Character Discussion Which two are better characters? Shanks and Blackbeard or Kaido and Big Mom?

R1:Which two are better chars?/R2:Which u like more?/R3:Which are more iconic?/R4:Which are stronger

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
R1: Which two are better chars?

R2: Which do you like more?

R3: Which are more iconic?

R4: Which are stronger?

VS

Damn, it's not even fair.
Big Mom was pretty interesting before weeding cake crap happened when she became pure meme while Kaido never even had a real characterization and was all about "I'm too strong" and Oden PTSD.

Shanks only needs 1 panel to shake the fandom. Dude is an eternal mistery and hype machine.
Blackbeard is an amazing villain for the series, has been great since pre-TS, always a fun character to see even if just it's a minor panel.

What ever I say, it is just an opinion. They are all good.

Just as in real life, there will be people who you like and hate.

I started One Piece as a Zoro and Shanks fan. So from the yonko, Shanks imo is better. Then the others are equal.

I rate the characters by how much they make people seethe and no on can touch Big Mom in that metric.
Shanks can only make Shanks fans seethe by being weaker than Mihawk. Since Shanks fans are just a small subset of the OP fans BM and Kaido win easily.

I wish for the return of Big Mom so I can read more written tears.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Mommy Fubuki!
โ€Ž
Shanks is overrated. Teach is a good villain but Kaido and Big Mom are better written for now. I enjoy Kaido and Big Mom on screen more. Iconic though has to go for Shanks and Teach. And K and BM > S and T in strength.

R1 To R3 goes to BB and Shanks unequivocally, Oda dropped the ball with BMs and Kaidos characterization @Light D Lamperouge

R4 Is though because Kaido is stronger than the other 3 but I have Shanks as stronger than BM with BB at last lmao. Its a mixed bag here.

Overall though the BB and Shanks duo clear ^^

Shanks and BB were designed at the beginning of One Piece. Kaido and Big mom were not. Oda kept Shanks and BB for last for a reason. And possibly designed the colors of Haki (Black and Red) based on their theme.

Oda also said he would want to join BB pirates if he was strong and before that he said his favorite character is Shanks. BB and Shanks are very special for Oda and for the series.