Character Discussion Which character get ruined the most in Wano?

Which character get ruined the most in Wano

• Total voters
Big Mom was able to literally walk through earth but in onigashima she cant break wooden doors with kid and she was damaged by a piece of wall also, like what the fook. Also where are her ``yonko`` tier moves? she was just a punching bag for Mid and Law, she looked nothing like she was in wcl. Kaido looks 3 times stronger than his supposed rival and even Kaido was done dirty and overshadowed by the new self discovered awakened mystical zoan Luffy.
oda is shit at making fights.

People voting Big Mom, like WCI never happened lmao.She was repeatedly humiliated in her arc.Nothing new about her in Wano.
Kaido is the one who got ruined the most.We still know nothing about him other than the fact that he was strong and likes strength.His character is flat af and neither his suicidal nature, nor his obsession with Wano and JoyBoy were ever explored.

oda is shit at making fights.
people try to brush this off as not a big deal, but it absolutely is when fights are the climax of an arc.
Post automatically merged:

I think something has to be said about what Oda did to Kid. He built him up for so much time as such an important supernova, only to effectively sideline him the entire arc.
I don't think Kid was the most ruined character, I think that goes to Big Mom, but he comes close.

Like, would it really have been that hard for Oda to write one Kid focused chapter before the war? You know, for a character you are setting up to defeat an emperor, maybe that would be important. But nope, Kid is perpetually overshadowed by every other character every time he is on screen, effectively turning a character Oda created as a rival of Luffy's, into a background character.

Oda couldn't even give him scabbard tier CoA, so he could hurt kaido, the man who previously defeated him and stole his crew. No its not enough that Luffy has maxed out every tier of haki and has an awakened god fruit, Kid isn't even allowed to have one power that would make him seem relevant on the roof or even against big mom.

Kid and Law are supposed to be equals, this is clearly what Oda wants us to believe. Yet Law has the ope ope no mi and Kid's DF isn't nearly as strong.

Last edited:
Imma be honest since people are more reasonable on wg than any other site/app...oda fumbled the bag with alot of characters and we'll never know why :(
Big mom got absolutely wasted, even if she comes back its meaningless
Kaido got ruined in the last few chapters of the fight
Zoro...don't get me started, this arc was his arc in terms of the swordsmen environment, but no.
Sanji, the continous use of him and ladies ruins alot of tension but it help built robin so i'll let this slide
Luffy, oh my, g5, decent, not the best, just decent.
Tension went from a solid 9.5-10 and dropped to a 3 after the reptitive, defeat, defeat, defeat, defeat, defeat, oh but wait, now we win.
And lastly, the filler deaths definitely did it. after the summary of the whole arc we find out blank and blank died, oh nice, cool. like there deaths could've been shown more meaningfully instead of leaving us hanging for 20+ chapters and then revealing they died after everything.

people try to brush this off as not a big deal, but it absolutely is when fights are the climax of an arc.
Post automatically merged:

I think something has to be said about what Oda did to Kid. He built him up for so much time as such an important supernova, only to effectively sideline him the entire arc.
I don't think Kid was the most ruined character, I think that goes to Big Mom, but he comes close.

Like, would it really have been that hard for Oda to write one Kid focused chapter before the war? You know, for a character you are setting up to defeat an emperor, maybe that would be important. But nope, Kid is perpetually overshadowed by every other character every time he is on screen, effectively turning a character Oda created as a rival of Luffy's, into a background character.

Oda couldn't even give him scabbard tier CoA, so he could hurt kaido, the man who previously defeated him and stole his crew. No its not enough that Luffy has maxed out every tier of haki and has an awakened god fruit, Kid isn't even allowed to have one power that would make him seem relevant on the roof or even against big mom.

Kid and Law are supposed to be equals, this is clearly what Oda wants us to believe. Yet Law has the ope ope no mi and Kid's DF isn't nearly as strong.
I was expecting Law to get Koed and Kidd rise up to the ocassion and unlock awakening and COC.I even imagined the double spread of Kaido and Big mom getting defeated at the same time.Oda could have done so much better.Regarding battles there is no manga better than Hunter x Hunter.

