Versus Battle Which Shonen has the best openings?

JoJo actually has the best Ending ever instead:

I’d say that Roundabout (ending from parts 1 and 2) is better. Part 4’s ending is also up there
Post automatically merged:

No. Instead is used as a substitute or alternative for something. What you wanted to say was 'On the other hand, the best ending belongs to Jojo'.

Don't really see the point of posting endings in a thread dedicated to openings though.
Endings are just openings at the end, so it’s fine

Last edited:
Going to say fuck the shounen rule

Obligatory meme pick:

Some serious contenders:

You guys see fancy animations, a cool song, and just the characters doing stuff, or in the case of Vinland Saga, just regurgitating the albeit great plot, and you guys lose it. Anime op should overall mean something, convey the proper emotions, etc etc. I love anime that have some basic asf ops. Heck, I'd argue only like 2-3 gintama op are truly special, and that's heavily to do with my attachment to certain things. One of them hits super hard though, but has spoilers for the series.

Yes, stuff like death note, darker than black, a certain scientific accelerator, etc have some cool asf theme songs and all that, but they don't offer much for op.

I'd put attack on titan up there with the serious contenders, but they have already been mentioned, but not the first op, I'm talking about the completed op with erwin and levi's past little snippits in it, or the spectacular current one.

Well I'm going to go full nerdy on this. I did a lot to try and judge this but overall there's one single thing for criteria which is critical and that's the number of openings. YES Vinland Saga has two absolute bangers of openings but it also only has two openings. How can one say it's the best when paired up with others, who have more bangers? Doesn't make sense imo. Anyway to my rankings:

In the tier of "IDK never watched them"
  • Toriko, anime is garbage, manga is fire though, but do anime openings exist in manga?
  • SAO, I only watched the first two seasons and I LOVED the first & third openings but it's also been like, five or six years since I've seen it, so I can't make an accurate ranking.
  • Kuroko no Basket, only sports anime/manga I've watched/read has been Eyeshield 21.
  • Jojo....attack me all you want.
#7 Vinland Saga
Sorry I had to put them here. I can't say they're the best because there's only two openings, and believe me, I ADORE Mukanjyo. It's so perfect for a series like Vinland Saga, but since there is only two openings how can I say it's above series below which I have over 10 songs I think are bangers? It's not fair nor accurate.
#6 My Hero Academia
Not enough openings plus I think the fifth one is prettyyyyyyy bad. Only ones that were truly great in my eyes were the first, fourth, and the sixth. But none of them reach that "GOAT" tier.
#5 Fairy Tail
Fairy Tail has a lot of good openings, with some absolute bangers and my favorites. But there's so much garbage and skippable ones that holds it back. Nearly half of the openings I either forgot because I skipped them! Not worth it, especially when compared to the rest.
If you disagree, you're simply wrong :kayneshrug:, this OP is better than 99% of Fairy Tail's existence, the other 1% being the ass shots

#4 Naruto
It suffers from the same problems from FT Openings in which half of them are either bad, forgettable/skippable, although much better because it legit has some of the BEST openings to exist. Not to mention the nostalgia is INSANE. The emotions as well are great. if we're going off by best songs period, Naruto may have come in second on my list but the bad half is just too big.
PAIN :risitasad:
#3 One Piece
Although I feel as if Naruto as a whole has better songs, this has simply less bad songs in return. Not to mention it also rivals Naruto in terms of emotional openings, and you know EXACTLY the ones I'm referring to, for example, this masterpiece:

#2 Black Clover
This admittedly surprised me and made me laugh at how consistent these openings were, I legit was wondering if this series will ever have a bad OP (I didn't like the sixth one tbh, but that was one out of the first 11 lol) however the 12th and 13th were lacking against their predecessors, either way, BC has some nice bangers in what is a pretty mediocre series.
#1 Bleach
Come on, what else did you expect? No one else. It's rare to witness a series with so many great openings, some the best in anime in general. It hits the bar for anything you might consider to be a great opening. This applies to it's amazing 30 endings as well. The worst I can think of is that a couple are skippable, the rest are a nice watch.

Other series with great openings from start to end would be FMA, Gintama, Attack on Titan, etc.