Character Discussion Who is more relevant? Sanji or Nami?

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

Not this is a hard "disagree" from me.
I don't think the character dreams are measured like this at all. They are all very personal dreams.
The Luffy/Sanji similarity is being about finding something "mythical", a "fantasy", some "special hidden thing somewhere in the world". That's like some old adventures movies about findings treasures, curses, lands, etc. Think "indiana jones", or games like "uncharted". Whether we, as an audience, perceive these dreams as "lame" or not, that's on us. Not what the story tries to sell.
And about the Usopp/Zoro comparison, being brave is not the same as being strong. While, more often than not, these concepts tend to walk together, they are each their own thing. Usopp will never be "strong" the same way characters like Zoro are. Which is why Oda >used to< invest more in his intelligence, strategy, and gave a lot of effort on moments where Usopp is faced with impossible odds but eventually decides to face them despite his fears. Zoro's dream is all about being the very best like no one ever was. *queue the pokemon opening song*
I didn't mean inferior as a bad connotation here more like we see similarity because Oda has been trying to parallel their dreams. Just Luffy and Zoro dreams gets more focus.

bottom line is east blue gang are always the most relevant, and Oda loves these 4 in particular and it’s very obvious when you have a first look on the story up till now
he already had decided on their designs and characters even before he started serialising, and you can say he builded the story on their stories