Where is Fujitora from ?

Vivre Card had revealed that Fujitora / Issho is from Grand Line , but which exact country he is from ?

I think he's from Wano .
- his name written in Katakana , the only others that got the same treatment are Sentomaru and Wano characters ( from Van Reich )

- and his favourite foods are Japanese noodles Soba and Udon

- He's also wearing a Japanese dress

- wearing Japanese Sandals ( Geta )

- using a Shikomizue Katana
( Japanese sword )

And Wano is based on ( Tokugawa ) Japan

I saw that Wano is meant as a reference to Tokugawa Japan ( 1603-1868 ) in another site and that Zatoichi's story was set in the late Tokugawa period .

Also it said while Zatoichi became a recognized name , nobody knew what he really looked like , especially the Nobles .

But i think he got out of Wano due to Kaido and Orochi take over , to wander the World
( yes it looked like he likes to wander ) .

Also he is a Tiger , and Kaido is a Dragon . These 2 are portrayed as enemies in Chinese Mythology ( are they ? )

Yea I also think he is from Wano. He wears a kimono and the wano style shoes (the one Jinbei and Kinemon wears). Plus he is a swordsman of great repute. The only thing missing is top-notch on his hair.
Cutting off a top-knot and blinding oneself was a way of punishing samurai (irl) who had disgraced themselves but not badly enough for a seppuku ritual

Probably got forced to do it by Kaido, IF he is indeed from Wano

Hakumai was Yasu , Udon you mean

So Flower Capital doesn't need a Daimyo because of Shogun ?
Typically, in middle-age Japan, the Shogun was functionally a Daimyo of the Capital with all other Daimyos subordinate to him

Think of it like a major firm, say PwC, the CE's of each global region report to the CEO based in the UK, but the CEO is essentially just the CE of UK and Europe. It's the same for Daimyos: Shogun is a Daimyo but also the military supreme commander

Ah yeah, sorry, meant Udon

Typically, in middle-age Japan, the Shogun was functionally a Daimyo of the Capital with all other Daimyos subordinate to him

Think of it like a major firm, say PwC, the CE's of each global region report to the CEO based in the UK, but the CEO is essentially just the CE of UK and Europe. It's the same for Daimyos: Shogun is a Daimyo but also the military supreme commander

Ah yeah, sorry, meant Udon
I'm sorry too that was a stupid question

I wonder... If Fujitora is actually from Wano why Kinemon didn't recognize him in Dress Rose?
I was searching for something that could strengthen my belief that Fuji is from Wano , then i got this and was more convinced

According to him no one really know how Zatoichi looked like ( even though he became a recognized name ) , especially for Nobles ( like Oden , who Kinemon had connection to )

no clue but zoro and luffy say it in wano to assimilate too . even in the manga
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 268
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 269
Yeah i remember Fujitora saying it , though forget in which exact scene he did it
( when fighting Sabo ? Bowing down to Riku ? Fighting Doflamingo and Law ? ) i don't know