Chapter Discussion Which chapter caused the biggest shitstorm?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
  • 599 Tobi reveal
  • 600 Because you let Rin die
Very tough call. I do remember a lot of people telling us "just wait, it'll be explained super well!" and then the gloating of the Obito believers, of which I was not. And then You let rin die happens soon after and I know a lot of people gave up on Obito at that point.

But I'd say 599 overall.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
2: when zetsu betray Madara people was like how tf he didn't notice this weakling behind him and wasn't goin backstab?
I fucking loved that. On Animebase, I had a friend who was telling the most obnoxious Madarafan for months that he wasn't the final villain. And that Madara fan snapped for a little while after Zetsu cucked him. Great stuff.

Between these three
Sasuke chaining the tail beast up and telling naruto let fight at the valley

2: when zetsu betray Madara people was like how tf he didn't notice this weakling behind him and wasn't goin backstab?

3: when he we found out naruto and hinata was officially a couple them naruto x Sakura shippers was goin insane
NaruSaku meltdown was legendary, comedy gold.
Post automatically merged:

599 had the craziest reactions but 600 was the true downfall of Naruto. Like to the point of no return. It got frustrating for a while but after the Madara/Hashirama flashback I completely stopped taking Naruto seriously, would read weekly just to laugh, Kishi was delivering peak troll chapters ("coolest guy" quote is goated).
The true downfall imo was when the "chosen one" bs happened during the Pain arc. It completely destroyed Naruto's character because everything he archieved was destiny. Nagato reviving everyone waa the beginning of the end.

Last edited:

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
599 had the craziest reactions but 600 was the true downfall of Naruto. Like to the point of no return. It got frustrating for a while but after the Madara/Hashirama flashback I completely stopped taking Naruto seriously, would read weekly just to laugh, Kishi was delivering peak troll chapters ("coolest guy" quote is goated).
Omfg I remember people when that “coolest guy” chapter came out and people were defending it saying that it was just a bad translation, good times lol

From those of you who were reading weekly at that time like me, which chapter in your opinion caused the biggest shitstorm? :D
Here are some nominees:
  • Sakura's "confession" to Naruto
  • 599 Tobi reveal
  • 600 Because you let Rin die
  • NaruHina after Neji dies
  • Kakashi gets sharingan from a dead Obito
In my opinion it's 599.
Tobi reveal, if my memory serves me right. Gigantic WTF moment for me personally.

I wasn't into shipping, so couldn't attest to that.

I didnt read Naruto weekly. I started reading it when it was about to end (filler arc was airing where Indra and Ashura were fighting).

To sum it up, there were more good moments as compared to bad moments. And Kishimoto delivered when it came to action, Akatsuki, and concluding the story.

As for world building, I believe that fictional stories need to be seperated from real world logic. World building is not always good. A story needs to be short and not a mess with no end in sight.
And for that I am okay if the author sacrifices some of characters and take a sudden shift (if it is hinted before and does not create a plot hole).

Do not seek perfection, enjoy the story for what it is. Naruto is still the manga that I enjoyed the most and can reread without getting bored.