Last edited:
I was expecting Law to get Koed and Kidd rise up to the ocassion and unlock awakening and COC.I even imagine the double spread of Kaido and Big mom getting defeated at the same time.Oda could have done so much better.Regarding battles there is no manga better than Hunter x Hunter.
I would have like him to get ACoC, but towards the end, I wasn't even expecting that. I was just expecting that Oda would do something special with Kid to justify how he's been portrayed up until now.
I thought, okay, fine, he probably won't get ACoC. But maybe he'll just get barrier ACoA. Surely that wouldn't be too much of problem, right? Luffy has internal destruction and sky splitter ACoC, Zoro has king of hell, surely it wouldn't be too much for Kid to have a modest haki awakening and get an ability that Oda is willing to give even characters like Kiku.

I thought any haki awakening would make sense. Kid wants to beat shanks, right? Kid wants to be PK, right? But its like Oda couldn't even do the bare minimum with his character. Like maybe he at one point wanted to make Kid special, but then Law became more popular, so he just changed his mind.

I would have like him to get ACoC, but towards the end, I wasn't even expecting that. I was just expecting that Oda would do something special with Kid to justify how he's been portrayed up until now.
I thought, okay, fine, he probably won't get ACoC. But maybe he'll just get barrier ACoA. Surely that wouldn't be too much of problem, right? Luffy has internal destruction and sky splitter ACoC, Zoro has king of hell, surely it wouldn't be too much for Kid to have a modest haki awakening and get an ability that Oda is willing to give even characters like Kiku.

I thought any haki awakening would make sense. Kid wants to beat shanks, right? Kid wants to be PK, right? But its like Oda couldn't even do the bare minimum with his character. Like maybe he at one point wanted to make Kid special, but then Law became more popular, so he just changed his mind.
I think its the editors too.They make him write a lot of shit.GRR works by himself so people don't spoil his imagination.

Kaido
Unkillable creature who can't be death and regarded as the world strongest. He has been built up for decades yet his flashbacks are less than half chapters. He can't live up to the hype: got cut from weak scabbards, screamed by children bite, defeated by big punch, and being melted to death in lava. His defeat seems to be the most anticlimactic in the One Piece history.

Big Mom
Walking failure. Got shamelessly humiliated by everyone. Decided to run away from Marco and ask Pero for help. Got technically defeated by Queen.
Her crew is also useless and non existence. The worse is that she needed to sacrifice her lifespan to keep up with Law and Kids. This scenario is typically pulled by protagonist side to fight with superior villian.

Zoro
No character development in the Samurai arc. Talk bigs but deliver nothing, resulting in many of lies. Many of his plotlines were evaporated in thin air.
Got humiliated by his captain who was recognized as Ryuma rival instead of himself. Also, Enma seems to be more relevant to the story.

Luffy
Walking plots to the point it lacks believability. His crews didn't even care when Luffy got defeated and sent to prison. Had too many defeats but got instant power ups instead of negative consequences. At least in Luffy vs Crocodile, he needs to come up with solutions. But now it's as if he is aware of his chosen one narrative. Nika devil fruit kinda destroy his narrative so far.

Sanji
Gentleman who can't hurt women and refuse to use raid suit. Yet, he asked female friend to fight another woman for him and use raid suit to peek the woman bath. This is the character degradation.
Kaido and Big Mom yes but

Take The Monster Trio off this list of you have an ounce of respect for yourself.

Luffy was not ruined it’s just more of the same with him as a character. You can maybe argue he’s a little boring but nothing was ruined.

Zoro, again not ruined, Nobody told you guys this was his arc you just created that in your head. This is probably the best version of Zoro since thriller bark. A lot of great moments from him. And even got a Top 3 Zoro fight.

we’ve been told that Enma has been drawing out Zoros haki the same way Odens haki was get drawn out as well. The sword isn’t magical idk how many times Oda has to say it. Zoro will fight more opponents in the future so for now we should wait until the end to criticize his dream development and fighting swordsman.

Sanji, best he’s been since Enies lobby I’ll never understand people who bitch about a raid suit we barely saw ……3 times. And 2 of the 3 times he used it were literally perfect for the situation. Wanting to hide himself in the capital and saving Momonuske. Even the womens bath thing you can argue it’s good he was there otherwise Nami, Robin and the others would have got captured.

And then calling Robin for help,
All I’ll say is this….. “ I’ll do what you can’t and you do what I can’t” that’s how the strawhats move since 2006……………
Sanji even acknowledges his weakness to women in the fight with a Queen as well, + it got Robin a fight for the first time in 18 years.