General & Others Who do you think was the yonko before Shanks?

Would have been cool before Kaido and Shanks became Emperor's they beat pther former Rox members to become one

But I am not sure really. Blackbeard after beating reamining WBP for their territories and Wang Zhi became one, so that probably means Wang zhi wasn't an emperor

Maybe there were no emperor's. Or just WB and Linlin. Or an additional other two before Kaido and then Shanks became one.

The problem is to think we always had the 4 Yonko system. Same goes to Shichibukai.

We have no quotations of both Roger and/or Whitebeard being Yonkos in the past(Oden flashback). Neither Big Mom and/or Kaido.

Yonko are strong pirates that possess territories and crush pirates on New World therefore helping WG to deal with piracy as a whole although they are very strong opponents to deal with.

We know that Kaido dealt with Moriah. Whitebeard dealt with Crocodile. Big Mom probably dealt with someone she raped first or the first political marriage of her children. Shanks... I don't know.

I would guess that both Yonko and Shichibukai system born at same time and with Shanks becoming one 6/8 years ago(and all others too although they were already famous).

I think we first have to ask IF there was an Emperor before Shanks. There is absolutely no reason why there would have to be four Emperors, unless you assume that beating an Emperor is a prerequisite for becoming one.

Which it isn't... Blackbeard didn't become a Yonko after he killed Whitebeard, he became a Yonko after he defeated the Whitebeard Pirates and took over their territories.

In short, Emperors of the Sea are powerful pirates that are capable of claiming and defending islands as their territories from any and all comers, incluing the World Government. There can be two, there can be four, there can be fifteen... doesn't matter, so long as the requirements were fulfilled.

Shiki was an emperor before Shanks but he left the scenes at the same time as Roger by being sent to Impel down by Garo and Sengoku, what happens to him next is a mix of canon and non canon but either way by the time he is out Shanks is already a well established emperor.

What Shanks did noteworthy before becoming an emperor were his duels with Mihawk which impressed even WB, so that probably is already a big piece of his promotion to yonko status. Maybe it could just be that and that explains both his status as an emperor and Mihawk as strongest swordsman (and shiki) with a bounty of 3 B. Afterall in Naruto too the 3 sannin were awarded their titles by surviving Hansoo by the guy himself (the salamander legendary guy, later got killed by Pain).

When he lost his arm he was not yet a yonko (if I am not mistaken) but it seems he already had insane speed (reach Luffy and the bandit in the middle of the sea in an instant, Oda underlined the fact, it repeats in Marineford) and his speciality was already coc. Also lowkey by saying to Luffy he will give him back his hat when he becomes a "great pirate".. which is the nickname for emperor already implies to a degree that he already thinks he has the title in the bag.

And then we come to know he is also called the CoO killer which either means he denies the enemy from using it or it means he can discombombulate people like he did with Killer (basically having a good coo coupled with speed and so totally countering the enemy). Could this be an hint of something? Maybe this just means the one he actually beat to get the emperor title was none other than the invincible Katakuri (jk).

Maybe the navy was just desperate after containing Mihawk marine hunting activity and recognized Shanks as his equal by giving the title, weird but could run too I guess.

Then he was also recognized by Kaido, he put Shanks at the same level as people like Xebec, primebeard, Roger and Oden who gave him PTSD. So of course Kaido knows Shanks power and that is most likely because he fought him... But that is probably just before Marineford so it doesn't count for Shanks getting the title.

So I have no more bullets, imo there is no clear indication nor clear hints about this, maybe there never will be.

Before shanks there were no "yonkou". Big Mom, Whitebeard and Kaido were considered the "sankou" or "3 emperors"
The problem with this is, how was there so much unclaimed territory then? Like, WB, Big Mom, and Kaido just left 1/4 of the New World unclaimed, so someone else could come in and take it?

Also, the World Government immediately filled both open spots, once Kaido and Big Mom fell. Why fill both, when Buggy had no part in their downfall, and 3 Yonkos were fine in the past?

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
Like I BEEN saying for honestly years now. It’s extremely possible that there never existed a “Yonko” or former WSS/WMWM etc. back then WB was tha WSM and Roger was King. So it’s entirely possible that tha titles and such came to fruition after Rogers death since he held all of those things at tha same time

Excellent question!
People keep asking about Mihawk, but how did Shanks become an emperor ?
Probably by defeating strong pirates, oh wait this reminds me of someone.

My dream is that Shanks beat that overrated fraud Shiki to become the 4th Emperor.

The weird thing is that Shiki did canonically escape Impel Down and admit that he still intends to aim for the top, but since Strong World seemingly isn’t canon, he’s in this weird spot where he’s supposed to have had some sort of master plan after breaking out of prison, but nothing has materialized of it in the canon. Maybe he did become a Yonko along with WB, Kaido, and BM, but Shanks beat him 6 years ago to claim his title
Post automatically merged:

Like I BEEN saying for honestly years now. It’s extremely possible that there never existed a “Yonko” or former WSS/WMWM etc. back then WB was tha WSM and Roger was King. So it’s entirely possible that tha titles and such came to fruition after Rogers death since he held all of those things at tha same time
WB wasn’t WSM until after Roger died

WSS haters and down players always say Mihawk doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Therefore, if Shanks defeated an Emperor, this would've been shown in the manga instead of highlighting Shanks' duels with Mihawk.

There were three emperors.

Then Daddy Garling bribed the WG so the Marines wouldn't touch Shanks without permission. Daddy Garling is smart. He knew the Marines have the power to abolish the Warlords, but they can never attack an Emperor without asking for permission.

MF war was the best evidence of Daddy Garling's great great influence. Shanks in Marines' own turf, yet, still untouchable by the Marines.

Daddy Judge Top 5.
Daddy Garling Top 3.

:myman: