General & Others Which chapter started the "downfall of One Piece"?

I've been liking the chapters less and less since 1039. But to be fair on that, I'm not saying it was shit from that point and what hasn't been good is also a culmination of bad ideas being peppered in since the end of the rooftop.

Now it's like, where the fuck are we. I keep waiting for a decent resolution but only because this was my favorite series for a long time. I'll probably just request a ban eventually so I don't get tempted to see this shit anymore.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Can't pinpoint a single chapter but it would be WCI. Big Mom, Sanji, and the Vinsmokes. It was cemented that Yonkou and their crews are nothing but a clown show, (when a dollar store version of the Strawhat crew can waltz right in, shit on everything, and waltz right out), and we would be getting more of the same against an equivalent crew in the Beast Pirates except this time Luffy's side is 20 times stronger, so threatening...

Then to make matters worse Oda dedicated a flashback in the middle of Wano just to shit on the arc enemy (Kaidou) and his claim to fame (1v1 King) just for brainless Oden wank lmfao. He then created a character for the sole purpose of wanking Oden 24/7 (Yamato), and looks like he's having this character join the crew.

No specific chapter but Wano, there can be lots of nitpicks in other post-ts arcs but it was still your typical One Piece writing. People just got used to the formulaic arcs and Oda kept reusing themes, similar setup, etc.

Wano is just an arc full of inconsistencies and contradictions. Hopefully, the final saga can be presented a lot better. There’s one good thing that came out of Wano though, power creep already established. It’s a sickness in a lot of shounen. I can get used to any major power jumps now and not gripe about it too much lol. Nothing can beat the acoc asspull plus Nika awakening in a span of a few chapters

Last edited:
For me, Marineford Saga even though I liked it, that's the saga that kicked off Usopp's shitty treatment, Robin becoming an NPC, and Oda's overwhelming focus on side characters

I'm surprised because I actually liked WCI minus Sanji being a damsel unironically. But I feel as though the imperfections of that arc don't come close to the bullshit we've seen since the Oden flashback. Btw I forgot but fuck that character, the best part was when Kaido put him to sleep.

I can see why people thought the raid would fail to some extent because again, there were some dumb things leading up to this point. Luffy didn't have to fight Caesar three times (Kaido) and we certainly didn't need Smoker getting his ass kicked up and down PH (Drake). It's mind blowing to see a character from the beginning go out like that

Name one chapter, can be Pre or Post TS or multiple chapters in succession or a list of chapters.
I would argue OP's downfall started as far back as chapter 656 with the introduction of Kinemon. That's where Lolda really shafted anyone not named Luffy for the sake of highlighting side characters nobody cared about by sacrificing the SHs crew dynamic. :catcry:

Except for Zkkers , there is no such thing like this
:risicheck:

I started to realize during the second part of wc I must admit that wano first part was pretty good but during Oden flashback I had that bad feelings and the series confirmed to go to shit during onigashima

I've been liking the chapters less and less since 1039. But to be fair on that, I'm not saying it was shit from that point and what hasn't been good is also a culmination of bad ideas being peppered in since the end of the rooftop.

Now it's like, where the fuck are we. I keep waiting for a decent resolution but only because this was my favorite series for a long time. I'll probably just request a ban eventually so I don't get tempted to see this shit anymore.
What happened in 1039?

Can't pinpoint a single chapter but it would be WCI. Big Mom, Sanji, and the Vinsmokes. It was cemented that Yonkou and their crews are nothing but a clown show, (when a dollar store version of the Strawhat crew can waltz right in, shit on everything, and waltz right out), and we would be getting more of the same against an equivalent crew in the Beast Pirates except this time Luffy's side is 20 times stronger, so threatening...

Then to make matters worse Oda dedicated a flashback in the middle of Wano just to shit on the arc enemy (Kaidou) and his claim to fame (1v1 King) just for brainless Oden wank lmfao. He then created a character for the sole purpose of wanking Oden 24/7 (Yamato), and looks like he's having this character join the crew.
Yeah strawhats were alone and did all that

DR is where OP started falling
That's when Oda started dragging arcs with awful executions

“Raizo is alive”
The entire arc, there was tension about the minks finding out the Strawhats were pirates, just like Kaidou’s beast pirates, and that they were connected to Raizo, the cause of their suffering.
Turns out, that the minks preferred having their isolated race being slaughtered just to have a stranger protected, whom later we find out, the only connection between Zou’s leaders and Raizo, was that both were Oden’s cocksuckers.
This started a sequence of never ending conveniences for the strawhats, culminating with them getting bullshit power ups, the nika fruit retcon, and alliance members losing their personalities, just to favour Luffy’s crowning as a Yonkou, and to avoid any minuscule complication in a pirate alliance, who were supposed to be risky.