Chapter Discussion Which Luffy moment was worse

Tbf people harp too much on "Are you having fun, Kaido?", completely forgetting the context of the line:
Kaido said prior to that that he has having fun in the fight, enjoying it to the fullest.
Then Luffy goes G5 and smacks him around a bit, and taunts him by saying "Are you having fun?"

Out of context it's stupid, in context a bit less so and could've been iconic if Oda had set it up a bit tighter

Tbf people harp too much on "Are you having fun, Kaido?", completely forgetting the context of the line:
Kaido said prior to that that he has having fun in the fight, enjoying it to the fullest.
Then Luffy goes G5 and smacks him around a bit, and taunts him by saying "Are you having fun?"

Out of context it's stupid, in context a bit less so and could've been iconic if Oda had set it up a bit tighter
It doesnt suit luffy lol

“Are you having fun” of course since it’s so out of character for Luffy.

Luffy doesn’t smile or laugh around with evil despots. He finds nothing funny about the evil they do, but for the sake of the Nika retcon Oda had him smiling through so many moments.

The line just doesn’t work since Kaido was indeed having fun anyway and it looked like Luffy was too. It made it look like a play date instead of the punishment that it should have been.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Are you having fun kaido while everyone is fighting for their lifes
Or
Eating big macs while his crew besides like... two of them are getting attacked by marines

i miss the old luffy
Before you come out here and say hes been always like that, long story short: not really.
Luffy was eating too while Kaidou was doing worse things than Kizaru and Saturn.

Half these people don't use their brains so it's no wonder they take it out of context like that.

Really the bad moment was when Sanji looked for prostitutes in the middle of the raid.

Not really seeing the problem with Luffys behavior in Kaido fight

Last edited:
First of all, it’s not like Luffy has eyes on everyone and what they’re doing.

Second of all, they’re a pirate crew and Luffy fully expects his crew to live up to being a crew of the pirate king and hold their own. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Eating Big Macs is worse in my view, because it leads to the current idiotic situation where the villains' IQs have to be reduced so that Bonney and the others aren't obliterated in 5 seconds.

Are you having fun kaido while everyone is fighting for their lifes
Or
Eating big macs while his crew besides like... two of them are getting attacked by marines

i miss the old luffy
Before you come out here and say hes been always like that, long story short: not really.
I miss Enis Lobby Luffy, who knew the stakes and knew he had to put down Lucci at all costs or he will murder his crew. I miss when Luffy knew when to be serious.