manga B has a rating of 9.5/10 while manga A has a rating of 7/10 on a credible website

I know your opinion should matter but that is on a persona scale, but when should a manga be generally considered better on a general scale
Manga and books are never about collective group activity. Never let your peers decide what you enjoy.

My most fav book series is full of very cliche tropes and the MC is actual gary stu. But I consider it as best fictional work in English.

It depends on your tastes.
:goyea:

I think there are two ways to evaluate any kind of art. One is the personal form, through your tastes, the other is technical.

I'll give my example, one of the reasons I like Zoro is that he's a more serious guy, I've talked to people that this was exactly why they didn't like the character. This is totally related to personal preferences.

The technical form is objective and not subjective, point A is analyzed in such a way that it will be done well or not. Thierry Groensteen is a reference when it comes to research in comic analysis, his book The System of Comics is highly regarded in the area. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it's a read I'm looking forward to.

You failed to make a question. Definitely not from exact.

You are trying to say that manga A got a lower rate but much more people rated while manga B got a bigger rate but fewer people voted.

Hard to say. Overall more people demands what is good or not so a more popular manga should be better.

But in reality, we can't measure the quality by the numbers since we have many other things influency on this. At the same time is hard to say something good can't be seemed by the whole public.

I will stay with the public, so a more viewed manga is better than a more rated one.

And since this is heavy related to One Piece, I can easily say that One Piece had it's time but nowadays it's downfalling.