General & Others Which Arc Has A More Tension? Wano or Thriller Bark?

Arc with more tension?

• Total voters
Thriller Bark after Kuma appeared is so damn good. The Strawhats were already exhausted after facing Oars and then this seemingly invincible Shichibukai shows up with the sole intent of capturing Luffy. It just oozes tension because you KNOW there's now way they're defeating this guy right now.

In general, everything that Oda did with Kuma pre-timeskip was incredibly effective at showcasing a threat that was way above the Strawhats' level. Every time he appeared, you knew the Strawhats were screwed. The Strawhats' fight in Sabaody is my favorite in the series for this same reason. They were simply outclassed and desperate - every time you thought it couldn't get worse, something else happened. Admiral? Pacifistas? Sentomaru? Real Kuma? That's peak Oda tension.

Wano is nowhere near that level, sadly. I haven't felt scared for a single character yet. Maybe a bit for the Scabbards after their first fight with Kaido, but that was ruined after Oda revealed that everyone somehow survived these lethal attacks by the strongest beast in the world. And this Luffy vs Kaido fight is cool but I wouldn't say I have felt any tension, not even after Kaido seemingly defeated Luffy in 1044, since we didn't even get a full chapter to process Luffy's defeat or the dire situation before we knew that Luffy was actually okay and transforming into Nika.

Only because all the strawhats EXCEPT luffy and Sanji have been coddled and protected by Oda Post Timeskip. I mean look at Wano, Lufffy had conveinently removed Zoro just before Luffy and the strawhats encountered him, protecting Zoro.