Questions & Mysteries Where are the captains' crews?

I've been hoping for Bepo vs Faust or Sulong Bepo vs Perospero since Wano started, but was relegated to fodder control :catsweat:

Still he fights BMP, maybe a Minister... :yearight:

We saw Drake's crew during their time on Kaido's favorite island, but after that it's like they didn't exist. Maybe they were killed all and Drake remained standing.
Going by logic, they should've been undercover Marines too pre TS, but Drake is the only SN who referred to none of them in all the arc..
Maybe after beating Scotch he ordered them to go away so that he could join by himself (?)

Going by logic, they should've been undercover Marines too pre TS, but Drake is the only SN who referred to none of them in all the arc..
Maybe after beating Scotch he ordered them to go away so that he could join by himself (?)
To me, it looked like it was at least 10 - 15 of them in the anime and just seems like way too many people that should actually be undercover for what's supposed to be a Top Secret Unit.

It could be possible though, but you're right. He never referred to them--basically disappeared after that scene pre-ts.

We probably wouldn't ever get an explanation for it.

It is indeed a miss opportunity by Oda, I mean what's the point of hyping the SN to be the ones who will replace the Yonkos but in the end its just their captain that is relevant to the story (aside of Killer and Zoro ofc)? At this point how can we imagine that Heat and wire could compete against the likes of the calamaties or the sweet commander for example? Hence i cant even imagine them beating a tobbi roppo...
Hopefully we would at least see Bepo in some real action, tho i will keep my expectations very low..

Last time we saw Faust was back in chapter 795 I think.
You're right. So did Hawkins have to give up his crew or maybe they were killed? Both are unlikely, because then that would surely have been mentioned. I no longer believe that Oda has forgotten the Hawkins Pirates, because when he drew Hawkins on Onigashima, he inevitably had to think of his crew as well. There's no way he didn't. I really have no explanation for their absence, but maybe they'll show up to find what's left of their captain and flee.

Last edited: