Votes: 58 85.3%
  • Buggy

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mihawk

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Vivi

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Mihawk, Shanks, Dragon are clearly Characters reserved for Final Arc so no complaint about them
However i think the Character who struggled to find a Role as Story continued is Smoker, but i believe that he will be redeemed in Final Arc where his Resolve & Moral Code will shine more than any other Marine (Koby too ofc)

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Smoker as the marine foil to Luffy. Technically this should be Coby, but I think Coby is far too inspired by Luffy and holds too much admiration for this to ever be taken seriously. Whereas Smoker could've served as a monolith for Luffy to butt his head against more in the story. We're constantly seeing Luffy's progress against a constant of an opponent until we get the satisfaction of Luffy matching and surpassing them.

He'd also serve as a good adversary in ideals. Luffy is all about freedom and Smoker isn't explicitly against that, they're both good natured and rebellious people on the opposite ends of the spectrum. And Coby, again, really doesn't fit this.

So I was very surprised when we get a lot of Smoker in Alabasta, a little after Skypeia in a singular chapter then nothing until Marineford. And Punk Hazard he was dethroned as any opponent for Luffy—relegated to bait for Law against Vergo. It's really disappointing because he was one of the more standout and cool characters that we followed early on.

Smoker as the marine foil to Luffy. Technically this should be Coby, but I think Coby is far too inspired by Luffy and holds too much admiration for this to ever be taken seriously. Whereas Smoker could've served as a monolith for Luffy to butt his head against more in the story. We're constantly seeing Luffy's progress against a constant of an opponent until we get the satisfaction of Luffy matching and surpassing them.

He'd also serve as a good adversary in ideals. Luffy is all about freedom and Smoker isn't explicitly against that, they're both good natured and rebellious people on the opposite ends of the spectrum. And Coby, again, really doesn't fit this.

So I was very surprised when we get a lot of Smoker in Alabasta, a little after Skypeia in a singular chapter then nothing until Marineford. And Punk Hazard he was dethroned as any opponent for Luffy—relegated to bait for Law against Vergo. It's really disappointing because he was one of the more standout and cool characters that we followed early on.
Don’t worry, with how little Oda cares about powerscaling, Smoker will be somehow competitive with Luffy next time we see him. Smoker inexplicably will be able to take ACoC G4 level attacks (despite falling to a few attacks from Vergo), just like how Law got a random 100x endurance boost from DR to Wano. And of course sanjikun will use this to say that Vergo had ACoC G4 levels of AP. Smoker will have “trained hard” offscreen and awakened his fruit and/or some forms of advanced Haki.

What about BlackBeard? The main villain of the story has been missing the entire post time skip. Like any mangaka should know that sidelining your main villain for over 10+ years is not a good idea. That is just basic 101 writing.

Mihawk also. Like give this man to do than just being someone that Zoro is going to fight at the end of the story

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Arlong, he shouldve been in impel down also he shouldve returned for fishman island just for nami to beat the shit out of him
Post automatically merged:

Nah JK
I wish we could have more Buggy and Alvida thou
HE IS THE MOST RELEVANT IN THE STORY MORE RELEVANT THAN ALL THE STRAWHATS COMBINED HOW DARE YOU

Last edited:
Smoker has been trashed miserably in PH, reduced to a hype tool for doffy and Law. The dude got the highest number of L in the shortest period of Time 4L in total, with one of the most humiluating Ls possible:Aka when he got stomped with his Girlfriend and crew and ship by a non serious Trafalgar Law in a 1v100 battle lool.
It would be soooo insulting for Luffy/joyboy to have a 'rival' that got trashed in such a dirty way