Character Discussion Which Characters do you stan and why?

Mine are Koby, Dragon, and Robin
Koby: The most normal character in the series that is the height of hard work, no DF, no magically bloodline, just pure grit and still humble as all hell. A man's man if you will.
Dragon: I'm one more bad chapter from selling Dragon stocks but he should be Yonko level bare minimum.
Robin: Best girl, actually takes insane damage when she fights, and some CBT on the side.

I agree with your picks. As an addendum:
Luffy: You know why. Very selfless (outside of food related stuff), strong and heroic. I could go on and on about him so I'm just gonna move on
Sabo: Pretty much same as Luffy. It's also refreshing to see someone with enough balls to attack all 5 Gorosei to save one old man.
Franky: Biggest chad in the manga bar Urouge and sometimes Zoro.
Kaidou: Extremely strong and menacing, very good design, and I like his powers.
Big Mom: She's actually kind of like Luffy, she just got brainwashed into being a villain.

Mihawk, Rayleigh, Zoro, Shanks, Law. Fuji (fan of swordsman)
Doffy and crocodile. I Like their design and believe it or not I appreciate certain characters thanks to their japanese VAs (Aomine daik, Imayoshi and takao from kuruko basket, Barou of Blue lock. Vegeta and Piccolo).
Lucci as well especially pre-ts he was done very well and you could feel that was a villain that raised the stakes through the roof (+ he fought gear second, my favourite form of Luffy)
Kuma, was already a big fan of his design and especially his theme. He grew on me more after hid flashback

Sanji (mr prince) Brook (laugh) Franky (superrrr). These are characters that I like certain things about them

Last edited:
Zoro: I actually hated Zoro at first but seeing all the Zoro slanders made me want him to win so now I'm a fan :zosmug:
Mihawk: I only defend him because he's Zoro's final opponent, aside from it I just like Shanks's design and personality as well as plot relevance. :endthis:
Fujitora: Cool swordman + Devil fruit + design + personality, what's not to like about Fuji aside from powerscaling perspective :fujilaugh:
Rayleigh: Strong old dude + swordman + design + personality. (no Rayleigh emote the fuck)
Guess i'm a qualified Sword swallower :vistalaugh:

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
There's a lot of characters I like but here's my fav ones:

0) Mr. 3
1) Edward Newgate: Aside from being a powerhouse, WB had a moral compass and flaws. He was always aware of his own mortality and was a true family man. He taught many lessons about inheritance, just like Roger, about how everyone is a child of the sea (a newborn child carries no sin), and why you should not hold resentment for the past. I absolutely love all his designs, his legendary death and legacy, and the fact that he didn't actually overstay his welcome in the story.

2) Buggy: Originally, I thought he was just some two-bit, forgettable guy in the early days, but his subsequent appearances, relevancy, and accomplishments cemented my support. He'll become the pirate king and then the King of the World, if only for a few hours at least. He is also a genuinely funny guy overall.

3) Marshall D. Teach: Anyone who is not only the MC's foil but responsible for the vast majority of the events in the story is automatically going here. Amazing voice actor, acts like a true pirate should, holds no grudges, and plays dirty while believing in fate as opposed to destiny. We are not ready for him.

4) Garp: Oyaji of the MC always hits differently in Shounen, and I enjoy seeing him constantly struggle between family and duty. Taught us to live in the moment. He's been both beloved and controversial in the community over the years. I am pretty worried about his status with Blackbeard, but it is what it is.

5) Crocodile: Design, charisma, a desert king, voice actor, laugh. Best pre-TS villain, and I will die on that hill.

6) Doflamingo: Same as Crocodile but with that great backstory. Still the best villain of post-TS for me.

7) Kizaru: I love his demeanor, the voice actor, the drip, and the actor he's based on. I hope his story is properly resolved by the end of Egghead at least.

8) Usopp: I could relate to him a lot back in the day. He generated a lot of memes but was also serious at times. Goated pre-TS and still had moments in post-TS. Fingers crossed for Elbaf.

9) X Drake: His design, first ancient zoan reveal, and relation to Sir Francis Drake irl. He always stood out to me among the Supernovas back when he was introduced, and I loved how his past connected with Law's. Hopefully Oda will use him more in the story because Wano wasn't really it for him, sadly.

10) This one is interchangeable. It can be Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Franky, Jimbei, etc.—really anyone, depending on how I feel. I like to keep it open.

1) Kaido - Had one of the best introduction in one piece and arguably in manga/anime in general. Lived up to his hype. Was a complete beast.

2) Yamato/King - Mainly because they are related to Kaido.

3) BM - A fellow yonko and is paired with waido. She is similar to Kaido also in her stats

4) Imu - I have a feeling Imu will be a monster just like Kaido lol

5) BB - I like his characterization. His schemes are also fun and he has the best laughing style

6) Ulti - One of the best characters in wano for me. Was the best tobi roppo

7) Jack - Basically mini Kaido.

Helmeppo- one of the greatest character developments in the series hope we see a bit more from him combat wise tho

Rebecca- Her fighting style is fun to watch her observation haki is pretty impressive being able to dodge hakuba and I hate that Sabo swept in and stole the Mera Mera from her Rebecca's fighting style combined with Mera would of been sweet

Perospero- A very powerful candy man who is always awesome, the way he presents himself all the one liners he has. He'll always be a favorite of mine

2) Buggy: Originally, I thought he was just some two-bit, forgettable guy in the early days, but his subsequent appearances, relevancy, and accomplishments cemented my support. He'll become the pirate king and then the King of the World, if only for a few hours at least. He is also a genuinely funny guy overall.

Oyaji one box ticked, one more to go

1. Blackbeard. The true pirate. First in history to eat multiple fruits, likely due to his unique knowledge. Clever, cunning, a bit cowardly sure, but courageous Ace is dead and he’s at the top of the pirate world. Shanks warns whitebeard of his strength. Let that sink in. Also, he shares my birthday.

2. Fleet Admiral Sakazuki. In a manga rife with special bloodlines and prophecies from birth, he’s a refreshing departure. He’s a regular human working for the establishment, wears a standard issue marine cap. But killing the worlds strongest man, and the son of the pirate king, and emotionally and physically scarring the main character reincarnation of the sun god for life are all just a day in the office for HIM.

3. Donquixote Doflamingo. Fantastic backstory, even pre-ts there were hints that he’d experienced both aristocracy and poverty. Plus, if he were real, he’d find it utterly hilarious how much malding his power level causes.

4. Jinbe. The most competent member of the strawhats, among the most in the story. Strong, level headed, highly respected.

5. Admiral Fujitora. All he does is win. A newcomer to the marines who pushes his agenda successfully every step of the way. A true champion of the people and upholder of justice. Has no fear of the fleet admiral, suffers no real repercussions for talking back to him. Smoker needs to take notes.