Questions & Mysteries When will Oda address Zoro's feelings about Yasu in Onigashima?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
At this rate, who can honestly say? I think the time has passed for a lot of events to really breath in this arc...Oda clearly wants us to glean as much emotional resonance from Luffy’s fight as possible (file that one under “Surprise, What A Fucking”) so he’s trying to reinforce the dramatic tension with him getting knocked out only to bounce back far sooner than reasonably expected. While Zoro will definitely face Kaido again, I wouldn’t expect more than a brief moment/panel of reflection where we see Yasu in the swordsman’s mind’s eye right before he slashes through the Yonko anew.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I hope it's after the battle. Zoro helped liberate Wano from Kaido and fulfilled Yasu's dying wishes. I don't think we need Oda to address it during the fight, because anyone reading knows why Zoro has been fighting so hard. In fact, he has been one of the most driven and focused out of everyone in the alliance, rivalled only by the Scabbards.

• Took strategic measures in saving strength for his battle with Kaido.

• He quickly ended Queen's games and claimed he didn't come here to play around.

• Kept his eyes on the enemy at all times when he arrived at the top of Onigashima, not letting himself be distracted by anything, even Luffy's arrival. Instead, he knew what he had to do, which was ready his blade in case Kaido and/or Linlin tried anything.

• Kept reminding everyone else to stay focused.

• Did not waste any time in trying to end Kaido.

• Kept a cool head in trying to formulate ways to fight and win.

• Took one for the team. A noble act, but it underlines how committed he is to see this battle through, and ensuring the safety of his team.

Fought through sheer agony in order to see a task through.

I'm glad Oda is keeping Zoro's thoughts close to the chest. Actions speak louder than words in some cases, and I think Zoro's moments hits so hard is because he rarely lets them out, as that would be unfitting. It's these qualities and how Oda approaches them which make him a textbook Samurai. What I would like more of is others reflecting on what he's doing. For example, Law wondering how he could overcome his critical condition in order to continue fighting. Or my favorite suggestion: inspiring the other Samurai to follow his example, fulfilling his statement on Zou.

Though it may read contradictory of me to say after what I wrote, I'd still like a Zoro flashback providing context on how he became who he is. Because it wasn't Kuina who made Zoro so determined to see a task/goal through, she only emboldened him.

Last edited:
I hope it's after the battle. Zoro helped liberate Wano from Kaido and fulfilled Yasu's dying wishes. I don't think we need Oda to address it during the fight, because anyone reading knows why Zoro has been fighting so hard. In fact, he has been one of the most driven and focused out of everyone in the alliance, rivalled only by the Scabbards.

• Took strategic measures in saving strength for his battle with Kaido.

• He quickly ended Queen's games and claimed he didn't come here to play around.

• Kept his eyes on the enemy at all times when he arrived at the top of Onigashima, not letting himself be distracted by anything, even Luffy's arrival. Instead, he knew what he had to do, which was ready his blade in case Kaido and/or Linlin tried anything.

• Kept reminding everyone else to stay focused.

• Did not waste any time in trying to end Kaido.

• Kept a cool head in trying to formulate ways to fight and win.

• Took one for the team. A noble act, but it underlines how committed he is to see this battle through, and ensuring the safety of his team.

Fought through sheer agony in order to see a task through.

I'm glad Oda is keeping Zoro's thoughts close to the chest. Actions speak louder than words in some cases, and I think Zoro's moments hits so hard is because he rarely lets them out, as that would be unfitting. It's these qualities and how Oda approaches them which make him a textbook Samurai. What I would like more of is others reflecting on what he's doing. For example, Law wondering how he could overcome his critical condition in order to continue fighting. Or my favorite suggestion: inspiring the other Samurai to follow his example, fulfilling his statement on Zou.

Though it may read contradictory of me to say after what I wrote, I'd still like a Zoro flashback providing context on how he became who he is. Because it wasn't Kuina who made Zoro so determined to see a task/goal through, she only emboldened him.
Love the wank:cheers:

His anger regarding Yasu's death is more oriented towards Orochi, so only if he meets with him will he release that anger.

But remember also that Zoro isn't the vengeful type of guy (he said it in Skypeia).
for the first half to your reply. I disagree.

for the second half, exactly he isn't the vengeful type(albeit, he did say he was motivated though after chopper's demise.)

The fact that Zoro has out rightly said before he doesn't like fighting for revenge, he contemplated and did just that in this arc. Which means there has to be some closure to that.

when he remember how Yasui got shot for no reason, how kikus arm got flying, how kikus deadbody in floor, how sanji got killed by queen, all his range will include with his final blow
:finally:

His anger is directed at Kaido for enabling Orochi.
But he already met Kaido and we saw none of that.
I think if he meets Orochi (not sure it will happen but it might if Hiyori is here), he will release that anger. He went out of his way when Yasu was executed and tried to go after Orochi and reiterated his wish to kill him later on when he was alone with Hiyori.

It would be weird to see him suddenly think about Yasu if he encounters Kaido again when he didn't at all during 10 chapters, whereas again Orochi it would make more sense especially if Hiyori is here.

And this isn't strength related or about match ups or whatever. I just think he is angrier with Orochi than Kaido.